Good job there was no s24SU in 1990

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good god. It’s a good job this forum and social media in general wasn’t about in 1990 when we didn’t win a game till the week before Christmas.

We finished 13th that year by the way.

Jesus H Christ. Get a grip.
Said this myself Tom on a different page
Every game this season we’ve improved
After the Chelsea game in a few weeks and almost last 2 months of season will give us enough points to stay up
14pth is my opinion

Good god. It’s a good job this forum and social media in general wasn’t about in 1990 when we didn’t win a game till the week before Christmas.

Aye. It's the internet. For all the ways it's helped us, it's meant that the words of idiots can be broadcast to the world. 20 years ago, they'd be just shouting at the match or at the radio/TV on their own, and the only people who knew about them were the people unfortunate to be in their close vicinity.

when is Brian Deane signing?

We've struggled to score for half a season now (16 in 23 games)

It's going to be a tough league and I think we'll be in the bottom 6 most of the year.

The last 10 games are favourable though. I think we can stay up but this isn't a 3 game trend. Goals have been an issue since Christmas

Said this myself Tom on a different page
Every game this season we’ve improved
After the Chelsea game in a few weeks and almost last 2 months of season will give us enough points to stay up
14pth is my opinion

I'm seeing what you're seeing btw. I think we started out poorly v Wolves (obviously) but improved as the game went on and whilst we couldn't overcome the mountain we'd given ourselves to climb in those first 6 minutes, we didn't play badly overall. I thought we played even better v Villa and considering we were down to 10 men for most of it the performance deserved some credit. And yesterday v Leeds I thought we were poor in the first 15 minutes or so, giving away possession, but gradually got a grip on the game, played some lovely football at times, and were desperately unlucky to lose. On another day that would have been a win with the chances we had. I think a draw would have been a fair result on the balance of play.

I thought Berge was outstanding btw and I liked the running and movement of Burke - I think he's going to create a lot of chances for us.

The glaring omission is the ability to finish off chances. No criticism of Baldock because I thought his effort was superb - but I can't help thinking that a clinical striker would have finished off some of the other chances.

Tell you what, I fancy us to best Arsenal next weekend and get this show on the road.

Yes indeed, and both fans (for the most part) and board were behind Bassett all the way. It wouldn’t have happened at almost any other club. One of the best things about being a Blade is sticking together and supporting the team when results don’t go our way. I don’t know what the “we’re going down after 3 games” get from supporting this club, they’d be better off elsewhere.

but I can't help thinking that a clinical striker would have finished off some of the other chances.
Which of the chances that we created do you think

a) a striker would have scored

And more importantly

b) they would have been in the position to score rather than the person who was there yesterday

You might say the Lunny chance. But no striker is arriving that late into the box IMO.

I'm seeing what you're seeing btw. I think we started out poorly v Wolves (obviously) but improved as the game went on and whilst we couldn't overcome the mountain we'd given ourselves to climb in those first 6 minutes, we didn't play badly overall. I thought we played even better v Villa and considering we were down to 10 men for most of it the performance deserved some credit. And yesterday v Leeds I thought we were poor in the first 15 minutes or so, giving away possession, but gradually got a grip on the game, played some lovely football at times, and were desperately unlucky to lose. On another day that would have been a win with the chances we had. I think a draw would have been a fair result on the balance of play.

I thought Berge was outstanding btw and I liked the running and movement of Burke - I think he's going to create a lot of chances for us.

The glaring omission is the ability to finish off chances. No criticism of Baldock because I thought his effort was superb - but I can't help thinking that a clinical striker would have finished off some of the other chances.

Tell you what, I fancy us to best Arsenal next weekend and get this show on the road.
Behave with your constructive reasoned logic. We're gooin daaaahn.😉

I thought this myself yesterday. That 3 2 against forest is still one of my favourite games. This team has the same character as Bassetts team and loads more quality although a striker like Brian Deane would be nice.
Am unsure about the quality I must say.
Different style, similar spirit.

At the moment it feels like you get abuse if you're too critical and abuse if you're too positive on here.

I'm still positive but I think even the happiest clapper is going to be concerned by our inability to take our chances and the biggest blow is the potential loss of JOC for the rest of the season. I think Jack Robinson is ok but he's certainly not JOC.

I'm just hoping that Wilder is backed and given time to turn it round because I firmly believe that he is an outstanding manager and the worst thing this club could do is either sack or let the manager go.

Bloody hell no one voice there opinions otherwise the opinion police will come out and get you jeysus Christ give it a rest

Clap clap clap clap clap keep on clapping people

I’m an unashamed clapper, and given our rise through the leagues over the past few seasons and compared with the previous 25 years, there’s never been a better time for us clappers!

Three losses ain’t gonna change that so I’m gonna keep on clapping.

Wilder in.

Am unsure about the quality I must say.
Different style, similar spirit.
I have watched some games from the early nineties and it is like watching a different game. I watched the Leeds game where they lifted the title and the skill level from both teams was awful. Can't imagine anyone these days winning the league with Lee Chapman and Carl Shutt up front, to say nothing of Jon Newsome, Chris Fairclough and Chris Whyte. I enjoyed it more then though. No diving or VAR.

I’m an unashamed clapper, and given our rise through the leagues over the past few seasons and compared with the previous 25 years, there’s never been a better time for us clappers!

Three losses ain’t gonna change that so I’m gonna keep on clapping.

Wilder in.

Do you really think there’s anyone who actually wants wilder out ? No sane person thinks that ?

But your are able to have an opinion on what we’ve done wrong and what we could do better eg signing a decent striker

If you wanna clap along all the way back to the championship that’s upto you

I’d rather the prince put his hand in his pocket and sign some quality players

People are forgetting the prince has literally been handed a premier club for a quid

How is he buying the club ? Using the money we get form TV Revenue stick your hand in your pockets princey

And more importantly

b) they would have been in the position to score rather than the person who was there yesterday

You might say the Lunny chance. But no striker is arriving that late into the box IMO.
i think the move involving Lunnies pass to Burke’s who’s touch and run on were superb he should have passed to wide open diddzy to score or the header/ shot in the second half that just went wide

Bloody hell no one voice there opinions otherwise the opinion police will come out and get you jeysus Christ give it a rest

Clap clap clap clap clap keep on clapping people
I can imagine making several posts/threads a day during the first half of the 1990-91 season but hardly make any in the 2nd half.

What tickles me is people thinking that by scalding, castigating or worse personally insulting anyone who disagrees will make them change their mind. The evangelical zeal that some people have about their opinion is both extremely egotistical and laughable given that the majority on here will be neither extreme of the spectrum.

Deano's not going to step up to this level, he’s just a lower league target man.

If we sign Gayle we’re relegated, he’s shit.

Why does Bassett keep picking Gannon? I think he’s lost it.

Thank fuck we haven’t got a derby match this season, we’ll never beat them playing this long ball shite.

Weer’s munneh Reg?

And more importantly

McBurnie missed header

a) any half decent striker gets a head on that at least

b) it came from a set play so quite easy to end up in his final position

We've struggled to score for half a season now (16 in 23 games)

It's going to be a tough league and I think we'll be in the bottom 6 most of the year.

The last 10 games are favourable though. I think we can stay up but this isn't a 3 game trend. Goals have been an issue since Christmas
That's fair and reasoned. It's an issue to address or it will be a struggle. Wouldn't it be good if this forum just had more debate at that level. Rather than the hysterics on so many threads.

That's fair and reasoned. It's an issue to address or it will be a struggle. Wouldn't it be good if this forum just had more debate at that level. Rather than the hysterics on so many threads.
That'll be the day!!

Back
Top Bottom