Good Article

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Makes for an interesting read that Blades Analytics twitter page. He's on the BladesPod podcast as well sometime. I like all the stats side of things personally.

Load of bollocks!

Hate it when some wannabe managers are trying to advise Wilder on who we should sign!

Bit harsh on the lad, it seems a lot of effort went into that article. From the bits I listened to on the blades podcast, he really enjoys the analytical side of Football.

To be honest the suggestions are also very sensible, assuming our budget will be similar to this years. Player suggestions with actual reasoning behind them is refreshing, especially on here.

Fair play to the lad for having a hobby and taking such a interest in the club.

We need to be looking at getting 2/3 top ens signings not basement bargains.

Bit harsh on the lad, it seems a lot of effort went into that article. From the bits I listened to on the blades podcast, he really enjoys the analytical side of Football.

To be honest the suggestions are also very sensible, assuming our budget will be similar to this years. Player suggestions with actual reasoning behind them is refreshing, especially on here.

What does he know about the contract situation of his "targets", are their agents easy to deal with? Wilder might have better targets

Keeper save percentage stats are sort of enlightening.

"His [Blackman's] save percentage ranks better than Moore’s at 65.6 per cent compared to Moore’s 60"

This is the second bottom in the league. Only Burton are worse.

Top re save percentages are Villa, Millwall, Ipswich, and Wendy all in the 70 percents.

Blackman seems to do well in claiming crosses and kick percentage accuracy so not all bad.

What does he know about the contract situation of his "targets", are their agents easy to deal with? Wilder might have better targets

I imagine he knows nothing about the contract situations, but considering 3 of the players suggested are loans from premiership clubs, they are what I would call realistic targets.

Wilder probably does have better targets, I just think showing appreciation for a young lad and his hobby is not that hard.

I imagine he knows nothing about the contract situations, but considering 3 of the players suggested are loans from premiership clubs, they are what I would call realistic targets.

Wilder probably does have better targets, I just think showing appreciation for a young lad and his hobby is not that hard.
As he is young, I will let him off as I was like him when I was his age :)

He's obviously read my 'possible targets' thread....

Not a fan of basing these things purely on stats. About Sam Gallagher for example, he puts him forward as more of battering ram who needs to improve technically but even though he's tall it's his technical ability, mobility and flexibility that make him stand out. He's just been in a shit team. It was a bad move for him.

I'd imagine Adam Webster will have richer suitors than us, but it's a decent shout.

Marcus Maddison would be unaffordable - 2 years on his contract and he plays for Peterborough.

I doubt we'll be able to get Harry Wilson - not sure what Liverpool want to do with him but there'll at least be top Championship clubs interested.

And Paul Gallagher from Preston is a strange suggestion.

"Marcus Maddison would be unaffordable - 2 years on his contract and he plays for Peterborough".

Seriously?

You're not aware Peterborough always demand crazy money for their players - and usually get it?

We could buy fucking Peterborough and still have change for Northampton if them numpties running us got serious.

I think Gallagher might have a role at Southampton next year. If he didn't he would be a good option for us, but wouldn't want to build a team round him.

We need a quality CB, LWB and striker for me improving the pace we have in the team at the same time. None of these players scream better than at least 15 players we already have.

I think Gallagher might have a role at Southampton next year. If he didn't he would be a good option for us, but wouldn't want to build a team round him.

We need a quality CB, LWB and striker for me improving the pace we have in the team at the same time. None of these players scream better than at least 15 players we already have.

I'd say McBurnie and Wilson yell 'better than we already have' but the problem is that players who do are very hard or impossible to sign. I'd love us to get McBurnie but I think he'll be wanted at Swansea or at least by richer Championship clubs, and with Southampton going down I'd be surprised if Gallagher was available. It's a bloody nightmare trying to find the right striker. We might even have to look..... abroad.

I'd say McBurnie and Wilson yell 'better than we already have' but the problem is that players who do are very hard or impossible to sign. I'd love us to get McBurnie but I think he'll be wanted at Swansea or at least by richer Championship clubs, and with Southampton going down I'd be surprised if Gallagher was available. It's a bloody nightmare trying to find the right striker. We might even have to look..... abroad.

I wouldn't bust a gut to get either. I think we need to step up the quality of loan players in key positions personally, especially if the money isn't there.

Exactly, bloody know it alls, posting clap trap about random players. Leave to the management team.

Oh. :oops:
Don't think Wilder will take note of them stats,he will have is agenda who to sign ,
Stats of that kind aare still useful though when compiling a list but Mitchell and Co will look much deeper into a players back ground.Can still get it wrong in some cases,Wilder has a few disappointing players who have not reached the required level.
The further down the leagues you go will make it more of a gamble but when your funds are limited it's the only way..We have picked up some nuggets on the way hopefully more to come

That cuts no ice with me. When I was his age my hobby was ipsation rather than formation, and I also took an interest in club, as well as Mayfair & Razzle. I was prodigious. Injuries, work & relationships have curtailed me over the years, but at my peak, I probably ranked as highly as anybody in the north of England. Any detailed analysis of my levels of performance have long since been wiped away, and as time has gone on, it's been more ‘word of mouth’. At my high point, I didn’t get any exposure, and was never splashed all over The Star. Saying that, word of my legend must have leaked out, as I often hear people say “That’s Nic C, he’s a reyt w*nker” as I walk past, and I feel a warm glow of pride. ;)

Peterborough's owner is well known in refusing to accept offers for their best players unless if it was a silly one

How does that work then ....... refusing to accept offers for your players ??!? o_O

We all know that you have no choice but to accept an offer when a Club in a higher Division make an offer ......... that's the rules isn't it ? :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP

Talking bollocks again I see.

images

Back
Top Bottom