Gone To Villa.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Benteke & Pepe Reina both rumoured, villa continuing with the most villa signings ever.

They’ll probably sack Smith but they really should be sacking their head of recruitment, whose name I can’t remember. This is the bloke who recommended Wesley as a replacement for Abraham.

They’ll probably sack Smith but they really should be sacking their head of recruitment, whose name I can’t remember. This is the bloke who recommended Wesley as a replacement for Abraham.

To be fair, replacing Abraham was never going to be an easy task. Unless they're bringing in a genuinely world class striker, you simply don't replace a forward like him easily. Not saying TA is world class, but literally anyone that they bring in would be compared to him.

Wesley was a stupid, expensive gamble (especially when you consider Danny Ings was available for half the price) which has backfired massively. Villa are fucked IMO.

To be fair, replacing Abraham was never going to be an easy task. Unless they're bringing in a genuinely world class striker, you simply don't replace a forward like him easily. Not saying TA is world class, but literally anyone that they bring in would be compared to him.

Wesley was a stupid, expensive gamble (especially when you consider Danny Ings was available for half the price) which has backfired massively. Villa are fucked IMO.
True and whilst I’m laughing at Benteke and Drinkwater, I’m not sure what their alternatives are. None of their rivals would sell or loan them a player and they need players who can hit the ground running, not foreigners or championship signings who might take a few months to adapt and settle.
There doesn’t appear to be many options from the bigger clubs, I’m struggling to think of an out of favour striker other than Giroud. Batshuayi maybe?

Leon?

True and whilst I’m laughing at Benteke and Drinkwater, I’m not sure what their alternatives are. None of their rivals would sell or loan them a player and they need players who can hit the ground running, not foreigners or championship signings who might take a few months to adapt and settle.
There doesn’t appear to be many options from the bigger clubs, I’m struggling to think of an out of favour striker other than Giroud. Batshuayi maybe?

Leon?

Rumour has it Batshuayi and Giroud have both been considered and they have both binned Villa off.

I think Ings was way more than that. Sure he was something daft like 18m

Really? That's such a Villa signing.
Not sure if its true, sure it was the Birmingham rag that said they'd been linked. It was certainly credible from what I remember. All the names I've mentioned above would have been great in 2010, they're all pushing 40 though now

My sister and her husband.....nice anall, detached with a private pool

Doesn't matter who they sign. At the end of the day Dean Smith is their gaffer.

Louie Barry, joined Barca six months ago from West Brom. Doesn’t like it, wants to come home. Mard arse pussy IMO. Probably end up at Solihull Moors telling everyone how he once took the ball off Messi in training.
Apparently Villa want to buy him for £3 mill.......but Barca have not paid WBA the £235,000 they owe them for taking him from their academy, so WBA lawyers have been involved and Barca have been reported to EUFA / FIFA or whoever

Leon?
There is one striker in the championship who's proven in the prem and who you could sign if you can afford his wages. Mitrovic.
I know he's who I'd go for if I had money to spend.

Do they realise they can only have a limited squad number.......might work for them back in the championship though next season.

Oh and Callum O Hare from Coventry, attacking midfield player - Ignore that.......he's already a Villa player on loan at Coventry, but might be recalled.

Makes you laugh those who tries to defend them in being compared to Fulham.

Seem to be going out of their way to 'do a Fulham'. They spent over 100m and with the loaners like Abraham, I'm not sure the team that started this season is any stronger than the one that finished last season, in fact probably less so minus TA.

At least Mousset is an improvement and you could argue if you put us down a level having Mousset, McBurnie, McGoldrick, Sharp and Robinson would be an embarrassment of riches.

We're not far off being excellent. If you stuck Giroud up too for the next 17 and he remained fit, we'd be pushing the top 4. How far we have come to be basically one expensive loan away from challenging Champions League!

Makes you laugh those who tries to defend them in being compared to Fulham.

Seem to be going out of their way to 'do a Fulham'. They spent over 100m and with the loaners like Abraham, I'm not sure the team that started this season is any stronger than the one that finished last season, in fact probably less so minus TA.

At least Mousset is an improvement and you could argue if you put us down a level having Mousset, McBurnie, McGoldrick, Sharp and Robinson would be an embarrassment of riches.

We're not far off being excellent. If you stuck Giroud up too for the next 17 and he remained fit, we'd be pushing the top 4. How far we have come to be basically one expensive loan away from challenging Champions League!
We could pair Giroud with Didsy. Then we’d have a striker who couldn’t score in the world cup and a striker who can’t score in the PL.

There is one striker in the championship who's proven in the prem and who you could sign if you can afford his wages. Mitrovic.
I know he's who I'd go for if I had money to spend.
Yeah ,proven shit

Back
Top Bottom