Give Egan some Help!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Egan had a decent game today and has somehow conceded 4 goals due to what’s around him. Stevens should not be playing at centre half it's not even up for debate. Why have we given Jagielka a year long contract and not even given him a run out in these fixtures. He played as a left sided centre half for England he might be slow and wont get forward but we wouldn't have conceded anywhere near the goals we have done.

Give Stevens half a chance of finding some form and play him at wing back. Lowe by the look isn’t ready for Premier League football just yet. That whole left hand side was shambolic really with three players “out of position”. Stevens marking Zouma from corners in the first half summed it all up, it’s a recipe for disaster. You can't tell me that during the week Wilder and the coaching staff have thought Stevens will be okay marking one of Abraham, Zouma or Silva. Chelsea weren't particularly brilliant and have scored 4. It's irrelevant what we do at the top of the pitch if we can't defend a simple cross or set piece. And that isn't just based on today's we've seen enough crap defending down the left now to know something has to change

Ramsdale the least said the better. He seems to be very good at conceding goals which are followed by the commentator saying “he maybe could have done a little better there”. He surely needs some time out of the side his confidence is shot. Verrips or Foderingham can’t do any worse. Henderson on loan in January if he isn’t starting? Pay whatever loan fee Man Utd want.

Last edited:

Second goal was terrible keeping, but Ramsdale is by far and away the best keeper on our books. He is the player whose position looks the most assured to be honest, due to the lack of competition.

Second goal was terrible keeping, but Ramsdale is by far and away the best keeper on our books. He is the player whose position looks the most assured to be honest, due to the lack of competition.
Based on what ? Certainly not what he’s shown in a Blades shirt

Based on what ? Certainly not what he’s shown in a Blades shirt
Lack of competition as I said. Verrips, Fotheringham and Moore are championship at best sadly. Ramsdale was culpable for the second but for me that is the only real bollock he has dropped this year.

Thank you. Was a genuine question, I didn’t know that.
I didn't know that either. Ramsdale has hardly come in and made the shirt his own so I wouldn't be gutted to see him dropped but Chris will probably stand by him a bit longer

We cant be far off first round of FA Cup for PL teams wouldnt be surprised if Ramsdale is "rested" and one of the other keepers steps in. If they have a really good match then the competition for the place would be there. Relegation fighting teams often have good FA Cup runs.

We cant be far off first round of FA Cup for PL teams wouldnt be surprised if Ramsdale is "rested" and one of the other keepers steps in. If they have a really good match then the competition for the place would be there. Relegation fighting teams often have good FA Cup runs.
Start of January mate

Not sure I agree with specific criticism of Ramsdale. I think Chilwell's goal should have been cut out by Lowe, who was asleep on back stick duty. Fourth goal was a terrific Lowe "assist ". Is he on Chelsea's payroll.? Need to up our game now. Worst start since 1975 and we know what happened then.....

Not sure I agree with specific criticism of Ramsdale. I think Chilwell's goal should have been cut out by Lowe, who was asleep on back stick duty. Fourth goal was a terrific Lowe "assist ". Is he on Chelsea's payroll.? Need to up our game now. Worst start since 1975 and we know what happened then.....
Just watched the "highlights". thought Lowe was at fault for 2 of the goals, that being 1, the other where he appears to play an outstanding through ball, unfortunately, it was towards the wrong goal. Who was supposed to be marking Abraham for their 1st hopefully it wasn't supposed to be him?

Max Lowe to collide with Verrips giving him concussion in his first start of the season.

Problem is most fans were crying out for Stevens at LCB and Lowe at LWB when they deemed Jack Robinson as not good enough and Lowe put in a decent performance in the cup.

Personally I think Jack Robinson is OK but not great. Whoever we play is going to be a big downgrade on JOC.

Stevens form has gone off a cliff since lockdown. He wasn't playing great in his natural position so it's no shock he hasn't been great at LCB.

With the injuries we've had I really wasn't expecting anything from our last 3. Hopefully after the internationals we'll at least have fleck back.

A midfield 3 of Fleck, Ampadu, Berge coupled with a run of fixtures no where near as difficult as our last 3 should hopefully see a bit of form and raise in confidence.

Tough for our defence, Stevens isn't comfortable at LCB and is getting exposed. Most games the extra attacking impetus he is supposed to carry there doesn't really transpire, so I'd be plumping for Ampadu in there for now (as much as I'd rather keep exploring him in the Norwood role, in an ideal world).

In a "team full of leaders", Egan is the defacto leader of the defence now, and the onus is on him as much as anybody to gather them up and make the unit work. He's playing well, I want to see the leadership now, because at times in games we look all at sea back there and he has got to steady the ship.

Is Bryan a part of our 25 man season squad? If he is then as it's not really worked with Stevens and Robinson so far Bryan may turn out worse than those two but we'll never truly know until we field him there. But despite never breaking into the first team he's been at the club for over 2 years now so knows our system, is a left footed CB so shouldn't be too uncomfortable there. But what I don't know is how much at home would he be in a back 3 apart from appearances for us in the Cups?

I'm no psychology or body language expert but watching Egan's post match interview he really seemed devoid of any enthusiasm, optimism and confidence. His voice tone was flat all way through like he's been hit for six. It was straight after the game and a bad defeat at that so I may be reading too much into this. But as Egan has always been our strongest leader, most animated and full of character it does look worrying because when you're at your lowest you need your leader to be at their most strongest, resilient and upbeat.

Last edited:
I’ll hold my hand up. I positively enthused about Enda filling at LCB. Thought he was the nearest thing we’d got to the marauding Jack O’Connell....How wrong I was.
His only saving grace (not ours) is that his potential replacement Max Lowe looks very much like the Derby County squad player he was.
Unfortunately for us and as pitiful as it sounds, Jack Robinson is starting to look favourable choice for LCB

To be honest if we ain’t doing the overlapping CB thing anymore. Is really important that the LCB is left footed? It seems a shame to keep Ampadu out of team because he’s a right footer. His speed, strength, skill and awareness on the field would surely make up for that.?

Get Robinson in, not for his defending but for his long throw, at least we might get the ball into the oppositions box for a change.

Great Egan goes off after 14 mins with head injury/suspected concussion at the ROI game.

Back
Top Bottom