CONFIRMED George Baldock joins from MK Dons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would like him here, it seems CW wants to add pace to this team with Stevens down one side and Freeman down the other.

Let him battle it out with Freeman, no-one could argue who plays, and may the best player start.

That he looked class at our place as well... would be v happy with our fullback options for next year if we've got Lafferty/ Stevens and Baldock/ freeman.

Really wouldn't surprise me if we did sign this lad. CW clearly rates him and described him as a very good player last season after the match at the Lane - though he did also say that he didn't need all the theatrics and falling down too easily.

Think CW will think he is a talented lad who he can polish up into becoming a little gem. Also available on a free I think.

Would be a very clever signing this lad if it happens and he will be good competition for Freeman for the RB spot.

He was their only threat, looking very lively on the right wing, down at Milton Keynes.

We outclassed them that day and I said at the time their number 2 was the only player who I'd like.

Really wouldn't surprise me if we did sign this lad. CW clearly rates him and described him as a very good player last season after the match at the Lane - though he did also say that he didn't need all the theatrics and falling down too easily.

Think CW will think he is a talented lad who he can polish up into becoming a little gem. Also available on a free I think.

Would be a very clever signing this lad if it happens and he will be good competition for Freeman for the RB spot.

Sadly he isn't available on a free. One more season to go.

Sadly he isn't available on a free. One more season to go.

On checking, it seems that you are quite correct and that GB is still under contract with the plastics until next summer.

Though as he only has a year left, I would imagine that he wouldn't command a huge transfer fee if CW decided that he wanted him. Perhaps it's just a rumour though but I think he would still be a good signing provided that any transfer fee was right for us.

Was he the player that cut in during the first half from the right (at there place) and hit the bar?

On checking, it seems that you are quite correct and that GB is still under contract with the plastics until next summer.

Though as he only has a year left, I would imagine that he wouldn't command a huge transfer fee if CW decided that he wanted him. Perhaps it's just a rumour though but I think he would still be a good signing provided that any transfer fee was right for us.

Yeah he seems to fit the bill that Chris likes; up and coming and can improve with us. As you say, you wouldn't imagine a huge fee?

Another tidy player, who is decent in the ball.

And wouldn't be overly expensive either. I reckon the player would be keen on the move given the move up a division, pay rise and size of the club. But at the moment Wilder is still the biggest draw. Once a player speaks with him then he more or less seals the deal.

If Brayford is replaced by this lad, fair enough. As long as we get a fee of some sort for him.

Another tidy player, who is decent in the ball.

And wouldn't be overly expensive either. I reckon the player would be keen on the move given the move up a division, pay rise and size of the club. But at the moment Wilder is still the biggest draw. Once a player speaks with him then he more or less seals the deal.

If Brayford is replaced by this lad, fair enough. As long as we get a fee of some sort for him.
Other than Holmes and Leonard griz ;-)

I see Baldock competing with Freeman at RB/RWB, and Brayford competing for RCB - if he comes back.

New do not want Bradford back, he is not a centre back, he is no better than Freeman and cannot see the point if keeping a guy on an expensive contract to at best sit on the bench.
We should get rid for whatever we can get, but just offloading hopefully frees up all of his excessive contract.

Brayford's going. Some people need to come to terms with this, as hard as it might be.

Baldock would be a good signing, the sort to compete with Freeman rather than replace him, so it would probably put to bed any possibility of Freeman leaving.

Hopefully he's out of contract as he'd be an excellent free transfer, if not then I think we'd be looking at paying about 300k, which wouldn't be ideal for another player who's not likely to be a regular.

no that was lewington!

Now that is a player that I would have liked here for years.
He fits the "Bladey, Bladey" bill too. His dad played for us. I wonder what ever happened to him?;)

someone needs to explain to me why a player ridiculously highly rated by Burton the fans and staff who defensively almost single handedly kept them up playing centre back isn't good enough for us! his wages might be biggish but lower wages and a transfer fee on an unproven centre back versus a championship player of the month contender last month is a no brainer folks! but, and its a big but, does he want to come back???

Back
Top Bottom