GCB writer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well Poker blade I went to King Ecgberts in Dore! Do I know you?

Yes well, I taught there around the same time and I remember both of you. I don't know how Poker Blade has the temerity to come on here spouting off about history, he was terrible at it and was always late with his homework. Whereas you. Bobbyj, were terrible at all subjects as I recall, and spent most of your time smoking behind the bicycle sheds.

GettyImages-630212788.jpg
Why are we allowing pictures of sex offenders to be posted up?

Maggots, it’s true, and some Rotherham Blades invented it.
This is Part True, The Rotherham Blades did Invent it, BUT It's not Maggots and never has been Not what they sang anyway, The Original Lads were well known as the Parkgate Blades who were lads from Romish (Rawmarsh to non locals ;) ) and Parkgate, who all went supping in Parkgate, they ran coaches in 70's 80's from local boozers in Parkgate where they spent many a hour drinking Gallons of Magnet. But none of them were fishermen :) it was very Late 70's when it were sung by them, but caught on and got more vocal at games in the very early 80's.

This is Part True, The Rotherham Blades did Invent it, BUT It's not Maggots and never has been Not what they sang anyway, The Original Lads were well known as the Parkgate Blades who were lads from Romish (Rawmarsh to non locals ;) ) and Parkgate, who all went supping in Parkgate, they ran coaches in 70's 80's from local boozers in Parkgate where they spent many a hour drinking Gallons of Magnet. But none of them were fishermen :) it was very Late 70's when it were sung by them, but caught on and got more vocal at games in the very early 80's.
Thought this would bring you out of retirement. You ok mate?

Wolves away first game 84-85 season.
Had a nutter on our coach. He'd got one of them dog - less dog leads.
"C'mon Spot grrr look at the policeman's dog grrr grrr."
"
Donny's better un Sheffield. yor ant gorran Arndale 'av yer?
Made sure we stood away from him. Nutter.

Remember them well, some real lads.

Tin hat on but I think the lyrics need updating to the 21st century.

Even now we're in the PL I get the sense it's not being sung with as much passion and pride as I thought it would.
You fill up my senses
Like some fake news on twitter
Like a shitcunt YouTuber
Like a snowflake in tears
Like a night watching Netflix
Like a nice quinoa salad
Oh just fucking shoot me
What have we become?

Nah nah nah nah naaaaaah nah........

How the hell do you guys remember stuff like this ,Im struggling to remember the events of our last away game.
Being young, free and single back then, I used to get to most of the away games in the 80s. With a little jog of my memory from the lads, I could recall who I went with, where we stopped off, which pubs we drank in etc - but can't remember much at all about the actual games :D

Alas money issues mean I only get to about half the away games now, but ask me about a game from say 3 or 4 years ago and I probably couldn't recall a thing.

Isn't advancing in years great hey ..... or maybe all the brain cells I lost in my youth are now coming home to roost :confused:

Thought this would bring you out of retirement. You ok mate?

Yes mate Thanks just got be Extra careful with all this Virus, you and yours ok ? stay safe mate look after family

Remember them well, some real lads.

You not wrong. some of the old boy's still think they back in the 70's 80's ;)

There were some rum lads with the Rotherham lot ,used to see them all the time, Im shit on names but the brothers who were demolition guys they were the main ones I remember , then there was Kaylie (sp) and Granny but their lot were Kivo I think.

There were some rum lads with the Rotherham lot ,used to see them all the time, Im shit on names but the brothers who were demolition guys they were the main ones I remember , then there was Kaylie (sp) and Granny but their lot were Kivo I think.

Yep know who you on about, they were more 80's some older lads were the original lads from Romish, Parkgate, it got bigger in 80's with lads From all surrounding areas and became more Known as the Rotherham Blades

Yep know who you on about, they were more 80's some older lads were the original lads from Romish, Parkgate, it got bigger in 80's with lads From all surrounding areas and became more Known as the Rotherham Blades
Just came to me Lynskeys, good lads in more way than one.

If lodger was still here he'd be saying that they sang it in 1723 and then left it and we started using it when they didn't want it anymore cos we want to be like them.

You fill up my senses
Like some fake news on twitter
Like a shitcunt YouTuber
Like a snowflake in tears
Like a night watching Netflix
Like a nice quinoa salad
Oh just fucking shoot me
What have we become?

Nah nah nah nah naaaaaah nah........
You fill up my senses
Like a fresh pack of bog roll
Like a walk round the corner
Like a wake up at noon
Like a fresh PPE mask
Like an unshowered armpit
Like a furlough til summer
Come thrill me again
nah nah nahhhh nah nah naaahhh
OOH

My old man, said follow the van
I said l'm self isolating you silly old cunt

Don't take my hand
Stay away metres two
I don't want infecting by you

He's here he's there
Selfish dickhead ignoring the rules

We are Bladesmen
We are Bladesmen
Sunbathing
In the park
Fuck the public
We're important
We are Bladesmen
Clogging up the Lanes, streets and Roads

Oh Sheffield
Is wonderful
Oh Sheffield is wonderful
It's full of tits fannies and the self entitled
Running about in the Peak District

You're gonna get your mask and gown and gloves

Oh we aint got a barrel of money
This lockdown just aint funny
Because COVID-19
Has ruined our dream
U-ni-ted

pommpey

1984? First time I heard it was coming back from Rotherham after the late winner. (I didn’t go to Grimsby away so I’m not arguing about it, Rotherham was just the first time I was aware of it).

I can’t remember it at that game,probably because I walked back to Sheffield ( Page Hall) after, didn’t use train.

My old man, said follow the van
I said l'm self isolating you silly old cunt

Don't take my hand
Stay away metres two
I don't want infecting by you

He's here he's there
Selfish dickhead ignoring the rules

We are Bladesmen
We are Bladesmen
Sunbathing
In the park
Fuck the public
We're important
We are Bladesmen
Clogging up the Lanes, streets and Roads

Oh Sheffield
Is wonderful
Oh Sheffield is wonderful
It's full of tits fannies and the self entitled
Running about in the Peak District

I’ll give Bob Dylan a ring see if he’s interested

Can somebody refresh my memory please. That goal at Rotherham, was it a daisy cutter on a bone hard pitch with hardly any grass, that seemed to take an eternity to roll In?

followed by that dreadful crush coming up that narrow alley, scary stuff that.
happy days

Can somebody refresh my memory please. That goal at Rotherham, was it a daisy cutter on a bone hard pitch with hardly any grass, that seemed to take an eternity to roll In?

happy days

Sure it was a Bob Atkins header on the back post.

Sure it was a Bob Atkins header on the back post.

happy days
I remember it as a volley. Almost out of nowhere, it fell to him and he just hit it.

Well there’s three different versions eh?

I’d go with the volley, but thought he mistimed it.

Wasn‘t it around this time of year too, Easter time?

It was a good strike, Trusson I think, very late in the match

Back
Top Bottom