Gary Sinclair on the Naughty Step

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Summat like (when the board went up showing '2') 'You'll be disappointed to hear that there are only two minutes of the first half to play.'

I hope Gary doesn’t get the sack over that, it was just a bit a fun and he’s amongst the best PA men in the business.

Cirkey can you imagine the other guy who stands in for Gary getting the job full time. You know the one I mean the one who sounds like he won a church raffle to do the PA for the day.

Cirkey can you imagine the other guy who stands in for Gary getting the job full time. You know the one I mean the one who sounds like he won a church raffle to do the PA for the day.

Not sure if you were at the Hull game but I think they might be blooding in a new lad (much younger than the usual stand-in). He did about half the announcements along with Gary. It makes sense if that's what they were doing as it was a small crowd so he was less likely to get stage fright or whatever.

My cat could do a better job on the PA than the bloke who stands in for GS.

Gary Sinclair is a nobwipe. Very dislikeable man. I wouldn’t apologise for him though, just take folks to Maggie Mays for half an hour & they would understand.

I agree. He pisses me off every single home game, and has done so for years. Gormless platitudes bellowed at conversation-defying volume, plus shit music.

Tweet from Danny Hall
"CW apologised to Steve Bruce and Villa for comments on the tannoy at the end of the first half. ‘We’re not an arrogant club and I’ll deal with that. I apologised on behalf of Sheffield United.”

That said, I did lol at that comment today. Feckin' priceless :)

He also said something along the lines of "6 minutes left in this league" in the Chessie game which I found a little funny, although thats not really offensive to anyone in particular.

In regards to today let's hope it doesn't go any further he's obviously just got a little too carried away!

He effectively wrote part of Bruce's team talk.

Not sure if you were at the Hull game but I think they might be blooding in a new lad (much younger than the usual stand-in). He did about half the announcements along with Gary. It makes sense if that's what they were doing as it was a small crowd so he was less likely to get stage fright or whatever.

It sounded to me like Richie Pearson from Hallam FM. Sure he at least reads the forum?

He also said something along the lines of "6 minutes left in this league" in the Chessie game which I found a little funny, although thats not really offensive to anyone in particular.

I don't know, if I was a Chesterfield fan busy trying to work out where the hell Stevenage and the rest of League 2 play I might be annoyed by that comment

He effectively wrote part of Bruce's team talk.

It sounded to me like Richie Pearson from Hallam FM. Sure he at least reads the forum?

Actually now you mention it he did sound like the Hallam FM lad I've heard before. Do you have any idea if he's in line to do it permanently in the future?

Richie, are you there?

Come on, probably stating more how enjoyable it was and not wanting it to end rather than anything arrogant.

Still, maybe he should remain professional.

It was very funny but I also thought at the time it was quite disrespectful.

Hopefully a slap on the wrist should sort it.

Back
Top Bottom