Gary Cahill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

£10 million would get you an above average house in what estate agents would refer to as preferable areas. Although stumping up the readies could be a task, it would be the ongoing upkeep you'd need to consider. For quite some time many inner London home-owners (now I'm referring to homes costing above £10 million) have chosen to build down, hence they gave a lower ground floor, then a basement, then, and then, so that on each lower level you have a dedicated swimming pool, then a media room, then a home cinema etc. It's staggering but has been the 'norm' for those loaded, of which they're plenty, and ready to pay the going rate. All you need to do is take a walk around South Kensington-Notting Hill-Knightsbridge-Mayfair-Chelsea etc, and the type/quality of architecture should answer any questions you might have.

Given the above, I'd plump for Chiswick, probably Bedford Park, at least you'd have decent change left out of your £10 million.
Good call. There’s some lovely properties round Bedford Park/Turnham Green area.

Good call. There’s some lovely properties round Bedford Park/Turnham Green area.

There are. The Architect responsible for the nicest parts of Bedford Park was Norman Shaw. Although Shaw (first name Richard) wasn't the first creative to be employed on this project, it was Shaw's vision that finally brought the style we now enjoy to become the matrix for the area. It was a speculator called John Thomas Carr who brought huge amounts of land for this city garden estate to be created, and Shaw's vision was central to what followed.

I used to live in Fulham as a child, and a relative lived close to Turnham Green tube, and it was this that enabled me to become familiar with the housing stock and visual delights that came from walking around the streets taking in just how fantastic the houses are.

Back
Top Bottom