Funny things you've overheard in the stands

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

'Hes all over im, like a Burtons suit', Many years ago from a long suffering Blade who is no longer with us.

“He’s garbage, should never be on pitch. Stealing a wage the twat. Get Monty off!”

“Thats Ifill fav”

“Must be same haircut son. All look same”

I have a thousand miss identified players from mi old man

probably not overheard but i do remember at an away game potentially under weir at Rotherham. a guy who was sat back row got into a verbal fight with utd fans in away end. so in 1 retaliation he decided to moon the away end. steward saw it & promptly got thrown out, passing alot of laughing & gloating utd fans

20190616_192354.jpg

I also went to watch Wednesday at Huddersfield one day with my dad (yes yes I know) and the away support, which was far better than the actual match, spent most of the game singing “Bobby Carolgees, Bobby Carolgees” to a bloke in the home end. It was hilarious.

He left after about 70 minutes, presumably unable to take it any longer.

that reminds me of the great away at Rochdale? when away fans terrorised that fan in home end "hes got a lampshade on his head" 😄

probably not overheard but i do remember at an away game potentially under weir at Rotherham. a guy who was sat back row got into a verbal fight with utd fans in away end. so in 1 retaliation he decided to moon the away end. steward saw it & promptly got thrown out, passing alot of laughing & gloating utd fans

View attachment 55376

Didn't Larry Lloyd once moon the Kop when he was playing for Wigan? This was in the early 80s in the lower divisions (Div 4?) long before social media turned everyone into prudes so he got away scot free!

Didn't Larry Lloyd once moon the Kop when he was playing for Wigan? This was in the early 80s in the lower divisions (Div 4?) long before social media turned everyone into prudes so he got away scot free!
Saw him blow a raspberry at the Kop

Bury, I believe. Spent the entire second half winding that kid up, poor lad.

Greenwich Blade remembers it to because we were talking about it just a couple of weeks ago!

Rochdale & bury them Manchester based lower league clubs can all merge into 1 ;)

but yes that is 1 thing that has always made me laugh. I bet he chucked that bucket hat away after that game

Overheard two Wednesday fans one match day at Hillsborough

“Apparently we turned down £12, million for Bannan”

“Good, he’s a r8 steal at that, worth at least £15 mill that lad”

Back
Top Bottom