Front 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m not saying the players don’t train for the game ahead but they don’t necessarily know they’re starting, and Wilder shouldn’t be telling them they’re starting beforehand.

Where's the proof he is? A look at me post on here?

They find out well in advance of that
As I said, I can see why they train for the game ahead and plan certain things but you can do that without telling them they’re starting the next game. I don’t think they should know for definite until the day of the game.

There isn’t any proof as of yet but it seems to be happening quite a bit for it to be an educated guess.

Wouldn't a player be more likely? Genuine question .

Wilder and his long term close friends are a pretty tight bunch. Personally l'd be surprised if it was one of them.

Wilder and his long term close friends are a pretty tight bunch. Personally l'd be surprised if it was one of them.
I don’t think it is one of them but my overriding point is that he shouldn’t lead on as to what the team is until the day of the game, that way no fucker knows. You can still prepare for a game without the players knowing for definite who will be starting.

I'd have a thought a disgruintled or very careless player is a strong possibilty, but I googled a bit and found it's more common than I'd thought. At Brighton some of the ground staff were accused and sacked (appeal pending), at another club I read about a security man and his mum who was a cleaner at the club being accused (thought think that was more about alleged photographing documents about scouting targets/transfers).

Depends if team sheets get left lying around for others to see I suppose as well, think I saw on a forum that that was said about some leaks at Stoke last year.

Another possibility could be a relative of a player or member of staff?

Any person who reveals any inside info about SUFC should think again. Whether it’s someone who we are looking to sign, something that’s gone off in the camp or a hint at the team/who is fit/who isn’t and so on, it can only affect us negatively on the pitch. Ply it down all you like - Emery/Klopp/Guardiola will not personally be looking at this forum perhaps, but come on, in this day and age, clubs gain every possible advantage they can.

Akinbiyi/SunJihi etc who reveal stuff, it may well be gratifying for you, and it may well entertain those who are hungry for inside info all the time, and it may not cause much harm to the club, we all might be overreacting. If you’re a Blade though, why risk it?

I’m not one for falling out with people online, that’s for children, but come on, think about it.

So what is our team for tomorrow then?? Cos I have a feeling it’ll be McG & Billy up front.

I'd have a thought a disgruintled or very careless player is a strong possibilty, but I googled a bit and found it's more common than I'd thought. At Brighton some of the ground staff were accused and sacked (appeal pending), at another club I read about a security man and his mum who was a cleaner at the club being accused (thought think that was more about alleged photographing documents about scouting targets/transfers).

Depends if team sheets get left lying around for others to see I suppose as well, think I saw on a forum that that was said about some leaks at Stoke last year.

Another possibility could be a relative of a player or member of staff?

The downside of discussing the team sheet early...
Let's see if I wrong but team as been confirmed today by someone very close to CW Same team as last week with mcburnie replacing mcgoldrick let's see if I'm wrong....... To be honest first time I've found out two days in advanced so I'm guessing very few impressed Tuesday night

Safe to assume the info is from the same source? Or a smokescreen.

The Watford game was crying for a number 10. However I don’t see Arsenal sitting back as they did. The flat 3 should be fine.

...And protect us against Auba 😬

Not Mcburnie for the love of god!
Think of the children!

I don’t think it is one of them but my overriding point is that he shouldn’t lead on as to what the team is until the day of the game, that way no fucker knows. You can still prepare for a game without the players knowing for definite who will be starting.
No you can’t. How do you do set pieces, for example?

Just guess. Fuck it.
‘OK, we’ve got McB picking up Luiz at corners. But I might not play him, it might be Sharpie. Bill, you alright picking up Luiz if you play?
Now we’re going to be using Didz to drop deep and take the ball from midfield. Or we we could just play Moose and hit balls over the top, either way, all good. Anyone fancy a quick pint. No not you Ollie’.

No you can’t. How do you do set pieces, for example?
Just guess. Fuck it.
‘OK, we’ve got McB picking up Luiz at corners. But I might not play him, it might be Sharpie. Bill, you alright picking up Luiz if you play?
Now we’re going to be using Didz to drop deep and take the ball from midfield. Or we we could just play Moose and hit balls over the top, either way, all good. Anyone fancy a quick pint. No not you Ollie’.
You can both be as sarcastic as you want but we don’t train against Luiz or you don’t always train for a specific way of playing an opposition team, on specific players playing alone, otherwise what happens when that player who you’ve prepared to play against doesn’t play?

In training you must use a whole host of scenarios and see who trains best and suits how we want to play, that way we can adapt to any scenario and no fucker knows who is a guaranteed starter.

Also, if you let the players know who is starting midweek then the ones who aren’t starting are barely going to be trying as they know they aren’t starting so they take their foot of the pedal and it doesn’t give the players who are starting a stern test in training.

You can name the team on the day and give instructions on the day, they’ve played football long enough to be able to take onboard instructions and follow them on the day of the game.

Back
Top Bottom