From Genk to Sheffield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sam Crow

Reaction score
Hello Sheffield fans!

I'm sorry, I didn't properly introduce myself on this message board because I didn't know I was supposed to.

I've registered myself on this forum to see how you guys reacted to the signing of Sander Berge. I'm a Genk fan and had the delight of seeing him in our jersey for three years.
Last year we became champions with him in a star role on our midfield in the play offs. He was injured for a long time, but got back into gameshape when we needed him most.

As most of you guys have seen already I'm a big fan of him as a player and as a person. Outstanding on the field and polite but correct off the field.

I'll continue to keep browsing this message board after games to see how he's done. I'm 100% sure he'll succeed and will only get better and better.

I don't know if you guys are interested in it but I could keep you updated about the things going on in the Belgian league, players to keep an eye out for and how Genk's doing. If not: no problem :)

Hope to be able to visit Sheffield someday and see Sander play. It's weird seeing him in red and white instead of blue and white though.

Cheers!

Hello Sheffield fans!

I'm sorry, I didn't properly introduce myself on this message board because I didn't know I was supposed to.

I've registered myself on this forum to see how you guys reacted to the signing of Sander Berge. I'm a Genk fan and had the delight of seeing him in our jersey for three years.
Last year we becamse champions with him in a star role on our midfield in the play offs. He was injured for a long time, but got back into gameshape when we needed him most.

As most of you guys have seen already I'm a big fan of him as a player and as a person. Outstanding on the field and polite but correct off the field.

I'll continue to keep browsing this message board after games to see how he's done. I'm 100% sure he'll succeed and will only get better and better.

I don't kno if you guys are interested in it but I could keep you updated about the things going on in the Belgian league, players to keep an eye out for and how Genk's doing. If not: no problem :)

Hope to be able to visit Sheffield someday and see Sander play. It's weird seeing him in red and white instead of blue and white though.

Cheers!

You're more than welcome on here buddy & the updates on the Belgian league will be well received.

Hello Sheffield fans!

Last year we became champions with him in a star role on our midfield in the play offs. He was injured for a long time, but got back into gameshape when we needed him most.

I don't know if you guys are interested in it but I could keep you updated about the things going on in the Belgian league, players to keep an eye out for and how Genk's doing. If not: no problem :)

Cheers!
Welcome. First things first...cut out the Blue n white shite and you will be fine 👍 UTB

Oh, should I change my avatar then? 🤔:D
Avatar will be ok. Just don't mention about being the blue and whites or about how massive you are in Belgium. Massive is a banned word unless taking the piss out of Wednesday.

Welcome! Berge had a good debut yesterday but seemed a bit overawed by the speed and stamina required in the premier league . Our fans gave him a heroes welcome which seemed to surprise him. He seemed quite emotional. Good luck to Genk for the rest of the season.

Hi pal,
And good on you!
Most players (with the exception of Walker and Maguire) that leave us while their careers are on the up are dead to me pretty quickly.

He seems a really nice young man though, and I'm sure that no matter how far his career takes him that he will always remember you extremely fondly. I know he's not what us Sheffielders like to say 'one of your own' but it's with you lads that he made his name, so I fully understand and appreciate you following his rise.

Do you follow the Belgian second division at all? Our owner is also chairman of Beerschot so if there's ever anything interesting going on with them I'd be keen to know. I noticed they're top of the second division at the minute so fingers crossed they might be joining you in the first division soon.

Sam Crow - Hi...I know he doesn't play for your side, but you will have a decent idea about him.

I fancy us signing Jonathan David at some point, what are your thoughts on him as a striker?

Welcome to the forum Sam Crow

Great introduction and I’d also be really interested in the Belgium league updates. Seems an interesting league nowadays

Hi pal,
And good on you!
Most players (with the exception of Walker and Maguire) that leave us while their careers are on the up are dead to me pretty quickly.

He seems a really nice young man though, and I'm sure that no matter how far his career takes him that he will always remember you extremely fondly. I know he's not what us Sheffielders like to say 'one of your own' but it's with you lads that he made his name, so I fully understand and appreciate you following his rise.

I understand what you're saying. Since we're a Belgian club we always see our best players leave (sometimes too soon, for them and for us) and the lot of them don't rally interest me anymore. But Berge is different. He'll be a worldclass player soon and he's got a good head too. Plus he was one of the keys of us becoming champions last year after too many years. :)

Do you follow the Belgian second division at all? Our owner is also chairman of Beerschot so if there's ever anything interesting going on with them I'd be keen to know. I noticed they're top of the second division at the minute so fingers crossed they might be joining you in the first division soon.

I used to, but the last couple of years I don't really follow them anymore. I think they have a good chance of rising up again since I think it's the last two years they just fell short? Not sure though.

Sam Crow - Hi...I know he doesn't play for your side, but you will have a decent idea about him.

I fancy us signing Jonathan David at some point, what are your thoughts on him as a striker?

One of the few real (but raw) talents in the Belgian league at this moment. The kid kinda has it all: speed, over average technique, scores easily,... Maybe lacks a little power in the duels sometimes, but he's still young. If I were in Sheffield, I'd sign him but put him on loan again in Gent or maybe a subteam in Germany or something. He needs more times to develop, but he's got potential for sure.

Hello Sheffield fans!

Cheers!
Sorry mate but Blue and White is an awful colour, especially stripes 😉. He didn't have a brilliant home debut but shows quality. He seems to have motivated the crap out of Lundstram. Going to be interesting watching those two compete for that mid spot. Despite having a slightly different game. Some lovely deft flicks and touches for a big lad.

Brave, strong, good vison and a nice touch but not sharp enough.

We all know England is a different pace, the Prem especially but to get up to our tempo it's going to take a few weeks.

He might have also lost his starting place, but it's a brilliant to have Besic and Lunny pushing him so hard.

Sorry mate but Blue and White is an awful colour, especially stripes 😉. He didn't have a brilliant home debut but shows quality. He seems to have motivated the crap out of Lundstram. Going to be interesting watching those two compete for that mid spot. Despite having a slightly different game. Some lovely deft flicks and touches for a big lad.

Our jerseys aren't striped! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom