Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But even Wilder says Coutts and Norwood "CANT PLAY TOGETHER", and anyone with eyes saw that against West Brom!, they just cancel eachother out, so, if Fleck is to be rested, then Lundstrum is the only real replacement, unless Norwood doesn't play.
It's not about giving anyone a chance in that sense, Smith should've had a chance on Friday.
Coutts, to get a chance, needs minutes, as I've said, and whilst Norwood is in good settle, Coutts chances are very limited.

Maybe your not watching the same as the rest of us??

So why aren't you lambasting CW for bringing Coutts on alongside Norwood if by his own admission they can't play together?!

Good players find ways to play together. Lack of familiarity in game time is probably more of a culprit than anything else. Again, only remedied by providing more game time.

So why aren't you lambasting CW for bringing Coutts on alongside Norwood if by his own admission they can't play together?!

Good players find ways to play together. Lack of familiarity in game time is probably more of a culprit than anything else. Again, only remedied by providing more game time.
He said it after the game!!
And to provide Coutts more game time, would mean dropping one of the current midfield, and he isn't fit or good enough at the moment.
Basically, Lundstrum is going to need to buck his ideas up, and fill in until a solution is worked out.

I thought they were too similar myself, Washington is faster obviously.

Clarke and Washington played 61 minutes together against Brum.
True, I forgot about that, apologies.
But I still would like them to play together more, Clarke and Brooks took time, but that started to work, especially at the sty!

What Freeman has to offer up front far out weighs what Boldock offers at the back

100% agree - this is a recurring theme about these two players - Baldock is a full back and Freeman is a wing back.

We've played with 3-5-2 since early L1 days.

If some of out fans don't like Freeman for whatever reason, that's fine and they should advocate an upgrade in that position. Thinking Baldock can play that position and prosper is just bonkers. Baldock isn't a bad player by any means - but he is a full back - there's a massive difference, especially to how United play the 3-5-2 formation.

UTB

I’m a big Freeman fan. Think he’s looked jaded but it’ll be good to have him back after Christmas. He adds so much to us.

That said I don’t mind Baldock either, especially away from home.

He said it after the game!!
And to provide Coutts more game time, would mean dropping one of the current midfield, and he isn't fit or good enough at the moment.
Basically, Lundstrum is going to need to buck his ideas up, and fill in until a solution is worked out.

Yet Lundstram can't play alongside anyone!

What a situation to be in that Lundstram is now preferred over Coutts. Why can't we move Norwood into the Fleck position given that he's a good pedigree for shooting from range?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lunny play v Ipswich on Saturday in a similar situation to the last 2 away games v Brentford and Reading. Perhaps CW sees it as good use of the squad against less able teams (and yes, Brentford are now less able as their results show).

CW doesn't play Lundstram in what is recognised as our A team, which is the same as what a lot of our fans agree with.

He's a decent footballer - but not one who will play 40 games and enable us to finish in the top 6 in the same way that Baldock won't - whereas the thread title of Freeman might.

UTB

What a situation to be in that Lundstram is now preferred over Coutts. Why can't we move Norwood into the Fleck position given that he's a good pedigree for shooting from range?
And put Fleck in Norwoods position??
Because as Wilder clearly said, "Norwood and Coutts can't play together", unless obviously, you know better than wilder??
Which leaves Lundstrum as our only other option, it's not really rocket science is it.

When did Wilder actually say they can't play together? Wasn't it said tongue in cheek?

Baldock is so close to being BRILLIANT!

He gives stupid fouls away though, switches off at important times when he's defending and wastes so many crossing opportunities.

He's got an ever reliable attitude but his performances are so hit and miss.

Baldock is so close to being BRILLIANT!

He gives stupid fouls away though, switches off at important times when he's defending and wastes so many crossing opportunities.

He's got an ever reliable attitude but his performances are so hit and miss.

He's got a bit of pace, a few tricks, good defender, can keep a shot down, but he just doesn't cross. I can't work out why.

He puts a few in the box from the spaces he gets into, there are goals there.

If he does that and becomes 20% less fiesty he'd be attracting offers from higher up I think personally.

When did Wilder actually say they can't play together? Wasn't it said tongue in cheek?

I don’t think it was exactly those words, but it was very much a genuine comment in the context of midfield combinations. He said he tried Norwood and Coutts together at Forest and it didn’t really work, they both seemed to occupy the same space. He didn’t say they could never play together, but it’s noticable since then that Lundstram has started instead of Coutts since that game whenever we’ve changed the midfield.

When we beat Wednesday 2-4 Wilder brought Lundstram on for Brooks and left Clarke up front on his own.

I'd like to see this more often as it may help us keep hold of the ball better late on in games, something that we're terrible at.

And put Fleck in Norwoods position??
Because as Wilder clearly said, "Norwood and Coutts can't play together", unless obviously, you know better than wilder??
Which leaves Lundstrum as our only other option, it's not really rocket science is it.

Obviously I was talking about the scenario whereby Fleck had been dropped from the team and Coutts had come in - the exact thing that sparked our discussion!

I thought it was because I said "Coutts and Norwood cancelled each other out", and said the same thing as most saw and Wilder also said, "Norwood and Coutts can't play together"? You brought Fleck up, and no matter who gets "dropped", Lundstrum is a better option than Coutts next to Norwood.
If Coutts gets back to where he was somehow, then great, I don't think he will, but I hope he does, then Norwoods place becomes a challenged position, which would be fantastic, but, there's a lot of buts and if's, so let's see what happens.

Whatever the problem with Freeman’s form was before he was dropped, it seems a bit strange that he’s not even making the bench. I can’t even recall Wilder mentioning him in an interview but he’s played for the U23’s.

All a bit of a mystery really, getting his first full international cap seems to have coincided with it all going belly up for him.

Whatever the problem with Freeman’s form was before he was dropped, it seems a bit strange that he’s not even making the bench. I can’t even recall Wilder mentioning him in an interview but he’s played for the U23’s.

All a bit of a mystery really, getting his first full international cap seems to have coincided with it all going belly up for him.

yeah maybe him and Lunny heading out in January

Definitely would keep Freeman as long as we’re in the Championship. He made an impact having him back in the team earlier in the season, and could well be called upon again if Baldock picks up a knock or performances drop. 2/3 months ago he was regarded as first choice until his dip in form, could be first choice again in another 2/3 months.

Definitely would keep Freeman as long as we’re in the Championship. He made an impact having him back in the team earlier in the season, and could well be called upon again if Baldock picks up a knock or performances drop. 2/3 months ago he was regarded as first choice until his dip in form, could be first choice again in another 2/3 months.

Agreed. He has been up and down of late and his defending has always been a bit suspext but on his day he is very good in attack. He can't half put a decent cross in as well.
Baldock is a more consistent player and absolutely has the shirt but unless we bring in another quality RWB then Freeman is going nowhere.
That being said Bash can still do a job there if pushed.

Agreed. He has been up and down of late and his defending has always been a bit suspext but on his day he is very good in attack. He can't half put a decent cross in as well.
Baldock is a more consistent player and absolutely has the shirt but unless we bring in another quality RWB then Freeman is going nowhere.
That being said Bash can still do a job there if pushed.
Nice use of an 'X', loving that;)

fr.JPG

This the result of the last time we had a poll - and the result for a very good reason. Freeman was producing the goods, primarily at the top of the pitch.

Baldock has now stepped up his game and deservedly has the shirt.

The question now is can freeman get properly fit and can he then step it up again if the chance arises.

Competition is what it's all about - Billy has had to do since last season, so are others (Stevens, Bash) and it's part of the reason why we are in 2nd place.

We aren't over achieving, we are achieving what the players are capable of - it's called great coaching and great management.

UTB

I don't think Coutts will ever be the same player again

I think Coutts is the same player now as when we first signed him. Similar circumstances. Coming back from a long term injury. The only difference is that back then, most of our fans were screaming for his head, saying he was crap. They couldn't see the good footballer in there and appreciate that he was recovering from a long term injury and it would take time. Now most of our fans are screaming for him to be picked, saying that he's brilliant. They still cannot see that he's a good footballer but is recovering from a long term injury and it will take time.

Back
Top Bottom