Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder saying some were lucky to start today, im inclined to agree

They're burnt out, this full on pressing football takes it's toll, and the knock on effects from internationals are now being felt!
And what's happened to Lafferty!??

honestly, what has happened to Freeman.

He was great earlier and disappeared at the same time as Clarke

plenty of Clarke updates, but nothing on Freeman

Time for a rejuvenated Freeman IMHO. Baldock not playing half as well as he was last season. his final balls are not as effective into the danger areas as Freeman

No

I’m sure the 12 minutes Freeman played for Wales has absolutely knackered him!
Possibly, I'd also factor in the games he's played for United, the travelling, and the fact that form takes a hit every now n then, but I know Journalists have their own opinions.....

honestly, what has happened to Freeman.

He was great earlier and disappeared at the same time as Clarke

plenty of Clarke updates, but nothing on Freeman

He's just playing crap this season. It's either loss of form or he's not up to it at this level.

I think it's a bit of the latter, his defensive ability leaves a lot to be desired. Having said that, his forward play isn't half bad and I would take a punt on him as an alternative to Fleck.

Possibly, I'd also factor in the games he's played for United, the travelling, and the fact that form takes a hit every now n then, but I know Journalists have their own opinions.....
Just as fans do....

No

I’m sure the 12 minutes Freeman played for Wales has absolutely knackered him!

That's .... odd. There must be something behind this. I know Freeman offers less off the bench than a player like Cranie, who can fill multiple spots, but you often make exceptions for important players.

There is some serious bull$#!t spoken on here in my opinion. Freeman has a dip in form so we should sell him? Fleck is off the boil so he’s crap and not worth the shirt? Norwood is a liability? All the above is paraphrasing by the way but really? Come on get a grip. These are all players who, in their own way have made huge contributions to the ethos of how United play and how successful we have become. Yes, you read that right.....successful. If Norwood hadn’t come in and done what he has, where do you think we would be right now in the league? Both Freeman and Fleck have earned the opportunity to get back to form in my book. Coutts by the way, doesn’t yet look the player before his injury but hey, let’s still drop Norwood or even get rid?! Unbelievable Geoff!

There is some serious bull$#!t spoken on here in my opinion. Freeman has a dip in form so we should sell him? Fleck is off the boil so he’s crap and not worth the shirt? Norwood is a liability? All the above is paraphrasing by the way but really? Come on get a grip. These are all players who, in their own way have made huge contributions to the ethos of how United play and how successful we have become. Yes, you read that right.....successful. If Norwood hadn’t come in and done what he has, where do you think we would be right now in the league? Both Freeman and Fleck have earned the opportunity to get back to form in my book. Coutts by the way, doesn’t yet look the player before his injury but hey, let’s still drop Norwood or even get rid?! Unbelievable Geoff!

Completely agree.

Once Coutts is fully fit (and that may be a way off, I grant you), I would drop Norwood. Certainly on current form. If he plays like he did up to and including the Villa game more regularly, than fair enough. But since then he's had more bad games that good and doesn't keep us ticking over like Coutts does. And today he a complete liability in a way I don't remember Coutts being since Wilder took over.

You’d drop Norwood , what our best midfielder by a mile yeah great idea

It’s remarkable that the solution to Coutts not looking ready yet is to just play him even more and blindingly hope something clicks, and to drop one of our brightest players so far this season in the process.

As for Freeman, there was undeniably a drop in form, though as per usual this was blown out of proportion at the time and even in his dip he still contributed. In classic United fan mentality, the ability of the player out of the team was simultaneously overstated, and we’re left in a position of Baldock predictably not offering quite as much going forward, and not being as substantially better in defence as those pushing for his return would have had you believe.

I don't think Coutts will ever be the same player again

I don't think Coutts will ever be the same player again

I'm dreading that too. All I'd say is that he's clearly not match fit and I think this is having a knock-on effect in confidence. It's always hard when someone comes back from a long lay-off mid-season. It might not be until next season, with a full pre-season under his belt, that we see Coutts getting closer to where he was.

I'm dreading that too. All I'd say is that he's clearly not match fit and I think this is having a knock-on effect in confidence. It's always hard when someone comes back from a long lay-off mid-season. It might not be until next season, with a full pre-season under his belt, that we see Coutts getting closer to where he was.
The thing is, Coutts needs to play, and that would mean ousting Norwood from the midfield, as Coutts and Norwood cancelled each other out the other night, and I can't see how they can play together??
If Coutts was back playing every week, fair enough, playing a bit part until Norwood suffers an injury isn't going to do it.
And when he does get a chance, is he close enough to take it???

And you think he will????

Give him a chance - the odd few minutes here and there aren't exactly going to get him back up to speed. Rest Fleck against Ipswich away (he's certainly due one owing to his recent poor form) and bring Coutts in and perhaps he can start making more progress.

The thing is, Coutts needs to play, and that would mean ousting Norwood from the midfield, as Coutts and Norwood cancelled each other out the other night, and I can't see how they can play together??
If Coutts was back playing every week, fair enough, playing a bit part until Norwood suffers an injury isn't going to do it.
And when he does get a chance, is he close enough to take it???

Oddly it was Wilder who admitted they couldn't play together.

The West Brom match highlighted the lack of depth in our squad. We have nothing to offer from the bench that will change a game unless Duffy is there.

Give him a chance - the odd few minutes here and there aren't exactly going to get him back up to speed. Rest Fleck against Ipswich away (he's certainly due one owing to his recent poor form) and bring Coutts in and perhaps he can start making more progress.

Bringing Coutts on for Fleck was a mistake against West Brom. Coutts was off the pace and he went back to playing his old role, which is now Norwood's. I don't know what he or Norwood was told but it didn't work. I'd play Lundstram over Coutts if we're taking Fleck out of the team. Coutts needs to build fitness but he also needs to build confidence, so I'd only play him in his old role right now. And that only happens if Norwood gets a knock or needs a rest, because he's one of our best players currently.

Oddly it was Wilder who admitted they couldn't play together.

The West Brom match highlighted the lack of depth in our squad. We have nothing to offer from the bench that will change a game unless Duffy is there.
That's why we should be starting Mcgoldrick and Washington, and bringing Duffy on second half for one or the other.
I'm still hoping we see more of Washington and Clarke together, I think there's something in that pairing.

But even Wilder says Coutts and Norwood "CANT PLAY TOGETHER", and anyone with eyes saw that against West Brom!, they just cancel eachother out, so, if Fleck is to be rested, then Lundstrum is the only real replacement, unless Norwood doesn't play.
It's not about giving anyone a chance in that sense, Smith should've had a chance on Friday.
Coutts, to get a chance, needs minutes, as I've said, and whilst Norwood is in good settle, Coutts chances are very limited.

Maybe your not watching the same as the rest of us??

That's why we should be starting Mcgoldrick and Washington, and bringing Duffy on second half for one or the other.
I'm still hoping we see more of Washington and Clarke together, I think there's something in that pairing.
2 goals between them all season.

I can see how you would come to that conclusion ;)

UTB

Baldock has been pretty invisible since coming back in but at least he's not cost us a goal every game like Freeman was.

2 goals between them all season.

I can see how you would come to that conclusion ;)

UTB
But only played together for 16mins and 1 goal. That statistic kinda changes that idea don't you think?

But only played together for 16mins and 1 goal. That statistic kinda changes that idea don't you think?
Not a jot.

Clarke has been gash all season. Washington does offer us the “in behind” option but doesn’t appear to be able to finish his dinner.

Someone HAS to put the ball in the net.

Which means, unless reinforcements arrive, it’s Sharp + 1 for the most part.

UTB

I thought they were too similar myself, Washington is faster obviously.

Clarke and Washington played 61 minutes together against Brum.

You’d drop Norwood , what our best midfielder by a mile yeah great idea

Well these days I might drop Fleck instead. Coutts as was is a better player than either. I doubt he'd have been as careless on the edge of his own box as Norwood was on Friday night, and if he were he wouldn't have let it get to his head like that.

Back
Top Bottom