Player Suggestion Freddie Woodman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
23 year old keeper at Swansea on loan from Newcastle.

Very highly rated and has played for England and all youth levels from U16s. He's an U17 European Champion and an U20 World Champion.

Having a decent year at Swansea in the Championship and he's been flying up the leagues on loan.

Will certainly be available, even if on loan, as Dubravka is a clear #1 at Newcastle. We'll be an attractive place to loan a keeper with our development of Henderson in high profile.

Not sure we want a keeper deemed not good enough for the first team of a side below us? If he's good they arent going to sell him and we definitely don't want to be grooming another keeper for a team no better than us.

If Hendo isn't coming back its someone like Ramsdale or one of the Turkish internationals on a permanent for me...not another loan

23 year old keeper at Swansea on loan from Newcastle.

Very highly rated and has played for England and all youth levels from U16s. He's an U17 European Champion and an U20 World Champion.

Having a decent year at Swansea in the Championship and he's been flying up the leagues on loan.

Will certainly be available, even if on loan, as Dubravka is a clear #1 at Newcastle. We'll be an attractive place to loan a keeper with our development of Henderson in high profile.

Woodman has a year left on his contract. If he doesn't agree a new deal Newcastle would surely sell rather than loan.

I really don't see why we shouldn't be looking at this lad. He deffo wont be play for Newcastle any time in the future. Good young keeper. Buy him for a low fee as Newcastle aren't skin for a few mill. Get him as one of our own

I can't see the player wanting to come to play for us. 1. We probably couldn't afford the transfer fee 2. He would have to take a pay cut. 3. He'd be joining an average team at best. 4. With no real investment from the owners.

I can't see the player wanting to come to play for us. 1. We probably couldn't afford the transfer fee 2. He would have to take a pay cut. 3. He'd be joining an average team at best. 4. With no real investment from the owners.
5. He would have a future playing which, if he is good, would give him the platform for a Premiership club number 1( or get promoted with us?)

Don't bother, just stick with Eastwood on the bench. United won't go down this season, why waste more wages on a reserve?

Is he actually any good?

I had to pinch myself earlier when I was thinking of him as an option?

Do I like Freddie Woodman because I've seen him lots and think he would be a good player for us or do I just like the idea of Freddie Woodman?

Went to Swansea, who had a decent season, seems to get decent press, played or plays for England at a certain level and the last one which had a similar profile, Henderson, was great.

Therefore he'll be great.

I just wonder if a few of us might be guilty of joined up thinking here only to end up disappointed. We probably created similar hopes for Olsen.

I read on Twitter, whilst taking a break from interacting with all round good egg and Media superstar that is YorkBlade 😉 a comment from a Swansea fan.

He'd be far more informed than I and he mentioned that they were very defensive minded under Steve Cooper and this coupled with a very good defence did exaggerate his numbers somewhat. He also mentioned his distribution wasn't the best either.

Just thought I'd mention because most I'd say have a generally positive view of him when he gets mentioned though maybe he isn't all that?

Don't bother, just stick with Eastwood on the bench. United won't go down this season, why waste more wages on a reserve?
And if Wes gets injured? An injury-prone Eastwood and Dewhurst as our keepers?

Is he actually any good?

I had to pinch myself earlier when I was thinking of him as an option?

Do I like Freddie Woodman because I've seen him lots and think he would be a good player for us or do I just like the idea of Freddie Woodman?

Went to Swansea, who had a decent season, seems to get decent press, played or plays for England at a certain level and the last one which had a similar profile, Henderson, was great.

Therefore he'll be great.

I just wonder if a few of us might be guilty of joined up thinking here only to end up disappointed. We probably created similar hopes for Olsen.

I read on Twitter, whilst taking a break from interacting with all round good egg and Media superstar that is YorkBlade 😉 a comment from a Swansea fan.

He'd be far more informed than I and he mentioned that they were very defensive minded under Steve Cooper and this coupled with a very good defence did exaggerate his numbers somewhat. He also mentioned his distribution wasn't the best either.

Just thought I'd mention because most I'd say have a generally positive view of him when he gets mentioned though maybe he isn't all that?
He's no Hendo but he'll be a top Championship/lower Premier League keeper in the future.

He's has 2 full Championship seasons behind him. Second ended up in a play-off final.

He's realistically not starting for Newcastle. Second or even third in the pecking order and they're bound to buy someone. I doubt another EPL club would come in for him but at that age he needs to be playing. He must want to play regularly.

We're hardly a super sexy team but we were one of the favourites to go up and our last two first choice keepers signed for Arsenal and Villa!

Newcastle after Leno is well from Arsenal. That’ll put him behind Dúbravka, Leno and Darlow if so.

I really don't see why we shouldn't be looking at this lad. He deffo wont be play for Newcastle any time in the future. Good young keeper. Buy him for a low fee as Newcastle aren't skin for a few mill. Get him as one of our own

Because Newcastle are now minted they will sell players for peanuts?

Back
Top Bottom