Incoming? Franck Ribery

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Its obviously a completely bat shit rumour, but why are actually journalists in Germany etc reporting on it. It makes no sense.

I had someone in Portugal trying to sell me some advertising, saying he was reading in their papers that we were in for Mitrovic and Ribéry.

One for the lady season ticket holders now we're Premier League

All this time with all players we have been linked to and some have said wages can be a problem then we get linked to Ribery 🤣

Talk sport are covering this on hawkesby and jacobs

It’s just been mentioned ‘Blades in for Riberry”, on Talksport on the Hawksby and Jacobs show.
Andy Jacobs said it’s our biggest transfer target since the Maradona interest back in the late 70’s.

They have said they are going to go to Sheffield later to get to the bottom of these reports.
I’ll report back what they find out.

I don’t suppose we’ve ever been in for Ribery...but those who stand a decent chance of signing him are now aware of his availability. 😜

It’s just been mentioned ‘Blades in for Riberry”, on Talksport on the Hawksby and Jacobs show.
Andy Jacobs said it’s our biggest transfer target since the Maradona interest back in the late 70’s.

They have said they are going to go to Sheffield later to get to the bottom of these reports.
I’ll report back what they find out.

Can't see it been true but its fun to be linked nevertheless! I'd rather us sign someone younger, to be honest, that can improve with us like Watkins

A signing like Ribery would put bums on seats and would generate huge interest I dare say.

Shirt sales and other commercial deals I dare say would more than pay his wages and also help us attract a better quality of player through the door too.

We are going to receive plenty of knock backs from players wanting to play for bigger clubs, goes with the territory I'm afraid. Could we afford Ribery?, no, so ridiculous rumour in the first place.

A signing like Ribery would put bums on seats and would generate huge interest I dare say.

Shirt sales and other commercial deals I dare say would more than pay his wages and also help us attract a better quality of player through the door too.
The bums are on the seats irrespective of him signing or not.

Perhaps we're also about to find out we're interested in that Buffon lad in goal ! And the dirty shite Ramos for when we play Liverpool.

I know the above is a general cliche applied to any big signing but I don’t think it applies here.

Season tickets haven’t even been available to buy since we gained promotion and we’ve still hit record sales.
It looks like the ground will be sold out next season, with a struggle to get tickets, no matter who we buy.
Shirt sales will no doubt hit record numbers, no matter who we buy.

Financially don’t think any Riberry signing would bring in much income.
However it would raise our reputation and be a statement of intent/ ambition.

True. It could well be the biggest commercial deal since we signed Hao Haidong.

This.

Not that I think we have a cat in hell's chance of signing him but just for the commercial interest he would bring in and the fact we could use him to tempt other players to join us. Could also bring his mates over once they get bored of winning the Bundesliga every season.

Back
Top Bottom