Forum Football (4, 5, 6 or 7-a-side) - Sunday 20th October

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will you be playing?

• Total voters

FatPaul

Reaction score
For any new members, we try and get a game of football on every week - as long as we can get a minimum of 8 people confirming for definite by early Saturday evening, the game goes ahead.

It's a friendly kick around for a couple of hours open to anyone who wants to turn up, regardless of skill, age or fitness... do feel free to bring a mate. The main aim is to have a laugh.

Venue: Goals, 95 Norfolk Park Road, S2 2RU

Time: 10:00 Sunday

Cost: The cost of the pitch (at the moment £39.00) is shared equally between players - between £2 - £3 each depending on how many turn up - UPDATE: Will be cheaper if poss, as we've occasionally managed to bag the pitch at £20.00

What you need: Trainers, moulded or astro-turf boots. No studs. Shinpads optional.

Please yey or nay in the poll above... you can change your vote if your availability changes

Well this isn't looking good is it?

If anyone is interested in making sure it's a more regular thing we could maybe look at a different way or organising and getting more people involved, rather than relying on people seeing the forum post?

If anyone is interested in making sure it's a more regular thing we could maybe look at a different way or organising and getting more people involved, rather than relying on people seeing the forum post?

Was going to look at that and also potentially open up to different days/times...

My 'problem' at the moment, is I've got regular 7-a-side and 11-a-side as it stands, so if I can guarantee a Sunday morning/dinner 11s weeks in advance, I'm not going to hang on for a last minute decision Saturday night/Sunday morning as much as I'd like to.

Personally I'd be open to other times depending on the day/time. For example if we moved it to a Monday evening I could name 2 extra players that would come most weeks without having to ask around.

"Sunday morning" is the 1 thing that stops everyone I knew being interested, but that's partly due to everyone I know working in bars/clubs and obviously working late Saturday night

Weve already tried the poll for forum footy, and all that happened was the limited pool of players got watered down over the options.

I dunno what puts people off - I think people generally would rather get rat-arsed on a saturday evening 😕

I'm open to playing any day really, but ideally could do with not being too late. A 7PM start or earlier suits me any day of the week.

When the Blades fixture is arsed up alot with tv now we're big time charlies (as this monday V arsenal) why not get footy forum on the saturday at some point or even a friday evening?
Will wait till last minute to see if we're a go this week

Lads I don’t know how to send private messages on here but if anyone is ever free on either a Monday or Thursday and fancies a game now and again then get in touch.

Lads I don’t know how to send private messages on here but if anyone is ever free on either a Monday or Thursday and fancies a game now and again then get in touch.

Birdwell Blade I've just tried to send you a private message but couldn't as your profile limits who can see your info/message you - but I'd be interested in playing mondays!

Is it off tomorrow? If anyone else is interested in Monday’s/Thursdays send me a message.

Also, if you lads want to get shit organised properly for a Sunday morning, then I’m happy to take the lead. My kids don’t play Sunday’s any more so as of tomorrow I can make Sunday’s. However like someone above mentioned, it’s no good finding out on a Sat night/Sun morning and having to check the forum. If there’s a way of getting everyone’s numbers I’m happy to sort out a group message on WhatsApp or whatever and organise things? Foxy any advice on how to get everyone’s details etc?

Also, if you lads want to get shit organised properly for a Sunday morning, then I’m happy to take the lead. My kids don’t play Sunday’s any more so as of tomorrow I can make Sunday’s. However like someone above mentioned, it’s no good finding out on a Sat night/Sun morning and having to check the forum. If there’s a way of getting everyone’s numbers I’m happy to sort out a group message on WhatsApp or whatever and organise things? Foxy any advice on how to get everyone’s details etc?

I think the best thing to do would be a new idea on people's available days and take it from there... I currently play on a Tues night, Friday night and some Sundays (11-a-side). I can't add another... But happy to switch one IF its guarenteed numbers, also happy to organise... But not of its just chasing people Sat night/Sun morning.

If people wanna PM me numbers, we can set up a group.

I think the best thing to do would be a new idea on people's available days and take it from there... I currently play on a Tues night, Friday night and some Sundays (11-a-side). I can't add another... But happy to switch one IF its guarenteed numbers, also happy to organise... But not of its just chasing people Sat night/Sun morning.

If people wanna PM me numbers, I can set up a group.
Ok well whatever everyone thinks. The way we do it on a Monday works well, we play down at goals (£60+ an hour mind) and have a pool of players who get the text each week. The first text goes out to the ten who played the previous week so they get first dibs, if we are short, the text then gets sent to the rest of the pool of players and it’s first come, first in. If we ever end up short of ten, we cancel (because it’s shit with less, but that’s rare anyway, usually in summer holidays), and we never take more than 10 because people don’t like it with too many or stood waiting for someone to be knackered.
We have a really good game, bloke who organises it picks the teams as he knows who is who and tried to balance it out. It’s all about a bit of fitness but we put in plenty of effort and enjoy it at the same time.

Ok well whatever everyone thinks. The way we do it on a Monday works well, we play down at goals (£60+ an hour mind) and have a pool of players who get the text each week. The first text goes out to the ten who played the previous week so they get first dibs, if we are short, the text then gets sent to the rest of the pool of players and it’s first come, first in. If we ever end up short of ten, we cancel (because it’s shit with less, but that’s rare anyway, usually in summer holidays), and we never take more than 10 because people don’t like it with too many or stood waiting for someone to be knackered.
We have a really good game, bloke who organises it picks the teams as he knows who is who and tried to balance it out. It’s all about a bit of fitness but we put in plenty of effort and enjoy it at the same time.

What about football gangmasters passing others the texts?

The good thing about a Sunday morning is, it’s cheap, and a lot of us probably used to play Sunday mornings in our younger days. The bad thing is, most of us go home and often away, and like a beer on a Saturday, so what I’d suggest is organising it on a Friday to get 10 definites in. I’d keep it to Sunday mornings as it stands, but if anyone has a better suggestion then feel free.

Foxy, once you’ve finished shite-housing me, let me know how I can get everyone’s numbers and see how many are interested. We all know you’re not interested now you’re in your big league crew on a Sunday morning but help would be appreciated. And once they fuck you off you’ll come crawling back.

My 5-a-side team which normally plays on a Tuesday night is dying a death. I’m looking for a Team to join on to. I’m absolutely shit at football but I’m desperate for a run around if you guys get this thing going again. Just not a Sunday morning eh?! 😜

Back
Top Bottom