Football Town - The Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Porirua-Blade

Reaction score
Anyone else look around for Blades related clothes since we went up? An online company called Football Town make shirts with "suspiciously similar" logos to many big football clubs from around the world - just seen this one come up in their "Coming Soon" section! I'm a bit old to get away with casually wearing an SUFC shirt out, and I live in New Zealand so don't really get any opportunities to get down t' Lane :)

1580263420663.png
https://footballtown.com/collections/coming-soon/products/the-blades

I'll admit it - i've only seen this company through an ad on instragram, so don't really know much about them, but I like the look of the shirt! Been looking at this company since we went up waiting to see if they did one for us.

Thoughts?

UTB

This one is pretty good as well.

sharp-10-ringer-shirt_1024x1024.jpg

Anyone else look around for Blades related clothes since we went up? An online company called Football Town make shirts with "suspiciously similar" logos to many big football clubs from around the world - just seen this one come up in their "Coming Soon" section! I'm a bit old to get away with casually wearing an SUFC shirt out, and I live in New Zealand so don't really get any opportunities to get down t' Lane :)

View attachment 69706
https://footballtown.com/collections/coming-soon/products/the-blades

I'll admit it - i've only seen this company through an ad on instragram, so don't really know much about them, but I like the look of the shirt! Been looking at this company since we went up waiting to see if they did one for us.

Thoughts?

UTB
Say it very quietly..... But I love it.

Not sure how these kind of companies get around trademark laws unless they pay some kind of license fee to the club?

Not sure how these kind of companies get around trademark laws unless they pay some kind of license fee to the club?

Being in the PL, there are agencies who work on policing it more stringently too.

Yeah, I'm no expert. I can say I've been looking at their site since the start of the season, and they have the majority of the Prem, and many of the big European teams too.

Maybe they get away by being just about generic enough to avoid copyright?

It would be nice if the club shop could sell arange of t shirts, other than those being offered by Adidas. I find the range of t shirts quite disappointing and the children's section is very limited.
Thought maybe once we were in the Prem that the range would increase....obviously not.

It would be nice if the club shop could sell arange of t shirts, other than those being offered by Adidas. I find the range of t shirts quite disappointing and the children's section is very limited.
Thought maybe once we were in the Prem that the range would increase....obviously not.

I'd try on a larger size mate ;)

This one is pretty good as well.

View attachment 69707

Buy it today and you know he'll sign for Leeds/Forest tomorrow

Maybe there’s something in the Adidas contract that means they’re not allowed but have you asked them? I’m sure they’re happy to get feedback.

Fair enough! NZ$85 (plus shipping) puts its a good $40 (£20) cheaper than the price of a football jersey here! NZ prices hurt my bank account!!
Your becoming Kiwi- used mate with ya Jersey😉It's a chuffin shirt lad😃. You'll be referring to studs as sprigs next. Choice bro😁

Your becoming Kiwi- used mate with ya Jersey😉It's a chuffin shirt lad😃. You'll be referring to studs as sprigs next. Choice bro😁
Don't tell anyone, but I was born in NZ - inherited the Blades through my Sheffield-born dad. I even play rugby and everything (at 6'5", 110kg the rugby coaches tend to be pretty persuasive about your sport of choice!! 🤣).
Chur bro!

Great to see a far flung love for the Blades Porirua-Blade . I have been to NZ few times with work and try to spread the word. Our office is in Napier and I have family in Dunedin and Omaru. I have bought the kids Blades shirts to try and indoctrinate them early.

My cousins kids went to watch England when they toured there and and met Joe Root, who they said wasn't that friendly. I told them if they had worn a Blades shirt they would have got a very different reception!

For those who haven't been it's surprising how big football is in NZ, rugby is obviously the sport but football seems to be growing pretty quickly.

Don't tell anyone, but I was born in NZ - inherited the Blades through my Sheffield-born dad. I even play rugby and everything (at 6'5", 110kg the rugby coaches tend to be pretty persuasive about your sport of choice!! 🤣).
Chur bro!
Nice one cuz😉Do you come over?

Chur bro!
Remind me never to upset you lol

Nice one cuz😉Do you come over?
Yeah I have been over a fair few times, family weddings etc. mostly. Lucky enough to have been to the Lane a few times when I've been over (also a few away games - I remember a frozen night match at Walsall, and an afternoon match at Crystal Palace both when I was about 10, so 20ish years ago).

Had a collection of hand me down Blades shirts from my older cousins when I was a kid too - the yellow/purple quartered one, the classy blue/green/purple one were the stand outs! No one in NZ had a clue who the Blades were though haha

Yeah I have been over a fair few times, family weddings etc. mostly. Lucky enough to have been to the Lane a few times when I've been over (also a few away games - I remember a frozen night match at Walsall, and an afternoon match at Crystal Palace both when I was about 10, so 20ish years ago).

Had a collection of hand me down Blades shirts from my older cousins when I was a kid too - the yellow/purple quartered one, the classy blue/green/purple one were the stand outs! No one in NZ had a clue who the Blades were though haha
When I was over in NZ I told everyone about Sheffield and the Blades. Not a lot of interest in football back then though, especially on the south island. Hopefully you'll find s few more exiled blades over there.

Back
Top Bottom