Football in a Library

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know it's all about opinions, but how come we've got one thread going about the Lane being the best atmosphere in the country, and another about it being a library? Are all other grounds like morgues? Or have libraries got noisier?

Being voted the best is explained by us being on a constant high for a while now and the low standards being set at other grounds.

I won't quite say it's a library but it's certainly not as good as it should be all things considered. We have no excuse.

I'd rather the atmosphere be genuinely good than just being the best of a bad bunch.

I thought the atmosphere was brilliant yesterday, the coutts song going on and on was noisy, i sit on kop 2/3 way up 10 seats in from corner and people sing all the game,

Ipswich & Reading games have been dire atmospheres especially in G & H blocks, first few home games the fans were awesome but now seem to have gone very quiet and becoming expectant. Get behind the boys and drive them through the nervy times like today. FFS we have only just come up - teams are gonna have stages in games were we are on the back foot and it’s up to us to help them through it not winge & moan, come on you red & white wizards
Its a good job you were'nt posting while Adkins was in charge,they were dark days with darker atmosphere's,the Reading and Ipswich atmospheres were like Rio carnivals in comparison.

Thought it was excellent on the Kop yesterday. Me and the Missus "sit" near the back and it was constant chanting. Struggling to speak today and my ears are ringing. :)

Ipswich & Reading games have been dire atmospheres especially in G & H blocks, first few home games the fans were awesome but now seem to have gone very quiet and becoming expectant. Get behind the boys and drive them through the nervy times like today. FFS we have only just come up - teams are gonna have stages in games were we are on the back foot and it’s up to us to help them through it not winge & moan, come on you red & white wizards
We're all mesmerized by the stunning football on the pitch to be bothered what the crowds doing.

Can confirm the atmosphere was perfect at the back of the Bramall Lane Stand.

I breathed in and out constantly throughout the 95 minutes and am still alive. It must have had just the right amount of oxygen at the right pressure, & presumably the other usual constituent gases in the correct proportions to propogate life on earth. No mean feat considering it was full of water blown horizontally throughout the match.

Yet again, congratulations go out to Mr. Wilder and the board for this.

Bout fucking time. Not had a proper "shit atmosphere" thread for a while.

Here's a bit of advice (you're quite welcome it is free). Watch, and enjoy, what's happening out there on the pitch. Fuck all else matters. We've had years of shit, we're in quite unprecedented times as far as our performances are concerned, try and enjoy it and not be looking for a fucking moan about nowt!

Why is this the standard response every time someone criticises the atmosphere?

We are joint 2nd, in my opinion the vocal support, home and away, isn't reflecting this. That doesn't make me a Wednesday fan.

Probably because the phrase used was "Ipswich & Reading games have been dire atmospheres", which is quite frankly not true. Over exaggeration is a pig trait we are all familiar with. Personally, don't know if it's a pork comment or not, too stupid for me to analyse.

Why is this the standard response every time someone criticises the atmosphere?

We are joint 2nd, in my opinion the vocal support, home and away, isn't reflecting this. That doesn't make me a Wednesday fan.

At the moment there is nothing at all to moan about but that is not god enough for some people and they have to make up stories of poor atmosphere and support maybe if it is a bit quiet at times that is due to the almost total domination of teams that visit the lane. Get a team who make a game of it and the noise levels will go up this has always been the case and will always be the case, to be honest I think your moaning is pathetic and rather sad.

Back
Top Bottom