Football Heaven.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I agree but if we were playing any team, even at home, we’d be on tonight.

We wouldn't. It's the away team first pick. Especially between us and pigs. More fans go to home games so the away team gets preference.

If it’s that big a game they should be at the game itself.
the guy said he 'had a hamstring' which prevented him from going, after the 'arse' comment I think I would've dwelt on this reply somewhat before booting the man off.

Don't know if I've just heard him properly but the chap what's presenting the show tonight as just been talking to a Rotherham fan, who asked why there not on the Radio tonight instead of Wednesday and he replied because the Wednesday we're the biggest club on our patch. Seems Radio Sheffield have finally nailed there colours to the mast. Wankers!
P
Ffs a Childish misdemeanour

True but for Rotherham it is first v second in their division.

That said Radio Sheffield rarely give much coverage to local teams once they drop out of the Championship.
We are a local team and we got lots on Div 1

True but for Rotherham it is first v second in their division.

That said Radio Sheffield rarely give much coverage to local teams once they drop out of the Championship.
To be fair to RS they actually cover a lot the games outside the championship, they did with us when tufty took over in league one, if we were not on the radio (generally the home games)then you could listen to the ifollow commentary online, as it is Rad Sheff that do that, still do it today as well, I know, I used it to listen to the west ham game when I was away from Sheffield a couple of weeks ago.
Not having a go at you Bladesman, the sad thing is though in 5 years time we might not have this service anymore, which would mean people losing their jobs and for us no live local commentaries, not saying that will be the case, but it is a very real possibility...☹

"the biggest club on our patch" implies that they think the pigs are bigger than us

There is no "they" in this at all. It was one man, the commentator Adam Oxley, who, quite frankly, seems like a very nice bloke but struggles to make the big step up from match day reporter to anchor man in the studio. He is poor on doing his research and is often caught out with simple questions about stuff he really should know..

Worse still, he has a tendency to open mouth and start talking before he engages his brain. He often gets his sayings and similes mixed up, uses the wrong words, or just comes out with drivel whilst he is scrambling to think of something to say.

In the same show tonight:

On the subject of Blades signing Sander Berge from Genk:

"would cost a wedge of cash, it would seem, I've seen figures in the mid-teens banded about". Really? Not £27M then?

On the subject of Man City's midfield:

"They are quite good at moving the ball about". :oops: You could say that I suppose! A master of understatement obviously.

Remember though, Oxley isn't Radio Sheffield. He's just one guy that works for them. I think Radio Sheffield do a fantastic job of covering all our local teams, without bias. But if they could cut out the "Oxleymorons" it would be even better!

I didn't even know wednesday were playing! Just saw they lost! Ha ha ha! That's a nice start to the day!

who asked why there not on the Radio tonight instead of Wednesday and he replied because the Wednesday we're the biggest club on our patch

Radio Sheffield have always stated that the 2 Sheffield clubs always have preference over Rotherham Barnsley Chesterfield. if a Sheffield club are away will always be on.

i dont get the thing of radio Sheffield. its like kids saying that the other kid is the favourite

Radio Sheffield have always stated that the 2 Sheffield clubs always have preference over Rotherham Barnsley Chesterfield. if a Sheffield club are away will always be on.

i dont get the thing of radio Sheffield. its like kids saying that the other kid is the favourite
The clue is in the name. It's Radio Sheffield not Radio South Yorks.

It’s radio Sheffield so obviously the 2 Sheffield clubs will get first dibs on coverage we loaned them don valley stadium what thi whinging abart Na ffs

There is no "they" in this at all. It was one man, the commentator Adam Oxley, who, quite frankly, seems like a very nice bloke but struggles to make the big step up from match day reporter to anchor man in the studio. He is poor on doing his research and is often caught out with simple questions about stuff he really should know..

Worse still, he has a tendency to open mouth and start talking before he engages his brain. He often gets his sayings and similes mixed up, uses the wrong words, or just comes out with drivel whilst he is scrambling to think of something to say.

In the same show tonight:

On the subject of Blades signing Sander Berge from Genk:

"would cost a wedge of cash, it would seem, I've seen figures in the mid-teens banded about". Really? Not £27M then?

On the subject of Man City's midfield:

"They are quite good at moving the ball about". :oops: You could say that I suppose! A master of understatement obviously.

Remember though, Oxley isn't Radio Sheffield. He's just one guy that works for them. I think Radio Sheffield do a fantastic job of covering all our local teams, without bias. But if they could cut out the "Oxleymorons" it would be even better!
Take mi hat off to you, all that composition for the last sentence. Excellent though.🎓

Back
Top Bottom