Incoming? Folarin Balogun

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I
90% certain to be the championship so i would expect us to go back to the old 3412 be interesting who we would bring in for the duffy role
t would make sense if it were a younger player to build with the rest of the group.

We might do. I’d expect us to at least retain the ability to deploy the flat 3 against better sides it’ll depend what division we’re in I guess.
Cant go into a game always having the same method and formation unless you have world class players as city ,liverpool and others do,even they shake it up a bit from time to time.
Leeds are finding out the hard way Bielsa plays great attacking football ,they have weaknesses which the best teams will take advantage of.
Wilder said more than once we cant open up against the best teams as we would get picked off,we have to be cute and find a way! This season we havnt found it yet .Back in the championship (if relegation happens) the club will be in a much stronger position ,playing a flat 3 will effectively give us a platform if needed against the better teams a more flexible way has to be available too .
CWAK and co will have learned a lot about the championship over the period I expect us to have a team that can have a good crack at promotion if the relegation happens.
Usually when relegated to the 2 nd tier we find it tough to bounce straight back ! Hopefully retaining the management team we have should help us give it a good go .

Cant go into a game always having the same method and formation unless you have world class players as city ,liverpool and others do,even they shake it up a bit from time to time.
Leeds are finding out the hard way Bielsa plays great attacking football ,they have weaknesses which the best teams will take advantage of.
Wilder said more than once we cant open up against the best teams as we would get picked off,we have to be cute and find a way! This season we havnt found it yet .Back in the championship (if relegation happens) the club will be in a much stronger position ,playing a flat 3 will effectively give us a platform if needed against the better teams a more flexible way has to be available too .
CWAK and co will have learned a lot about the championship over the period I expect us to have a team that can have a good crack at promotion if the relegation happens.
Usually when relegated to the 2 nd tier we find it tough to bounce straight back ! Hopefully retaining the management team we have should help us give it a good go .
I agree with everything you’ve said and would also expect to switch between the flat 3 and a more attacking 3. I’d also expect us to experiment more with the 4-4-2 diamond as Bogle and Burke could play wide in that system. I can only speak to the Warnock relation from the prem as it’s the only one I’ve seen but that group had arguably reached its peak and still dropped where as we’ve spent this summer and last building a new young core if that process could be complete next summer then hopefully we’d have a new group trending upwards with lots of development room rather than and older group trending downwards.

I agree with everything you’ve said and would also expect to switch between the flat 3 and a more attacking 3. I’d also expect us to experiment more with the 4-4-2 diamond as Bogle and Burke could play wide in that system. I can only speak to the Warnock relation from the prem as it’s the only one I’ve seen but that group had arguably reached its peak and still dropped where as we’ve spent this summer and last building a new young core if that process could be complete next summer then hopefully we’d have a new group trending upwards with lots of development room rather than and older group trending downwards.
as you know i like the 433 system but if were in the championship 442 is an interesting one and could work plus especially at home we could use burke in his natural position out wide right if rnd comes back weve 4 players already for the lb and lm role so covered there maybe get besic back as the dm that would just leave us to find the elusive am freeman might be the answer there but he hasnt pulled any trees up for forest (sorry about the pun ) so i think we would be looking for somebody else for that role maybe back in for jon swift in the summer if reading dont go up

as you know i like the 433 system but if were in the championship 442 is an interesting one and could work plus especially at home we could use burke in his natural position out wide right if rnd comes back weve 4 players already for the lb and lm role so covered there maybe get besic back as the dm that would just leave us to find the elusive am freeman might be the answer there but he hasnt pulled any trees up for forest (sorry about the pun ) so i think we would be looking for somebody else for that role maybe back in for jon swift in the summer if reading dont go up
I think we could be incredibly fluid tactically like you say we have some interesting options on the right now with Bogle, baldock and Basham. RND will add that kind of flexibility on the left able to play at left back, wing back and centrehalf. If we could find a midfielder capable of playing RCM and AM we’d be able to switch between a 3 or a 4 at the back seamlessly in game which would cause teams serious problems.

just think the 3 at the back is fine if their overlapping if not we have to play a 4 and get another man further up the pitch think basham would be ok in the dm role if were in the championship but your right we need a goalscoring and a creative midfielder to come in lundstrum fleck norwood and ampadu might well all have gone by next august

His agent is running the show apparently.

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says Folarin Balogun looks set to leave the club in the summer when his contract expires.

However, he could now be available on a free after Arteta admitted today contract talks are not progressing.

"The club wants to make a deal, the manager wants to make a deal, the player wants to stay and I'm not sure about the agent," he said.

"We are negotiating with an agent, with a player that wants to stay at the club and we need to find an agreement.

"I'm telling you that we are doing everything we can to keep him here and hopefully from the other part they are doing the same and in the same interest, which is the player's interest, which is to stay at the football club and be successful with us."

If Arsenal don't want to pay what his agent is asking for theres no way we will!!
Where does it say about money? Also take anything coming out arsenal regarding contracts player signings etc with a pinch of salt. The bloke basically running the show now is poison and nearly killed inter to the extent he is banned from the club. Anything around this lads contract is now performance art. I’m not saying we can afford him or he’d come here just that arsenal aren’t all sweetness and light right now.

I've seen nothing of this lad, at all. But if we were to sign him wouldn't we run the risk of him being another Brewster i.e a young lad with potential but not ready for PL men's football? Would this harm his development/confidence? I've not read the whole thread so apologies if I'm missing an important point.

I've seen nothing of this lad, at all. But if we were to sign him wouldn't we run the risk of him being another Brewster i.e a young lad with potential but not ready for PL men's football? Would this harm his development/confidence? I've not read the whole thread so apologies if I'm missing an important point.
In short yes. He’s a top young talent highly rated with international recognition but would take time to adapt to men’s football as nearly all young players do. But if he’s available for free then it’s not really a gamble.

Where does it say about money? Also take anything coming out arsenal regarding contracts player signings etc with a pinch of salt. The bloke basically running the show now is poison and nearly killed inter to the extent he is banned from the club. Anything around this lads contract is now performance art. I’m not saying we can afford him or he’d come here just that arsenal aren’t all sweetness and light right now.
Mate when is it not about money? Very rarely...although in this case he probably wants games too ...but games on the right money.

We've already spent 20m on a young striker and we've got Burke and Hackford on the fringes.

Assuming we're down I can't see us bringing in any more unless we move Moose out and we may not be able to do that given his record and wages.

McB, McG, Brewster, Burke, Sharp and Moose will likely be around so again for me its the midfield the money needs to be spent on

Mate when is it not about money? Very rarely...although in this case he probably wants games too ...but games on the right money.

We've already spent 20m on a young striker and we've got Burke and Hackford on the fringes.

Assuming we're down I can't see us bringing in any more unless we move Moose out and we may not be able to do that given his record and wages.

McB, McG, Brewster, Burke, Sharp and Moose will likely be around so again for me its the midfield the money needs to be spent on
This could be about money but the lad has consistently said he wants games for the last 18 months. Going off the teams who have reportedly tried to buy him from arsenal that being us and Brentford his wage demands might not be extortionate as neither pays highly and clubs don’t bid for players without a nudge and a wink from the agent that the player is interested.

I’d hope we will move Mousset on after the latest incident. In terms of long term planning wilder seems to want to have 5-6 strikers around the squad and McGoldrick and billy won’t be here much longer this would represent a chance to capture a top young prospect for no outlay and secure our striking options for a long time to come. However this is probably immaterial as it doesn’t seem to be something we’ve ever done ie picking up these top prospects when they refuse to sign deals. He’ll likely go abroad or to a West Ham, spurs or Newcastle type.

This could be about money but the lad has consistently said he wants games for the last 18 months. Going off the teams who have reportedly tried to buy him from arsenal that being us and Brentford his wage demands might not be extortionate as neither pays highly and clubs don’t bid for players without a nudge and a wink from the agent that the player is interested.

I’d hope we will move Mousset on after the latest incident. In terms of long term planning wilder seems to want to have 5-6 strikers around the squad and McGoldrick and billy won’t be here much longer this would represent a chance to capture a top young prospect for no outlay and secure our striking options for a long time to come. However this is probably immaterial as it doesn’t seem to be something we’ve ever done ie picking up these top prospects when they refuse to sign deals. He’ll likely go abroad or to a West Ham, spurs or Newcastle type.
if were still interested in balagun it has to be for next season in the championship possibly replacing mousset who i very much doubt will still be with us come august mcburnie brewster burke balogun hackford and possibly billy and goldie would be a fantastic set of strikers for championship football

if were still interested in balagun it has to be for next season in the championship possibly replacing mousset who i very much doubt will still be with us come august mcburnie brewster burke balogun hackford and possibly billy and goldie would be a fantastic set of strikers for championship football
It would be very good and very diverse in terms of skill sets. Theoretically with a functioning midfield that sort of striking groups should have the answers to any defence.

It would be very good and very diverse in terms of skill sets. Theoretically with a functioning midfield that sort of striking groups should have the answers to any defence.
there lies the problem yogi midfield at least 2 new faces got to come in this summer besic and swift could be quite interesting hopefully fleck will come back to form at a lower level although think norwoods race might be run i expect us to move him on

there lies the problem yogi midfield at least 2 new faces got to come in this summer besic and swift could be quite interesting hopefully fleck will come back to form at a lower level although think norwoods race might be run i expect us to move him on
For me it has to be 3 if all the current players stay. 1 at DM 1 box to box player to push/cover for Berge and then one AM. That gives us cover/options as well as giving us the ability to tweak formation.

In short yes. He’s a top young talent highly rated with international recognition but would take time to adapt to men’s football as nearly all young players do. But if he’s available for free then it’s not really a gamble.
Fair enough. However, given our lack of goals, were we to sign another striker who then wasn't played (for the reasons you outline) there would be questions asked and a clamour for him to play. If he then did play and didn't score (for the reasons outlined above) he'd be getting the stick that Brewster is. In short, it's probably an unnecessary gamble for him, more than anything.

Fair enough. However, given our lack of goals, were we to sign another striker who then wasn't played (for the reasons you outline) there would be questions asked and a clamour for him to play. If he then did play and didn't score (for the reasons outlined above) he'd be getting the stick that Brewster is. In short, it's probably an unnecessary gamble for him, more than anything.
Oh yeah right now we aren’t an attractive option when like you say we don’t create chances.

For me it has to be 3 if all the current players stay. 1 at DM 1 box to box player to push/cover for Berge and then one AM. That gives us cover/options as well as giving us the ability to tweak formation.
you may be right yogi mind wouldnt suprise me if regan slater isnt in our plans for next season i think we will use the lundstrum money to fund swift and maybe even a double swoop on blackburn for lenihan and dack

you may be right yogi mind wouldnt suprise me if regan slater isnt in our plans for next season i think we will use the lundstrum money to fund swift and maybe even a double swoop on blackburn for lenihan and dack
In terms of planning our transfer business the emergence of a slater or brunt or any of the youngsters should be a bonus not something which factors into our short term planning imo.

In terms of planning our transfer business the emergence of a slater or brunt or any of the youngsters should be a bonus not something which factors into our short term planning imo.
i think 3 or 4 of these young lads have to be integrated in to the squad next season but yeah midfield has to be the priority next season do you think chris will stick with 352 ? im hoping not 🤔

How does this kid fit the criteria of being able to go straight into the team and hit the ground running?

Liverpool interested. Think that ends any chance we have of getting him.

Not that we need another striker anyway. We could have Mo Salah up front and he wouldn't get a sniff due to our non existent supply line.

Just signed a new contract for Arsenal.
As we only offered them three bob for him can we really have been in for him, seriously, or as someone so in touch with the real world has reported, “Another one slips through the net”. ! FFS !!!

Back
Top Bottom