Incoming? Florinel Coman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Totally disagree!

If you heard Wilder talking about the last transfer window in Jan you'd know that he said how much harder it was at this level to get the deals done. That's probably due to the fact that the players that are being touted about are interesting a lot of very big clubs with a lot of money. In this situation, the longer you leave it, the more you are going to be in a bidding way with the big boys. So, it makes absolute sense to try and do this business as soon as possible. If we can get an agreement with a club now and get that all signed up and sealed then that's a brilliant thing to do. Of course the players contract will remain as is until summer - but tying the club down to sell the player to us now - how can that not be good thing?

It may not be the usual way of doing football transfers - but we aren't Liverpool or Man City or Man Utd or Arsenal. We can't outbid them, but we can outsmart them.

I just don't understand why you 2 guys don't think that would be a very smart move?
I think it'd be a very smart move - I was just surprised to see us continuing our business days after the window shut. I'd expect a lot of discussions to happen outside of the transfer windows; I just wasn't sure if they'd be as formal as a structured bid. If I were the selling club I'd much rather wait until the window reopened and try to play clubs off against each other rather than accept a bid when it appears a lot of the other clubs who may be interested are more focused on their league campaigns.

I'm not involved with football though, so the regularity with which formal bids go in outside of windows could be a lot higher than I realise and just don't get reported on that often.

It's great that we are getting linked to these kind of players. Further proof our scouting system is now looking far and wide.

It's also great that they are the right age and havent made their money yet. Players like this lad know if they move to a top 6 club ( not us yet despite our league position !) that they are very likely to sit on the bench...if they even get on the bench. Come to us and they will play and then can get a move to a bigger club if they want that way a later stage.

Due to CWAK we must be a very attractive proposition for young European talent.

I think they’ll sell him now. Money speaks in those markets and this is a very good offer for a young lad who has not gone much above the radar outside of Romania. We must be very convinced of his ability if we are offering that kind of money.

I would offer the following advice though, as someone who has negotiated business deals in that country...

Normally the way a negotiation goes is that the 2 parties start a way apart with their valuation, then closely edge towards the mid point and agree a deal there. That doesn’t happen in Romania.

What happens there is the 2 parties start a way apart, they edge towards a mid point, then the Romanian party go back to their starting point and add a bit on!😲

They say things like...”I never said that!” and the whole process starts over again!

That was my experience anyhow. And we were dealing with people at government level, not some small enterprise. The government employed psychologists to aid their negotiations. They were skilled in taking people to their breaking point during negotiations. They were very good at it and also very corrupt!

Hopefully our negotiations will go more smoothly than that, but it won’t be straight forward, of that I’m sure!

I think they’ll sell him now. Money speaks in those markets and this is a very good offer for a young lad who has not gone much above the radar outside of Romania.

They cant sell him now the Transfer Window has shut if you hadnt noticed. I very much doubt hes under the radar
They will wait for the transfer window to open and see how much they can get for him and most likely sell him to the highest bider. Why wouldnt they ?
By your own admission the Romanians like to get as much as they can and move the goalposts

They cant sell him now the Transfer Window has shut if you hadnt noticed. I very much doubt hes under the radar
They will wait for the transfer window to open and see how much they can get for him and most likely sell him to the highest bider. Why wouldnt they ?
By your own admission the Romanians like to get as much as they can and move the goalposts

They can do what they want. This is not the UK. Laws and rules are mere “suggestions” to them.

You are viewing this through your Western lens.

If it is personally more profitable for the owner to do the deal now they can and they will.

Contracts can be drawn up and signed now to take effect later. It’s a case of assured money now or a gamble on possibly more or less later.

They quite possibly have no other firm offers like this one. So what does the owner do? Wait and see if he gets a better offer later or be guaranteed this money coming his way in 3 months time?

This is life-changing money for Romanians. One of the poorest nations on earth. When I lived and worked there, not so long ago, a doctor’s wage was $300 USD a month. That’s about £220. A month!

This is huge money for them. I’ve no doubt they’d like to get more. But the way the system works is totally different to here. Even the boss of the rival team thinks they’ll sell him for that kind of sum.

I think they will too.

And things can be tied up now which will be of benefit to both parties, and in a few months time the owner might be bumped off by the mafia anyhow. That’s how it works.

In that case, can't we wait for the Mafia to put the owner in concrete boots, before nicking the lad for nowt in all the confusion and criminal investigation?

Send in CWAK with false moustaches and outfits from the Sweeney, and whilst CW is shouting out loudly 'your nicked son' and 'shut it you slaaaaaarrrrrgg', AK can be poppin the lad in the boot of the car and bringing him back to blighty. Job done and we get him for fuk all. If that fails, get CW to shout out 'fekin hell, Draculas over there', and when they pop their heads up again 10 mins later, CWAK and the player will have hopped it. Its a plan.

We have 3 lads at work who are all fcsb fans they got really agitated about this kid when I asked them saying he will be an absolute star and reckon we will be stupid not to stump up 20 million euros for hIm in Romania they are saying he's the Romanian Ronaldo 😁

Been keeping an eye on this one since the story first developed & I've noticed another piece has been written by the same Romanian paper.

He was subbed after 78 mins in a recent match and walked straight down the tunnel. The chairman (who from what I can gather is an absolute nutcase) publicly criticised him for it, saying that although he's demanded €20m for him, no one would pay €1 million for him based off his last two performances.

Certainly seems like our bid getting rejected has unsettled him. Will keep looking out for any further updates. 😁

Oh give over!

"not fit our system" :rolleyes:

You're another one who can only see the present and not the future eh?

So you think we've got a set way of playing and there's no intention of changing that, or varying it, we are just going to plod along with the same system forever? Is that how you see it? Because I don't.

If you watch United closely you'll see that we already vary our system a lot during some games. We change shape and formation depending on what is happening in the game. To do that, you need different types of players.

Sorry mate, I have to totally disagree with you. It's a bit like last season when I was saying we needed pace in the team - and there were some on here (and they'll know who they are) who were coming back and arguing that we don't need pace because of the way we play. Absolute bonkers! I bet they are hating the likes of Mousset and will hate Zivkovic even more!

Listen up...you need ALL types of players if you are going to build a football team that can hit other teams in so many different ways - and what we don't have at the club at the moment is this type of really tricky winger. So forget this thing about..."not fit our system"...because our system is evolving all the time - and that's how we will stay ahead of the game.

I can see that and Wilder can see that. Hopefully all fans will eventually see that as well.

Completely agree.....we are still playing good football but just look at how much our "style" has changed this season......last year we played, (sorry, over-played) keep ball and pinned teams back, we still do that in patches but we get the ball up front a lot quicker instead of trying to play out from the back....not quite long-ball but not far off at times!

This seems to be the type of player we are now targeting, young, skilful, and with a potential high sell on value after a couple of seasons in the Prem. Think Brentford, but on a much larger scale, ie buying at 10-25 mill and selling at 50+ mill.

Completely agree.....we are still playing good football but just look at how much our "style" has changed this season......last year we played, (sorry, over-played) keep ball and pinned teams back, we still do that in patches but we get the ball up front a lot quicker instead of trying to play out from the back....not quite long-ball but not far off at times!

Yes I think that's right. We have to don't we? Let's face it - with the current squad of players we aren't going to out-football some teams in midfield. The likes of Man City and Liverpool in particular. If we tried to do that we'd get overrun and out-passed quite easily. So, to take the City game away as an example, it was very interesting watching our tactics against them. We sort of let them have the ball in front of us and went towards them like a red and white wall, but we were all in formation like a flock of geese! We didn't dive in to tackles and over commit, we just forced them to move the ball around, but limited their options most of the time to switching it from left to right, shutting the door on them coming straight at us through the middle. And when we won back possession our tactic was to break quickly and look for a long pass down the centre for Mousset to chase. It worked very well for most of the game - of course we got undone by that collision with the ref and they did find a way through eventually - but for the most part we were really solid and the tactical approach was spot on.

But imagine if we'd had a player that we put out wide to move the ball to quickly on the break. A player that would actually run at pace with the ball at his feet and be skilful enough to dribble around their defenders. So we'd have the runner and chaser of the long ball down the centre in Mousset, but also someone to hog the ball and carry it forward down the flanks at some distance. That would create another dimension to our attack. And I think that's where we will end up sooner or later. Different types of players to what we currently have, in order to give us even more options to switch tactics and formations during a game.

Back
Top Bottom