Incoming? Florinel Coman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lee Baxter

Reaction score
Paper in Romania reckons we've bid €16m for this bloke with a view to him coming in next season. Looks to be another quick forward/left winger who's been linked with Man City and West Ham. Couldn't see us signing him with left wing in mind but you never know what we've got planned.

No idea how reputable the source is, but it's the rumour mill so may as well chuck it in here.

FCSB could break away from Florinel Coman in the summer. The 21-year-old is wanted in the Premier League by Sheffield United.
From GSP.RO information, FCSB received a written offer of 16 million euros from Sheffield United. If Becali accepts, the move would take place in the summer, now the transfer period in England is closed.

• Florinel Coman has been the most fit player at FCSB this season, scoring 12 goals in 28 matches in all competitions.
  • Florinel Coman came to FCSB in the summer of 2017, being brought from Viitorul and is one of Gigi Becali's favorites.
Shoddily translated article.

Last edited:

Bit early to be submitting bids I'd have thought?

Bit early to be submitting bids I'd have thought?
You'd have thought so. Most I'd expect would be floating our interest and gauging whether we think a deal could be done. Will have to wait and see either way.

Speaking to a Romanian I work with, who has no interest in Sport and the Website in question is super reliable apperently. Most read sports website / magazine in all of Romania and one of the oldest.

Thinks if its on there, must be something in it.

Speaking to a Romanian I work with, who has no interest in Sport and the Website in question is super reliable apperently. Most read sports website / magazine in all of Romania and one of the oldest.

Thinks if its on there, must be something in it.
Cheers for that info. If it hadn't been for the January window I'd have been very skeptical but given the market we appear to be shopping in now it feels like any of these links are possible.

In Romania they call him Florinel 'Mbappe' Coman. Isn't a bad player to be compared to tbf

Looks like a player on there.

Do wonder if it’s another wide forward that just wouldn’t fit quite into our way of playing.

I guess our issue is that there aren’t that many proper centre-forwards around atm. Most teams tend to develop the wide forward that cuts in and I’m not quite sure however good they are they’d fit into the way we play without a tweak. Like Robinson to be fair

I posted some time ago about the young talent Romania seemed to have...one who stood out then was Hagi who’s obviously gone to Rangers, and assume this lad was on the pitch in the game they impressed me.

Hagi snr was one of my all time favourite players, Bergkamp being another in a similar period. Romanian players always seemed very technical and skilful, along with many of the Eastern European and Balkan region players, Besic looking like it for us too.

He could be a real coup, and nothing to stop us agreeing a deal now with it to be completed in the next window.

Looks hot property but we wont be the only club in for him me thinks.

Wouldn't it be nice if its already been sorted 😜

He was the one who Hendo dropped a massive bollock against at the u21 Euros. Really good player, but not sure he'd fit our system.

You'd have thought so. Most I'd expect would be floating our interest and gauging whether we think a deal could be done. Will have to wait and see either way.
Totally disagree!

If you heard Wilder talking about the last transfer window in Jan you'd know that he said how much harder it was at this level to get the deals done. That's probably due to the fact that the players that are being touted about are interesting a lot of very big clubs with a lot of money. In this situation, the longer you leave it, the more you are going to be in a bidding way with the big boys. So, it makes absolute sense to try and do this business as soon as possible. If we can get an agreement with a club now and get that all signed up and sealed then that's a brilliant thing to do. Of course the players contract will remain as is until summer - but tying the club down to sell the player to us now - how can that not be good thing?

It may not be the usual way of doing football transfers - but we aren't Liverpool or Man City or Man Utd or Arsenal. We can't outbid them, but we can outsmart them.

I just don't understand why you 2 guys don't think that would be a very smart move?

He was the one who Hendo dropped a massive bollock against at the u21 Euros. Really good player, but not sure he'd fit our system.
Oh give over!

"not fit our system" :rolleyes:

You're another one who can only see the present and not the future eh?

So you think we've got a set way of playing and there's no intention of changing that, or varying it, we are just going to plod along with the same system forever? Is that how you see it? Because I don't.

If you watch United closely you'll see that we already vary our system a lot during some games. We change shape and formation depending on what is happening in the game. To do that, you need different types of players.

Sorry mate, I have to totally disagree with you. It's a bit like last season when I was saying we needed pace in the team - and there were some on here (and they'll know who they are) who were coming back and arguing that we don't need pace because of the way we play. Absolute bonkers! I bet they are hating the likes of Mousset and will hate Zivkovic even more!

Listen up...you need ALL types of players if you are going to build a football team that can hit other teams in so many different ways - and what we don't have at the club at the moment is this type of really tricky winger. So forget this thing about..."not fit our system"...because our system is evolving all the time - and that's how we will stay ahead of the game.

I can see that and Wilder can see that. Hopefully all fans will eventually see that as well.

Exceptional player, plenty of pace, similar haircut to Robinson, which could be an added draw.

However, his CV is mightily impressive and I doubt we could get anywhere near the wages Bayern are currently paying.

Off to see if they sell Romanian flags on Amazon

(That pass stringent fire safety tests obviously)

Totally disagree!

If you heard Wilder talking about the last transfer window in Jan you'd know that he said how much harder it was at this level to get the deals done. That's probably due to the fact that the players that are being touted about are interesting a lot of very big clubs with a lot of money. In this situation, the longer you leave it, the more you are going to be in a bidding way with the big boys. So, it makes absolute sense to try and do this business as soon as possible. If we can get an agreement with a club now and get that all signed up and sealed then that's a brilliant thing to do. Of course the players contract will remain as is until summer - but tying the club down to sell the player to us now - how can that not be good thing?

It may not be the usual way of doing football transfers - but we aren't Liverpool or Man City or Man Utd or Arsenal. We can't outbid them, but we can outsmart them.

I just don't understand why you 2 guys don't think that would be a very smart move?

Europa League qualifying starts in July does it not? Might be contingency to get players in early just in case we are facing that.

This kid looks superb. If his attitude and commitment are spot on, he’s just the sort of attacker we need.
He’s fast, skilful, intelligent, two footed.
What’s not to like?

Blown up a little on Twitter. Well liked by European football nerds.

There’s an article where the owner of SB has stated he’ll only go for €20 mill.

Back
Top Bottom