FLN's FLL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kozzy_is_my_Dad

No excuses, no dickheads.
Reaction score
That's funny little Nigel's funny little loanees to you and me...

Here's what I struggle with, following our recent, rapid success - you know, the two promotions in three years (won't hack it in La Liga, eh Pigs?). Technically, our outgoing loanees won't strictly be PL calibre as such, in that they've stepped up a couple of divisions with us in a short space of time. Not long ago, these would have been league one squad players/youngsters - so why not loan them to places like Burton, as they would have only been around our match day squad if we were still down there...

Every time I see a picture of Alan Knill, I genuinely wonder if they've photoshopped his neck.

Regarding funny little Nigel's potential loanees, do we have any young centre backs? If so - keep them well away.

He was a disgrace of a manager for us. Our success shouldn't mean we forget that.
Latterly yes he was extremely poor and erratic but it's unfair and unbalanced to recognise that he quite possibly saved us from relegation to the 4th tier when he 1st arrived. 2 major semi finals with some notable scalps along the way, and a quasi banishment of the Wembley hoodoo was also a significant acheivement. Nigel part II was by far the larger clusterfuck.

Adkins was dealt a worse hand than Clough..... thanks to Clough. But yes, he was shite too and another horrendously wrong fit for the club. But he never approached the job with the same level of reckless disdain and never put his own petty agendas ahead of the good of the club. He was just guilty of being useless. Clough truly abused a level of power he should have never been allowed.

Forget Nigel Adkins.

Fuck Nigel Clough.

Has Adkins slipped your memory? Maybe your ire would be better directed towards him.
Clough was worse

Cup runs apart, his complete mismanagement of the squad was horrendous. Playing in a play off semi with 2 full backs at centre half out of choice was an absolute disgrace.

Hate the cunt. And I mean that, cunt. Thinks he's his dad but he's nothing more than a pathetic sad individual. Fuck him.

I don’t hate him, but he’s an expert in “not losing” rather than winning. He’s the man to keep you up or keep you mid table, not to win promotion.

Was pretty baffled / annoyed when he made five separate subs in twelve minutes of our friendly the other night (as opposed to bunching them together as is normally done). Surely the point of a friendly is - at least - to build up fitness, rather than slow the game down constantly? Alright it was only a tenner but I hadn't paid to watch players troop on and off a football pitch.

Ref didn't even enforce the new "leave by nearest touchline" rule...

Was pretty baffled / annoyed when he made five separate subs in twelve minutes of our friendly the other night (as opposed to bunching them together as is normally done). Surely the point of a friendly is - at least - to build up fitness, rather than slow the game down constantly? Alright it was only a tenner but I hadn't paid to watch players troop on and off a football pitch.

“I know this is a friendly, but you kick-off with a point...”

A measure of the man and his contempt for supporters.

Clough was worse

Cup runs apart, his complete mismanagement of the squad was horrendous. Playing in a play off semi with 2 full backs at centre half out of choice was an absolute disgrace.

Hate the cunt. And I mean that, cunt. Thinks he's his dad but he's nothing more than a pathetic sad individual. Fuck him.

you're not Andy Butler by any chance are you? ;)

Clough nearly crippled us financially with the erratic splurge of the Maguire and Cup Run money on Brayford.

Let’s not forget his other masterpiece, the signing of Higdon off a YouTube highlights package, making him Captain, and then finding out after 45mins his legs had gone.

Not as much a buffoon as Adkins but if we had kept him much longer he could have been much more damaging long term to the club.

Lots more to it I’m sure, but I think one or two (Ricky) forget some of the players he brought to the club.
Basham, Coutts, Adams, Brooks, Freeman for starters.
Yes, he brought in some crap too, usually players to fill the squad, but don’t forget he was well hindered by some absolute dross he couldn’t shift as well due to high wages.
The damage was done between Blackwell, weir, Speed, Adams!
He at least came in, steadied the ship and brought me some absolute great memories. His last season was the disappointment, and by all accounts was hard to handle and reason with due to his stubborn streak. He also gets mullered for Brayford...who was absolute first class when he was on loan. His injury did for him after nearly ALL fans
Clambered for us to buy him! It was later used as a stick to hit him with after he got injured.

Adkins was FAR worse.

Back
Top Bottom