Fleck substituted.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't recall an instance myself, but might be wrong.

He was subbed on 63 minutes v. Villa earlier this season as he appeared to have picked up an injury. He wasn't subbed in 41 starts in 2017-18 and was subbed at half-time in the 0-3 home defeat to Southend on 16th August 2016. Dunno if it was tactical or an injury but CW could have subbed all eleven that night.
He started 41 that season, came on as sub. 3 times and was only subbed v. Sarfend.

He was subbed on 63 minutes v. Villa earlier this season as he appeared to have picked up an injury. He wasn't subbed in 41 starts in 2017-18 and was subbed at half-time in the 0-3 home defeat to Southend on 16th August 2016. Dunno if it was tactical or an injury but CW could have subbed all eleven that night.
He started 41 that season, came on as sub. 3 times and was only subbed v. Sarfend.

Injuries accepted it was a query about him being subbed off for performance only reasons. Good stats btw

He's not having a good time of it recently and was rightly substituted last night. Question for statos, has he ever been substituted for us other than due to injury?
He was poor last night along with many others in that second half

Can't recall him been subbed much at all

As others have said has not been no where near the last few seasons standards , sadly not sure we have anyone in the same ilk to come in for him to give him a rest /kick up the arse

Did anyone see what Wilder said/shouted to the fan behind the dugout (young lad, blonde hair) when Fleck was subbed?

It looked to me as if the lad was giving Fleck some abuse and Wilder told him (the fan) to shut it. I could be wrong but that’s what it looked like from where I was sat. Did anyone else see it?

Been under par ever since we've been playing with two playmakers. They're in his way.

Agreed its a conundrum for CW as we don't have a left sided midfielder to replace him and his substitution affected the balance of the team last night.

He may have been poor on the ball last night but Albion had it easy through midfield after he went off. Not a tackle or hassle in sight.

Fleck hasnt really done it this season, maybe he needs a bit of a kick up the backside via being substitued/dropped.

I think Norwood's long passes look good, but either a) take Fleck out of the build up or b) means he has to stay back in case we lose possession as the Norwoods pass is a higher risk than a Coutts one would have been

I think Norwood's long passes look good, but either a) take Fleck out of the build up or b) means he has to stay back in case we lose possession as the Norwoods pass is a higher risk than a Coutts one would have been
:D You have a vivid imagination! Do you believe that shite you just wrote? It’s bizarre!:D

He's not having a good time of it recently and was rightly substituted last night. Question for statos, has he ever been substituted for us other than due to injury?

Probably the correct decision to substitute Fleck - except the replacement made zero impact on the game.

The fella behind me in SS got the statement in before me - the balance went also in the team with this substitution.

All in all for me - a rubbish substitution by Wilder and the team of 3 that make these decisions.

PS: they got them spot on v Reading a week ago - not all of them work and all 3 subs last night were wrong people at the wrong time and Johnson put on with 3 minutes left - just shocking.

UTB

I think that he may have been struggling with a bug or strain last night - he knew that he was coming off before his number was even shown, so perhaps told Tufty at half time to ‘give me 10 mins and I’ll come off if I don’t feel right’.

Not been at his usual high standards all season bar the the odd few games.

One of those players who lack serious competition in the side since Coutts and Norwood operate in different areas and there’s no Leonard or other CM to keep him on his toes.

I think that he may have been struggling with a bug or strain last night - he knew that he was coming off before his number was even shown, so perhaps told Tufty at half time to ‘give me 10 mins and I’ll come off if I don’t feel right’.

He got clobbered towards the end of the first half and I think that was a factor.

Back
Top Bottom