First time you got hit at a match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Never been hit at a Blades game.

Been hit a few times playing Sunday league football. The first time I remember was playing the Elm Tree from Manor Top, they were animals to be fair. Also punched by a lad from Normanton and one lad who played for Gleadless Valley Munchengladbach . That one was nasty. Went up for a header together and as we got up he just punched me in the face for no reason full on, behind the refs back. My neck hurt for ages.

To be honest I was never into trouble but was guilty of being a 13-17 year old committing the crime of supporting my team during an era where police presence and security in general was lacks. The thought of reporting the attacks on me to anyone in authority never entered into my head, it was just " normal"

Got clipped by a Copper at the back of the Kop for shouting to many expletives at one of our inept players...late 79 a few games before the Boxing Day game..can't remember,but it could have been the Burscough Cup game...He must have been shit as i never abuse players these days.

It was commonplace back in the day. Coins especially. I used to take a magnet to games back in the day and emerge richer for the experience.

I once got twatted on the kop. Leeds game, night match. They were on our kop. I had my Blades scarf around my neck and several of them attacked me trying to remove it. They didn’t really mean to hit me, obviously. They just wanted my scarf. It was a trophy conquest back in the day. But to get it they had to twat me. I blame myself for tying it in a full Windsor.

All I know is I was set upon by some young chappies with very flat vowels who were obviously perishing cold. They said, “giz thi scarf”. I said, “no chance!”. I was wrong about that. There was a very good chance in fact. They dangled me on the end of my scarf for what seemed like a long time, until I turned the colour of a smurf. Then the scarf came free and they took it. I got a fat lip for my trouble. I managed to kick one of them up the arse as he fled, but it was to no avail.

From that day onwards I have always worn my scarf tied in a half-Windsor.
Old age playing tricks on you Cerberus? Money isn't magnetic (it certainly wasn't then). Being even more pedantic, folk from Leeds don't say "thi"! Good story though!!

Old age playing tricks on you Cerberus? Money isn't magnetic (it certainly wasn't then). Being even more pedantic, folk from Leeds don't say "thi"! Good story though!!

glad you liked it! Now then..has someone nicked your Puzzler magazine?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom