Financial Mumbo-Jumbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Our turnover is £20 million apparently and wages are £19 million

Transfer fees are not included in the wages in the same way as wages are additional to transfer fees. All is revealed in the accounts, though to fully understand them you need to be clued up on accountancy.

The take home message is that the club loses money, so for people to say lets buy more expensive players merely compounds the losses.

Most normal businesses losing £ 200 K per week would not last long.

Transfer fees are not included in the wages in the same way as wages are additional to transfer fees. All is revealed in the accounts, though to fully understand them you need to be clued up on accountancy.

The take home message is that the club loses money, so for people to say lets buy more expensive players merely compounds the losses.

Football clubs, banks and internet companies seem to be immune from normal business laws though. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact they are mostly owned and run by amoral cunts.

I know transfer fees aren't included in the wages, I never said they were

Makes you think whether player wage caps are a good idea or not with stats like that
I am not sure that it is possible to cap someones earnings, a club can make its own salary limits and reduce the market that it shops in.

The initial fee doesn't go against profits. It goes to intangible assets on the balance sheet and is written off over the length of the contract.
You're mixing up cash flow and profit and loss. You've spent £4m yes.you then write off two million over two years meaning the players balance sheet worth is now £2m. If you sell for £10m then the profit is £8m.

Cash flow wise you've made six million in cash but that's not how player transactions are accounted for.
So I was on the right track originally when I said a player is an asset not a cost. With regards to how much the owners have to put in, it's cash flow that is important - it doesn't help them to know that the profit is higher because in the accounts the player's value has been partially written off.

So I was on the right track originally when I said a player is an asset not a cost. With regards to how much the owners have to put in, it's cash flow that is important - it doesn't help them to know that the profit is higher because in the accounts the player's value has been partially written off.[/QU

They've already funded the purchase of the player in an earlier accounting period, but simply put, yes.

A couple of minor irritants in using Transfermarkt for transfer fees and calling Norwood a ‘loan’ but apart from that a very good article. Worth reading as it explains things quite clearly.
Find their transfer fees to be pretty accurate in most cases to be fair, it's their market values that baffle me, Hendo worth £900k o_O

Have a look at the first letter of every statement... Reveals something rather incredible about Mr Wilder...
Well, I never thought I would live to see an acrostic financial report. I can now go and die a happy man. Did we know that Mrs CW writes financial reports?

Football clubs, banks and internet companies seem to be immune from normal business laws though. Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact they are mostly owned and run by amoral cunts.

You, my son, can have a very big individual like for your opinion on banks which experience has told me (especially with "private banking" is tantamount to licensed criminality.

You, my son, can have a very big individual like for your opinion on banks which experience has told me (especially with "private banking" is tantamount to licensed criminality.

Don Corleone called it right when he said " The only way to get rich ( in America ) is in the dark "

Same applies to this country.

The government will do the best it can to support those who keep it in power ( banks and big business ).

Have a look at the first letter of every statement... Reveals something rather incredible about Mr Wilder...

What will the Trufflers accounts spell out.

'Steve Bruce is the size of a whale'

' PL no Chansiri '

so if we are paying double wages to the previous year 19m 9m up from 10m thats where brooks money went , in theory
but due to good house keeping we are in profit ,,,, woo hoo

football finances are like a rubiks cube , twist them around and you might see a pattern emerge but theyll normally be a few more twists required

so if we are paying double wages to the previous year 19m 9m up from 10m thats where brooks money went , in theory
but due to good house keeping we are in profit ,,,, woo hoo

football finances are like a rubiks cube , twist them around and you might see a pattern emerge but theyll normally be a few more twists required

That's where the sell on monies went. Not the Brooks money which is in this year.

Back
Top Bottom