Financial Mumbo-Jumbo

Discussion in 'General Blades Chat' started by TomJonesBlade, Feb 12, 2019.

to hide all adverts

1. Foxy

Foxy Administrator
    Staff Member

How much of a knob we're dealing with :)

Advertisement:

to hide all adverts.
  2. norfolkblade

norfolkblade Active Member

They just have a good handle on finances. Keeps the bailiffs from knocking...

I'll leave now :D

stringjunior likes this.
  3. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I'd have to go a long way to catch up with your disposable brass ST, so you can fuck off with that! :D

Flatulent_Bob and Sean Thornton like this.
  4. wesleysnipesmen

Yeah I'm not saying the wages of the 178 staff are part of the extra £11m cost I just mean think of the costs that a company would incur as a by product of having so many employees, ie rent, rates, electric.
    As for them being all being seasonal workers, I don't know as I don't work for the club but I'd imagine a lot of bar staff are outsourced to an events company or something so they're not actually United employees (perhaps someone who's worked the bars can confirm that?). If that's the case then those costs might not be within the wage cost.
    Yes their sales do form part of our turnover, that's irrelevant to explaining what makes up the £11m gap though.

5. Sean Thornton

Sean Thornton Well-Known Member

I thought the club sold the food/drink concessions on and therefore none of the employees were there's. Same with stewarding.

6. MobileBlade

MobileBlade Well-Known Member

No mate. Not even close at moment. Losses after player sales were £1.9m and when you take off costs of running academy, ladies side and other allowables for FFP we won't be far off break even. Last year we were at about £4m. FFP is £39m over 3 seasons so even we will be well within next year as well. Who knows in 2/3 time how things will pan but FFP is nothing to worry about for at least 5 years if we stay in this division.

7. wesleysnipesmen

The big one for football clubs tends to be the amortisation of intangible assets, which is spreading a players transfer fee over the length of their contract, or the club might just have a policy to spread all over 3 years for example. So buying Egan will create a cost of £4m / 3 = £1.33m in our accounts for the next 3 years.

wizadry likes this.
  8. Topplayersleave

Topplayersleave Active Member

get yer hands in yer pockets, tight feckers

Sean Thornton likes this.
  9. dc_blade

dc_blade Member

Useful info, thanks! I'd forgotten that some of those losses didn't count towards FFP.

10. Sean Thornton

Sean Thornton Well-Known Member

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result get McCabe to pay for the fucker"

11. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

Too complex for me. I leave that stuff to clever people.

12. GRUMPY BLADE

GRUMPY BLADE Well-Known Member

Some can't afford it at current prices.

Darthblade and Flatulent_Bob like this.
  13. wesleysnipesmen

Not sure, can't say I've seen the club advertising for staff for bar staff or stewards so could well be the case. I know the 3 quid yer match programmes bloke also does it at the sty so doubt he's a club employee.

14. Flatulent_Bob

Flatulent_Bob Well-Known Member

Fans who find themselves in this position should PM TopplayersleaveTopplayersleave he might be able to subsidise. Genuine suggestion if he’s lucky enough and happy enough to spend more to help the club.

15. Topplayersleave

Get some money spent, tight feckers, help McCabe and The Prince run the club

16. derekacorah

derekacorah Well-Known Member

Ah so now it’s changed from having a go at how little we give players away for to having a go at how much it costs to run a football club?

Good change of tactic.

Bladesthorpe likes this.
  17. gleadlessblades

gleadlessblades New Member

Without reading the financials, there’s allyhe other costs related to running a business. Wages of non football playing staff, maintenance of ground and training ground, cost of opening BL for matches, all materials needed for operating the business (IT infrastructure, telecommunications, software, electricity, gas, water, insurance, directors wages (potentially)) the list goes on and on.

18. bornablade

bornablade Active Member

I think they should do a Club1889.

borbokis likes this.
  19. Topplayersleave

Non playing staff are on the same payroll as the players if they are employed by the club, they just don't earn as much, we've seen that it is £19 million in total and is by far our biggest outgoing, as it as at other clubs. I'd say the cost of running Bramall lane on match days is actually profitable rather than loss making, it's the other days when it's not.

I have been assured that the shortfall is £10.3 million and that's fair enough because I haven't seen the figures, but it still seems a staggering amount for a relatively small company in the whole scheme of things. Almost a million pounds a month ?????

20. Topplayersleave

No change of tactics at all.
    If someone wants to start a thread about how little we give players away for I'll probably comment on it
    If someone starts a thread about our losses I'll comment on it
    The two things are completely different subjects