Financial Mumbo-Jumbo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't know what the worry is, we'll be making 300million a year from next year in the Premier League. ;)

£11 million still seems a lot

It's £10.3m. No Pigonomics please. Similarly when you claim we're losing £5m a year so players sales income reconciles with your wummery, the comparable loss the previous year was £8.45m. Admin exes rose by around £500k and the "gross loss" by £1.5m so you can see the difference in result are purely down to wages increases for players.

These figures are out there yet you deliberately mix them up to give a wrong impression or totally ignore them to wind people up.

Curtisesque in its stupidity.

It's £10.3m. No Pigonomics please. Similarly when you claim we're losing £5m a year so players sales income reconciles with your wummery, the comparable loss the previous year was £8.45m. Admin exes rose by around £500k and the "gross loss" by £1.5m so you can see the difference in result are purely down to wages increases for players.

These figures are out there yet you deliberately mix them up to give a wrong impression or totally ignore them to wind people up.

Curtisesque in its stupidity.

I didn't see them, a £5 million shortfall per year was quoted by somebody else, I just used this figure as a for instance.
If it's £10.3 million it's £10.3 million,
We'd better get selling I suppose, either that or increasing turnover, however as I'm the only person on this forum who is willing to pay more, and the mere mention of it brings further attacks on me, I suppose we can't do that either

I didn't see them, a £5 million shortfall per year was quoted by somebody else, I just used this figure as a for instance.
We'd better get selling I suppose, either that or increasing turnover, however as I'm the only person on this forum who is willing to pay more, and the mere mention of it brings further attacks on me, I suppose we can't do that either

That last bit has nothing to do with the first bit but is quite dramatic. Are you sure you're okay Hun?

Sorry to push a sore subject but when would Hammond's pay out hit the accounts wasn't that upwards of a million :mad:

Yes I'm fine
We should increase ticket prices

You've seen what's happened at the rust bucket haven't you? People complain now. I don't have the answer not pretend I have. We're near the top and gates aren't approaching 30k. How do you think an increase would have affected us for this seasons prices?

Because you’re cutting out some of the fan base who cant afford it. It’s an elitist solution, and that quite rightly doesn’t sit well with a lot of fans. It’s ignorant, unimaginative, overly simplistic and exactly something the truffle hunters would suggest and implement.
As I said before, there are plenty of way you could contribute more to the club if you can afford it and want to.

I said I would pay more as the recipient of the old bastard's discount and got thraped for it on here. I have now decided that I want to pay nothing as all property is theft and until the capitalist dog McCabe reveals who owns the freehold, who sabotaged the fax machine, the precise location of Woolhouse, Jacob Esan, Tyler Durden an t 'wereabouts o t'muneh, he's gerrin nowt.

Not sure how that's possible given the 'few quid' we are accused of spending whenever a new kit comes out ;)

In all seriousness though, we are happy to pay up front rather than on invoice ;)
Good for you. I hope you realise I was kidding. I missed off me winky smiley thing

I said I would pay more as the recipient of the old bastard's discount and got thraped for it on here. I have now decided that I want to pay nothing as all property is theft and until the capitalist dog McCabe reveals who owns the freehold, who sabotaged the fax machine, the precise location of Woolhouse, Jacob Esan, Tyler Durden an t 'wereabouts o t'muneh, he's gerrin nowt.

So TPL wasn't the only "considerably richer than yow" on here then? Just gets worse.

:rolleyes:

Not sure how that's possible given the 'few quid' we are accused of spending whenever a new kit comes out ;)

In all seriousness though, we are happy to pay up front rather than on invoice ;)

Does that hinge on anything?

The wages of the 178 staff would surely be included in the £19 million wage bill, most are part time and seasonal workers, many probably don't get more work than a few hours a week
And although we have to buy the pies, beer, hot dogs, shirts, key rings, wallets etc, the sales would form part of our turnover

The £11 million difference just seems very high
Yeah I'm not saying the wages of the 178 staff are part of the extra £11m cost I just mean think of the costs that a company would incur as a by product of having so many employees, ie rent, rates, electric.
As for them being all being seasonal workers, I don't know as I don't work for the club but I'd imagine a lot of bar staff are outsourced to an events company or something so they're not actually United employees (perhaps someone who's worked the bars can confirm that?). If that's the case then those costs might not be within the wage cost.
Yes their sales do form part of our turnover, that's irrelevant to explaining what makes up the £11m gap though.

Yeah I'm not saying the wages of the 178 staff are part of the extra £11m cost I just mean think of the costs that a company would incur as a by product of having so many employees, ie rent, rates, electric.
As for them being all being seasonal workers, I don't know as I don't work for the club but I'd imagine a lot of bar staff are outsourced to an events company or something so they're not actually United employees (perhaps someone who's worked the bars can confirm that?). If that's the case then those costs might not be within the wage cost.
Yes their sales do form part of our turnover, that's irrelevant to explaining what makes up the £11m gap though.

I thought the club sold the food/drink concessions on and therefore none of the employees were there's. Same with stewarding.

Really interesting, cheers TomJonesBlade

It looks to me like the club is being run fairly sensibly and still making a sizable loss every season. This is the situation for every club not benefiting from parachute payments. To put it in FFP context: if we're losing 10 million a year, we only afford to increase that by 2-3 million before running into the danger of violating P&S rules. Even owners wealthier than the ones we have now would face that problem, by the way--the difference would be that we wouldn't have to sell a David Brooks every season to cover the losses.
No mate. Not even close at moment. Losses after player sales were £1.9m and when you take off costs of running academy, ladies side and other allowables for FFP we won't be far off break even. Last year we were at about £4m. FFP is £39m over 3 seasons so even we will be well within next year as well. Who knows in 2/3 time how things will pan but FFP is nothing to worry about for at least 5 years if we stay in this division.

Thank you!

Such as would then be my next question?
The big one for football clubs tends to be the amortisation of intangible assets, which is spreading a players transfer fee over the length of their contract, or the club might just have a policy to spread all over 3 years for example. So buying Egan will create a cost of £4m / 3 = £1.33m in our accounts for the next 3 years.

You've seen what's happened at the rust bucket haven't you? People complain now. I don't have the answer not pretend I have. We're near the top and gates aren't approaching 30k. How do you think an increase would have affected us for this seasons prices?

get yer hands in yer pockets, tight feckers

No mate. Not even close at moment. Losses after player sales were £1.9m and when you take off costs of running academy, ladies side and other allowables for FFP we won't be far off break even. Last year we were at about £4m. FFP is £39m over 3 seasons so even we will be well within next year as well. Who knows in 2/3 time how things will pan but FFP is nothing to worry about for at least 5 years if we stay in this division.

Useful info, thanks! I'd forgotten that some of those losses didn't count towards FFP.

I'd have to go a long way to catch up with your disposable brass ST, so you can fuck off with that! :D

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result get McCabe to pay for the fucker"

Back
Top Bottom