Fiddling away in High Court while our Premier League chances burn.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Woodwardfan

Woodwardfan
Reaction score
Wednesdayites couldn't write the script, it beggars belief.

SUFC income multiplies this year by way above £100m. In the Championship our income was around £20m.

We are in Court for another 3 weeks, who knows when the judgement will be made and whether there will be an appeal. In all likelihood there will be a split-ruling between the owners and then they have to find a way to work together anyway, at least to sell-up.. The season will probably be under way before any positive actions come from either party.

Should McCabe win 100% control then a takeover has to be undertaken and formalised. That can take weeks and weeks.

OK all this has been said before but my simple question is - "What is going to happen to all the extra money in the meantime?"

If rumours are true that the spending budget for this summer is only £20m. What happens to all the rest of the new cash?

The January Transfer Window will be an opportunity to invest in the playing squad but we all know the best deals don't happen then and incoming players need to settle into the club.

What's the earliest date that proper funding can be introduced for the manager to spend?

If Wilder is content to take on the Premier League with just the £20m then I'm worried anyway, despite his confidence and his achievements to date.

What happens to all the cash that is swishing around S2? The sale price of the club is supposed to be £140m if KM gains 100% control, it's obvious where that goes.

If we only spend £20m what profit will our club make during the 12 months we are relegated? Loads and loads! Even after that we receive monumental parachute payments. Then we will be recovering a downward momentum rather than building on our upward momentum.

Hey you two owners. Where's t'money gooing?

There isn’t going to be extra money McCabe wants his 80 million back , wages , add to that 20-30 million on transfers , it’s all gone. Hopefully Chris can save us from relegation but the new investors will want to see returns.?

"What is going to happen to all the extra money in the meantime?"

Exactly what would've happened if the two owners weren't in court. It will get spent on either transfers, wages, ground/training facility improvements or one of the many other ways in which football clubs manage to spend all of their money (and then some). The club hasn't stopped functioning because the two owners are in court. Wilder said weeks ago that the budget was all sorted, though he hadn't been told a specific number.

There isn’t going to be extra money McCabe wants his 80 million back , wages , add to that 20-30 million on transfers , it’s all gone. Hopefully Chris can save us from relegation but the new investors will want to see returns.?

How does McCabe get £80m (?) back without winning the court case and selling the club?

Exactly what would've happened if the two owners weren't in court. It will get spent on either transfers, wages, ground/training facility improvements or one of the many other ways in which football clubs manage to spend all of their money (and then some). The club hasn't stopped functioning because the two owners are in court. Wilder said weeks ago that the budget was all sorted, though he hadn't been told a specific number.

People need to understand that the club, McCabe and The Prince are separate legal entities.

This court case is just something to moan about, it won’t impact the operations and signings of the club.

I also don’t like all this ‘we’ve got £100m’ talk. That’s broadly the revenue we’ll earn next season. Against that we will have a wage bill approaching £50m (as a guesstimate), then we’ll have other operating costs that befit a PL club. We’ll also spend around £20m-£30m (one would assume) on players to be able to compete. These signings will therefore give us a ‘cost’ next season of around £10m (this is not the same as cash as they’ll be amortised over assumed 3 year contracts).

Ideally we’ll turn a profit of around £30m and this will allow us to both compete and build the following season. At which point the costs go up again and the profit reduces. At some point if we stay up we end up not making a profit.

Who would invest in football?!

• Banned
This court case is just something to moan about, it won’t impact the operations and signings of the club.

I also don’t like all this ‘we’ve got £100m’ talk. That’s broadly the revenue we’ll earn next season. Against that we will have a wage bill approaching £50m (as a guesstimate), then we’ll have other operating costs that befit a PL club. We’ll also spend around £20m-£30m (one would assume) on players to be able to compete. These signings will therefore give us a ‘cost’ next season of around £10m (this is not the same as cash as they’ll be amortised over assumed 3 year contracts).

Ideally we’ll turn a profit of around £30m and this will allow us to both compete and build the following season. At which point the costs go up again and the profit reduces. At some point if we stay up we end up not making a profit.

Who would invest in football?!

My whole point is that the business will not get done in time and enough cash will not get spent before the Transfer Window shuts in August.

£20m budget just doesn't facilitate the numbers you are quoting.

• Banned

The club doesn't stop functioning but we've only got a quarter tank full of petrol for the journey.

It's a bit of a challenge when most of your competitors are on Superleaded and have a full tank and a trailer with reserves on it.

My whole point is that the business will not get done in time and enough cash will not get spent before the Transfer Window shuts in August.

£20m budget just doesn't facilitate the numbers you are quoting.

Why won't it get done in time? How is the court case stopping it from happening?

SUFC income multiplies this year by way above £100m. In the Championship our income was around £20m.

We are in Court for another 3 weeks, who knows when the judgement will be made and whether there will be an appeal. In all likelihood there will be a split-ruling between the owners and then they have to find a way to work together anyway, at least to sell-up.. The season will probably be under way before any positive actions come from either party.

Should McCabe win 100% control then a takeover has to be undertaken and formalised. That can take weeks and weeks.

OK all this has been said before but my simple question is - "What is going to happen to all the extra money in the meantime?"

If rumours are true that the spending budget for this summer is only £20m. What happens to all the rest of the new cash?

The January Transfer Window will be an opportunity to invest in the playing squad but we all know the best deals don't happen then and incoming players need to settle into the club.

What's the earliest date that proper funding can be introduced for the manager to spend?

If Wilder is content to take on the Premier League with just the £20m then I'm worried anyway, despite his confidence and his achievements to date.

What happens to all the cash that is swishing around S2? The sale price of the club is supposed to be £140m if KM gains 100% control, it's obvious where that goes.

If we only spend £20m what profit will our club make during the 12 months we are relegated? Loads and loads! Even after that we receive monumental parachute payments. Then we will be recovering a downward momentum rather than building on our upward momentum.

The situation between the owners is no different to what is was 12 months ago, or in January.

We spent money then, we will spend money now.

The thing that some posters on here seem to be missing is that regardless of how much we receive for promotion, whether it is £100m or £200m, 100% of it will be spent by the club on the club, whether that is on player transfer fees, wages or whatever. This football club does not make a profit. Our owners do not make a profit. The only way that they do is if they sell up.

You ever considered reading the forum for a bit of research before posting speculative nonsense ?

Hopefully, any new investors will understand that the only chance that they’ll have of seeing a return on their investment will be by the club staying in and then progressing in the top tier, and that they have the means to help Wilder achieve this. The Premier League is the only one in the UK where an owner could genuinely hope to be able to speculate to accumulate.

I recall the Prince’s sidekick saying in his early days that he was going to be a different type of owner and he wouldn’t be splashing the cash. I think we all know why he said that now.

A budget has been agreed, Chris has said he's happy with the budget.
They aren't involved in the transfer negotiations, or tactics and on field training.
Neither the Prince nor McCabe have anything to do with the day to day running of the club, they have people in place that already do that.

So, given the above, where's the actual fire?

Why do people feel the need to post threads about issues which they clearly don’t understand in the slightest?

It’s going to be a long summer on here.

To discuss it further which would help them learn more about it from people who have a greater understanding of what's going on...

No-one forces you to read every thread created, you are more then welcome to back out without adding a comment. Not everyone knows all the in's and out's out the club and this court case, myself included. If people want to discuss it, let them and if you've got something to add then make sure it educates them on the subject rather than just saying they shouldn't post if they don't understand.

I don't understand much about my car, how everything works and why things go wrong, but it doesn't stop me asking on forums when I try to correct the problem and gain a better understanding.

200w.gif

SUFC gets the money, not the owners. They just have to agree an overall budget.

Exactly and the fact is that two hopefuls who are each praying they will win the court case, rather than knowing whether they'll even have a half share anymore, will not agree as big a budget as they would if they were here for the longer haul. If anybody disagrees with that logic then we clearly differ in opinion.

Not only that but neither will know their personal stake in the club until the case is concluded and the judge rules. That could be weeks and weeks. Fact, not opinion.

When the case is decided then each of the two owners will have a share each or one will have nothing at all. If they still have a share then the bigger shareholder will presumably make decisions. Could be in September, even later.

If McCabe wins 100% he will sell the club but won't hand over the full control until his shares are fully purchased. That could be anytime. Fact.

Compared with continuing owners with the medium to long term interests of the club in mind, the squabbling pair will not commit any more than absolutely necessary. If the potential new American owners had bought from McCabe already, it stands to sense to me that they would be investing much more heavily than we are right now. That's opinion.

To discuss it further which would help them learn more about it from people who have a greater understanding of what's going on...

No-one forces you to read every thread created, you are more then welcome to back out without adding a comment. Not everyone knows all the in's and out's out the club and this court case, myself included. If people want to discuss it, let them and if you've got something to add then make sure it educates them on the subject rather than just saying they shouldn't post if they don't understand.

I don't understand much about my car, how everything works and why things go wrong, but it doesn't stop me asking on forums when I try to correct the problem and gain a better understanding.
Sorry, but that’s bollocks.

There must already be 20+ threads where this has been discussed to death in detail. If the OP wants to learn more about it then he can read any of those, rather than starting a new one.

If you are happy reading endless, tedious, uninformed threads on the same topic then go ahead, but I would imagine the vast majority of posters on here aren’t.

Exactly and the fact is that two hopefuls who are each praying they will win the court case, rather than knowing whether they'll even have a half share anymore, will not agree as big a budget as they would if they were here for the longer haul. If anybody disagrees with that logic then we clearly differ in opinion.

Not only that but neither will know their personal stake in the club until the case is concluded and the judge rules. That could be weeks and weeks. Fact, not opinion.

When the case is decided then each of the two owners will have a share each or one will have nothing at all. If they still have a share then the bigger shareholder will presumably make decisions. Could be in September, even later.

If McCabe wins 100% he will sell the club but won't hand over the full control until his shares are fully purchased. That could be anytime. Fact.

Compared with continuing owners with the medium to long term interests of the club in mind, the squabbling pair will not commit any more than absolutely necessary. If the potential new American owners had bought from McCabe already, it stands to sense to me that they would be investing much more heavily than we are right now. That's opinion.

Well you’d expect both to want to protect an investment - which they may or not hold at some point in the future - to achieve maximum selling price. So putting the club at the bottom of the PL with the best manager for years unhappy or gone, isn't likely to be at the top of either agenda. They won’t make money from the PL funding, other than the club buying the ground off them possibly, money will be made by selling the club.

This, £20m budget. Is there any genuine substance to it? It's bandied about based on throwaway comments. Is it for transfer fees, fees plus new wages? What? To base an opinion based on a figure that’s not even written in sand let alone stone just gives rise to thoughts of a wholly negative agenda.

That's a great story, if you ignore the bit where Wilder has already said that the budget is already sorted.

Back
Top Bottom