Fiddling away in High Court while our Premier League chances burn.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with much of what you say Woody, fans who think we can easily get significant money to spent in this window as we stand are in cloud cuckoo land in my view. Secured against what or whom when no one knows who the owner will be?
Hence by their inability to reach a prompt out of court settlement this shows to me they are both in it for themselves more than the club or they'd settle quickly.
Time is important if we are to buy before the end of this window and we know from before in the Prem leaving it until the JTW is often too late.
Both sides are being dick heads at present.
Wonder if our US friends are just waiting knowing they will have a distressed sale at a cheaper price if they are patient or surely they would have offered them both a way out by now..

Doesn’t your final paragraph contradict your second?

We borrowed money last year. Secured on monies due from Bournemouth. The charge was against the club.

Indeed, fairly standard for a club to borrow against guaranteed future earnings, like staged transfer instalments. We borrowed against the money awarded from West Ham too that was to be paid in instalments.

That’s nonsense, I’m sorry but the banks know that we’ll be receiving around £100m (maybe more). Therefore if we want to spend £20m this pre season then they’ll lend us that.

We don’t really need Prince and Kev to be best mates to guarantee this, we just need them to not behave like utter cunts. I’d hope that they are capable of this for the good of the club.

The whole OP is based around two things. A £20m budget that has no breakdown as to what it might include and a comment about which has no genuine provenance, together with questions about what are we doing with all this extra money we may have without actually having a clue as to when it arrives.

Plus a bit of scaremongering about being unable to borrow money.

As an ex- banker I commented on a banker's concerns above.

Unless the two owners will petsonally guarantee the loans. Not sure they will.

If plenty of the cash is front-loaded as you say then you alleviate my concerns but only IF the budget is enough.
The whole OP is based around two things. A £20m budget that has no breakdown as to what it might include and a comment about which has no genuine provenance, together with questions about what are we doing with all this extra money we may have without actually having a clue as to when it arrives.

Nothing better than some juicy scaremongering to stimulate erudite discussion and a good bout of slagging off.

Does anybody know when is the income arriving? Is it gradual over the season? Apart from season ticket income not much else will be received up front.

There will be plenty of early outgoing expense on the other hand, although transfer fees can be paid in instalments.

My anxiety is about cash flow between now and the end of the summer transfer window. I sense neither owner will be keen to bridge the time gap between expenditure and income. Neither knows whether they will get it back although it could be injected by loan. Is that likely? KM is against company debt. Any banker would be wary of the ownership dispute.

I agree each owner would hope to protect their asset value; if only they were sure they had asset value in there!

I was similarly concerned this time last year and the budget came eventually - cash deposits. This time there are much bigger numbers but at least there is certainly plenty of guaranteed income on it's way. Last season we spent £5m on transfer fees alone. If the budget is indeed £20m it's nowhere near enough, not half enough.

No. Read the thread maybe.

Read it. Unlike you, who seems to post without researching threads elsewhere which cover the same subject. Don't treat me like an idiot. You'll find I have a better grasp of reality and the present than you seem to do.

Again, you have no idea what’s happening behind the scenes. Saying that we aren’t spending money - without knowing even if any money has already been received - despite ongoing ground improvements and rather obvious wage increases.

They haven’t “timed” this themselves. The fall out occurred months ago. Take overs take time but court cases shouldn’t? Come on.

You gone from full on McCabist, to backing the Prince and now wishing a plague on both their houses.

We’ve been here before with your Old Moore’s Almanac predictions, and look what happened then.

I don't back the prince at all and I don't say money is not being spent on non-playing costs.

When anybody talks about 'the budget' they and I refer to the transfer kitty, nothing else. Obviously.

Woodwardfan is back attempting to spread his panic. FFS the budget has already been agreed and in any case the co owners despite not agreeing are not dumb enough to wilfully wreck any chance of the club staying in the Premier league, at least I don't think they are.
My God when does the season start and the madness on here stop?

I don't back the prince at all and I don't say money is not being spent on non-playing costs.

When anybody talks about 'the budget' they and I refer to the transfer kitty, nothing else. Obviously.

“OK all this has been said before but my simple question is - "What is going to happen to all the extra money in the meantime?"

“If we only spend £20m what profit will our club make during the 12 months we are relegated?”

“In actual fact my first preference would be for the prince to prevail as KM has done enough over the years and clearly is uncomfortable with his past levels of lost money. The prince to prevail and give Wilder a boost with a new improved and longer contract plus a commitment to back the manager's vision, that would be perfect.”

Why do people feel the need to post threads about issues which they clearly don’t understand in the slightest?

It’s going to be a long summer on here.
:shark:
If only there was a separate area full of these threads.........................................................

You ever considered reading the forum for a bit of research before posting speculative nonsense ?
:shark::shark:

200w.gif

Tut. Cartoon.
:shark::shark::shark:

Sorry, but that’s bollocks.

There must already be 20+ threads where this has been discussed to death in detail. If the OP wants to learn more about it then he can read any of those, rather than starting a new one.

If you are happy reading endless, tedious, uninformed threads on the same topic then go ahead, but I would imagine the vast majority of posters on here aren’t.
:shark::shark::shark::shark:

Well you’d expect both to want to protect an investment - which they may or not hold at some point in the future - to achieve maximum selling price. So putting the club at the bottom of the PL with the best manager for years unhappy or gone, isn't likely to be at the top of either agenda. They won’t make money from the PL funding, other than the club buying the ground off them possibly, money will be made by selling the club.

This, £20m budget. Is there any genuine substance to it? It's bandied about based on throwaway comments. Is it for transfer fees, fees plus new wages? What? To base an opinion based on a figure that’s not even written in sand let alone stone just gives rise to thoughts of a wholly negative agenda.

Is WoodwardFan actually Brian the Blade?

Again, you have no idea what’s happening behind the scenes. Saying that we aren’t spending money - without knowing even if any money has already been received - despite ongoing ground improvements and rather obvious wage increases.

They haven’t “timed” this themselves. The fall out occurred months ago. Take overs take time but court cases shouldn’t? Come on.

You gone from full on McCabist, to backing the Prince and now wishing a plague on both their houses.

We’ve been here before with your Old Moore’s Almanac predictions, and look what happened then.
:shark::shark::shark:

Woodwardfan is back attempting to spread his panic. FFS the budget has already been agreed and in any case the co owners despite not agreeing are not dumb enough to wilfully wreck any chance of the club staying in the Premier league, at least I don't think they are.
My God when does the season start and the madness on here stop?

Last edited:
you alleviate my concerns but only IF the budget is enough.

Budget.

Great word that, but which budget and what for ?

The Desso has a budget, groundskeepers wages, water, fertiliser, heating and lighting, repairs and renewals.

Or just player acquisitions, that is another budget.

Players wages, yet another budget.

So which budget and how much is enough in your opinion ?

We're we not in boardroom turmoil the whole of last season'

That interfered not one jot with on the field matters. So why should it scupper us this season. Both McCabe and the Prince are merely fiddling in the orchestra pit while the play is in full swing.

Quit talking sense.

Though an increased transfer (player acquisition) budget, also brings an increased wage budget.

So if the wage budget rises to £ 50 million and the player acquisitions cost £ 20/30 million.

Total additional expenditure, (budget) has become some £ 80 million.

Budget...

Good to see so many posters relaxed about things in S2 this summer.

Let's hope you are right.

That was Oct 2017, two years ago when things were honky dory. Poor show ShockingBadBuy.

That doesn't mean I support the prince above McCabe.

I'm totally cheesed off with both right now as you well know.

Poor show@SeanThornton.

It’s not “poor show”.

That would be insinuating we were unable to borrow money, using an unsubstantiated figure as if its gospel and reliving your last years fears about the budget despite our success last season.

May 2018, things weren’t hunky dory then

“In actual fact my first preference would be for the prince to prevail as KM has done enough over the years and clearly is uncomfortable with his past levels of lost money. The prince to prevail and give Wilder a boost with a new improved and longer contract plus a commitment to back the manager's vision, that would be perfect.”

Same post

“I have never said this is about the negotiations over the future ownership of the club, they have to take their course but the summer budget has to be set urgently.”

Same approach just over a year ago. How did this last season work out, despite your budgetary fears?

Last edited:
The club doesn't stop functioning but we've only got a quarter tank full of petrol for the journey.

It's a bit of a challenge when most of your competitors are on Superleaded and have a full tank and a trailer with reserves on it.

17 clubs in the Prem haven’t made a signing yet. We didn’t make any signings this time last year.

WHAT HAPPENS TO PEOPLE DURING CLOSE SEASON?! :D:rolleyes:

Presumably some common sense will prevail and the club will be able to spend some money on players as happened last season.
But I think that expenditure was court sanctioned through an agreement between the owners.
As it stands now there seems little chance on either of them agreeing on very much and while the club and owners are technically different things very little is likely to get signed off without approval from the top.
It's a sad situation for Wilder to find himself in after all he's achieved.

Wednesdayites couldn't write the script, it beggars belief.

SUFC income multiplies this year by way above £100m. In the Championship our income was around £20m.

We are in Court for another 3 weeks, who knows when the judgement will be made and whether there will be an appeal. In all likelihood there will be a split-ruling between the owners and then they have to find a way to work together anyway, at least to sell-up.. The season will probably be under way before any positive actions come from either party.

Should McCabe win 100% control then a takeover has to be undertaken and formalised. That can take weeks and weeks.

OK all this has been said before but my simple question is - "What is going to happen to all the extra money in the meantime?"

If rumours are true that the spending budget for this summer is only £20m. What happens to all the rest of the new cash?

The January Transfer Window will be an opportunity to invest in the playing squad but we all know the best deals don't happen then and incoming players need to settle into the club.

What's the earliest date that proper funding can be introduced for the manager to spend?

If Wilder is content to take on the Premier League with just the £20m then I'm worried anyway, despite his confidence and his achievements to date.

What happens to all the cash that is swishing around S2? The sale price of the club is supposed to be £140m if KM gains 100% control, it's obvious where that goes.

If we only spend £20m what profit will our club make during the 12 months we are relegated? Loads and loads! Even after that we receive monumental parachute payments. Then we will be recovering a downward momentum rather than building on our upward momentum.

Hey you two owners. Where's t'money gooing?
Horrible negativity so early on.

You have to give Wilder an actual chance to spend before producing a thread like this.

It's the start of June.

Back
Top Bottom