Fiddling away in High Court while our Premier League chances burn.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Come on you Blades who rounded on me for suggesting the club could not 'carry on as normal' in the transfer window with the ownership battle in full flow.

Some of you were rather strident in your posts.

Have the balls to acknowledge it was not so ridiculous. I certainly would if I were you.

giphy.gif

Well, it turns out the Prince personally got us from £20M to£40M but he had to personally guarantee the McBurnie signing and KM didn't fancy the Mousset deal either.

The two owners were still meeting about mutual compromise the week before the judgement. Remarkable.

Opinon should be expressed on forum, it doesn't have to be fact. In this case there was smoke and their was a fire underlying it. It was worthy debate.Some posters were so adamant and strident.

Give it a rest.

Would it not be easier for you to admit that you didn’t really know, and you got lucky?

There's luck and there's instinct and knowledge and experience built up over many years.😘

Good to get at least a few reactions!

Yours GBS is your most polite post to me in a while. Respect where its due.

There's luck and there's instinct and knowledge and experience built up over many years.😘

Good to get at least a few reactions!

Yours GBS is your most polite post to me in a while. Respect where its due.

I must be slipping, keep an eye out

Certainly looks like KM was steering the expenditure to £20m or thereabouts.

I'll declare my much sought after source in my memoirs.🤞😁

Anaysis of rank posters on this thread:14. Time wasters i.m.o.

Reasonable/ good posters enhancing debate: 27

Excellent posters: 8

Not counting myself of course.

For interest, i.m.o Sean flitted into the rank section 3 or 4 times but his other 198 posts were solid middle category!! He has plenty to offer. ;)

For interest, i.m.o Sean flitted into the rank section 3 or 4 times but his other 198 posts were solid middle category!! He has plenty to offer. ;)

If and when this thread defends into an argument, as most of yours do, we can pinpoint this goading comment as the spark that re-ignited it. Why do you feel the need to dredge things up and cause trouble?

:shark:

If and when this thread defends into an argument, as most of yours do, we can pinpoint this goading comment as the spark that re-ignited it. Why do you feel the need to dredge things up and cause trouble?

To be fair, I yearn for validation from strangers on the interwebz over the quality of my shitposting. The thought off WWF believing me to be a waste of time makes me moist.

If we back out the Mousset and McBurnie money and believe what the HRH camp have said it sure looks like the original "agreed" budget CW was "appy" with was less than £20, arm twisting then got Mousset and HRH under wrote McBurnie. Please ask KM on Satdi for his version.
Had this extra not happened it would have been concerning and looking like another 2006/7 season for me trying get away with it on the cheap and we know how that turned out.
If all this turns out to be truth we own HRH a few pints (of tea).

If we back out the Mousset and McBurnie money and believe what the HRH camp have said it sure looks like the original "agreed" budget CW was "appy" with was less than £20, arm twisting then got Mousset and HRH under wrote McBurnie. Please ask KM on Satdi for his version.
Had this extra not happened it would have been concerning and looking like another 2006/7 season for me trying get away with it on the cheap and we know how that turned out.
If all this turns out to be truth we own HRH a few pints (of tea).

Tbf, I imagine the McCabe position wasn’t to not spend over £20m, but to simply not spend as much as the £45m we were rumoured to have ended up spending. But what’s clear is we would have had to go now to players that weren’t at the top of the manager’s wish list. Of the McBurnie/Mousset £30m, he might have been willing to go up to £15-20m on further striker spending for example. I expect he’ll defend himself to that effect on Saturday. But on that front, the 2006-07 comparison is probably a fair one.

A love for the forum and a spotlight on the members who spoil threads with childish and futile nonsense while a proper debate is going on. They appeal to each other in a lttle clique and regularly drive sincere posters away from a thread.

My label of 'sharks' is placed on that group who see a drop of 'blood in tbe water' , mine on this thread early on, and join a feeding frenzy. Posting for effect and 'liking' any other spoiler who does the same.

Thankfully there are fewer sharks these days but there are trolls and personal vendettas which also divert away from healthy debates. Look hard into the mirror if you are one WestYorksBlade.

For newer members, there lies the 'Sharks and Mirrors" idea.

Dragging up old posts to try and prove how right you were doesn't float my boat.

However, its downright bizarre when there's no reason to suggest you were really right anyway.

What does it matter if I was 'right' or close or wrong.

As it turned out there was a fire creating the smoke and I smelled it.

If some fans were onto it, then our manager was at the time. He visited the prince and sorted if out. Fact? My version, an intelligent guess I mentioned on the day

Most fans swallowed the 'party line' coming from club official sources which Wilder has to take care not to offend. Study his words closely when he spoke about the budget at the time.

Right, wrong. Near, far - Wilder found a way and fan 'noise' would have helped him more at the time. Just like the previous summer which turned out well but was touch and go.

Always try to find ways to support the manager I say.

Bah, typing on a phone. Should read '34 times'. Still not bad!!

😂😂😉😁

Back
Top Bottom