Fiddling away in High Court while our Premier League chances burn.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All them for 20m :cool:
and idiots in south barnsley paid how much for Rhodes....that worked out well for em
😆 😆 😂
If true sky sports saying we have spent 43 mill
8 signings= 5.375 mill each...not bad
bugger me we have enough left over to get a prem league program seller

"Buy your program from me £3 english pounds only.."

Last edited:
I was going to say more or less what ST said. They both believe they have a case and a good chance of winning. They wouldn’t go to court otherwise. If you expect to win, you’re going to want to ‘win’ a club with as good a chance of staying up as it can have, not one that will definitely go down (without Wilder to sort it out as he’d have walked if he wasn’t given money, there’s no way he would take responsibility for a Derby/Sunderland situation).

Whilst you can argue that emotion has made our owners act foolishly, they’re not fools. The money has come from the PL, they’ve allowed CW to invest it, knowing that the winner will benefit from it and the loser will be no worse off. It was always the most likely outcome.

Sometimes Mr Bush you do talk sense

Re: Humble Pie.

My recent post below stated my feelings.

I am absolutely delighted about the level of spending and was worrying unnecessarily a month ago. Nobody is more impressed and ecstatic than I am.
I hope that nobody thinks I sought to agitate against the club. I have supported McCabe through lean years on here but I simply cannot excuse him over the tangle he has created with the prince. I thought it would hamper our investment this summer and I still think it has ( in P.L. terms) but we have exceeded what I hoped for already in the circumstances. The forum is here for us to express opinions surely.

UTB.

The thought of apologising for expressing a personal opinion is simply inappropriate. I still think it was a worthwhile debate despite the various distracters from the discussion.

Take a look at the O.P. to read what I actually said and you will see facts quoted as facts, rumours stated as rumours and opinion not quoted as fact in any way.

I am one very happy Blade right now but I will be happier when the Transfer Window and the court case are over and we have new owners, hopefully.

As George Bernard Shaw said: "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing" I worried unnecessarily as it turns out but worry I did - and I said so.

More like the thirty six.

He said 'until the 6 rocked up', that suggests those 6 did what they do, nothing useful. I'm not sure there were 6 in fact.

Others managed to disagree, sometimes passionately, without anything like personal abuse.

We spent money then, we will spend money now."

WTF are we to do in January then, if we have spent all the monnneee already. The new magic money tree will never have grown by then.o_O

Beer up buy 30p a pint ?
Cheap Fatty Folk pies ?
Programmes £ 3.75 ?
Turn off the lights ?

Last edited:
Well, it turns out the Prince personally got us from £20M to£40M but he had to personally guarantee the McBurnie signing and KM didn't fancy the Mousset deal either.

The two owners were still meeting about mutual compromise the week before the judgement. Remarkable.

Opinon should be expressed on forum, it doesn't have to be fact. In this case there was smoke and their was a fire underlying it. It was worthy debate.Some posters were so adamant and strident.

Opinon should be expressed on forum, it doesn't have to be fact.

Sure. And equally, facts like “this is still far earlier than when we made signings the last two seasons” should be pointed out as a result. It wasn’t blind faith that called out the original post as reactionary nonsense, it was based on basic facts like “what is the date?”, “has wilder already said he’s happy with the budget and pursuing targets?”, and “how active is the market now anyway?”

“Fiddling away on an Internet forum while the club goes about getting its business done” might have been a more accurate thread title.

Sure. And equally, facts like “this is still far earlier than when we made signings the last two seasons” should be pointed out as a result. It wasn’t blind faith that called out the original post as reactionary nonsense, it was based on basic facts like “what is the date?”, “has wilder already said he’s happy with the budget and pursuing targets?”, and “how active is the market now anyway?”

“Fiddling away on an Internet forum while the club goes about getting its business done” might have been a more accurate thread title.

I think Widers meeting with the prince with '51 days to goin the transfer window' was key. They may well have grown closer in recent months. Wilder wiil have been aware of KM's reticence over the big signings.

As for the 'fiddling away' quote, it had a ring to it, not intended to be taken literally as the O.P. clearly stated.

Brave response Loughborough. First of a good few I guess.

Come on you Blades who rounded on me for suggesting the club could not 'carry on as normal' in the transfer window with the ownership battle in full flow.

Some of you were rather strident in your posts.

Have the balls to acknowledge it was not so ridiculous. I certainly would if I were you.

Come on you Blades who rounded on me for suggesting the club could not 'carry on as normal' in the transfer window with the ownership battle in full flow.

Have the balls to acknowledge it was not so ridiculous. I certainly would if I were you.

tenor.gif

giphy[1].gif

Would it not be easier for you to admit that you didn’t really know, and you got lucky?

Back
Top Bottom