Feel for Billy ..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wavy-blade

Reaction score
He must be a bit pissed off , but happy we have won , theirs one thing you can say about Wilder there no room for sentiment when it come to the team , Duffy tries it on and he's gone ( left on the bench at stoke yet to play , god knows how he feels tonight ) .

Keep your head up Billy its a long season and WE WILL NEED YOU , and a lot of the others players on the bench at the moment .
TBH the players we have on the bench excites me , our squad is the best its ever been .

Agree.....but the team/ club is more important than any one player.....and like a true captain Billy leads by example and puts the team/ club before himself.

It also makes me think Ravel can’t be happy either....not even good enough to get a place on the subs bench.
Must say though.......we have an incredibly strong bench.....doesn’t really matter test much if we pick up an injury.

Pissed off why? We go to Bournemouth and get a result surely you start the same team?

I think he is a team player and will be made up for us winning our first game in the Premier League this season.
May be I should have said pissed off at not starting or getting on , but I thought people would have worked that out .

I bet Duffy is more pissed off. Leaves us to play football, doesn't start a game, or even come off the bench, whilst we're 4 points from 2 games and unbeaten. Regrets maybe?

He’s started as many games as our club record signing. Of course he’ll be disappointed to be not starting – everyone will be who isn’t.

He’s also on the bench when our second record signing is not.

He’s started as many games as our club record signing. Of course he’ll be disappointed to be not starting – everyone will be who isn’t.

He’s also on the bench when our second record signing is not.
And that could turn out to be the final nail !!

Lys pushing Sharp down the pecking order and it will be exit visas in Jan !

UTB

And that could turn out to be the final nail !!

Lys pushing Sharp down the pecking order and it will be exit visas in Jan !

UTB
Ermm that depends on how good Lys is , no one has seen him play ? and if Billy keeps poaching goals he aint going no where ,to be fair Billy deserves a chance to start a match .

I expected Billy to come on for Didsy on the hour (he looked a bit jaded, although he had improved from a bit of a mare first half), but, we won, it will take a brave man or a fool to argue with CWAK's decision making at the mo.
It's just great to know we have options that can potentially hurt the opposition that we don't even have to use, cos were in control.

I bet Duffy is more pissed off. Leaves us to play football, doesn't start a game, or even come off the bench, whilst we're 4 points from 2 games and unbeaten. Regrets maybe?

Where was it said he left to play football? Wilder said he wanted an improved contract, Wilder said no, he said he would look for a contract elsewhere, Wilder said ok.

Agree.....but the team/ club is more important than any one player.....and like a true captain Billy leads by example and puts the team/ club before himself.

It also makes me think Ravel can’t be happy either....not even good enough to get a place on the subs bench.
Must say though.......we have an incredibly strong bench.....doesn’t really matter test much if we pick up an injury.
We’ve got a bloody strong squad that can & will compete with the majority of teams this season.

Ermm that depends on how good Lys is , no one has seen him play ? and if Billy keeps poaching goals he aint going no where ,to be fair Billy deserves a chance to start a match .

I’m delighted that Tufty won’t subscribe to sentimental nonsense.

Who cares about Duffy ..he's fked off ..and got a decent send off by Sharp ( by all acouu to he was asking for it ) !! ...Move on ffs

I wouldn't want any of our players to be happy with being on the bench so long as they take it the right way and work harder to get involved.

Wilder mentioned Sharp in his RS interview and simply said that he might feel unlucky not to have been involved but there wasn't anyone who deserved dropping for him.

Duffy was superb for us over the last 3 years and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play but he made his own bed.

Sharp will no doubt be disappointed not to play but I'm sure will have a more pragmatic view.

4 points from 2 games is an excellent start and thoroughly deserved.

I wouldn't want any of our players to be happy with being on the bench so long as they take it the right way and work harder to get involved.

Wilder mentioned Sharp in his RS interview and simply said that he might feel unlucky not to have been involved but there wasn't anyone who deserved dropping for him.

Quite, but the ‘deserves to start’ noise and nonsense persists. Happily, the manager will have none of it, from or on behalf of any of the players. Billy will be used mainly as a substitute this season and likely to do it very well, in my view.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Sharp v Vardy showdown next week!

It's a long season. Everyone will need to be ready to contribute.

At 33/34 putting all our stock in Billy would've been a mistake. But having him fresh to start when needed or poach one when we need won't be.

I think Chris is right that we need some running at the top of the pitch and whilst Billy will run his blood to water, you can't expect the same mobility as Robinson.

McGoldrick is just unique to how we play and retain possession. Just needs to scuff one off his toe end. But he hardly ever gives the ball away which is incredible given he plays high up the pitch.

Bare in mind we had two off injured, plus we were winning late on. I reckon he would have been used given different circumstances.

Also bare in mind we won’t be be winning every game at 70min mark, so he will be used to change that!

I’d say McBurnie acts much better at the striker for eke-ing out a result, his physicality broke up the play excellently late on

As gidds said on the radio yesterday at the end of the game..."John Lundstrum being given a big bear hug by Billy Sharp"

Hey Billy, you know, we know, we love you, we always have.

You will be there as club captain and we will follow you wherever you take us.

Score us a few goals maybe, but it matters not.

Take over from Wilder, keep the great man on the payroll, take us forward. What a combination.

Billy has demonstrated leadership with us. Whether he can be a Wilder , who knows?

Wilder will know.

Back
Top Bottom