Favourite Niche/Cult Blades Moments

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadly_D'Jaffo

Reaction score
Was watching a bit on Jimmy Glass, the goalie at Carlisle who went up for a corner in ET and scuffled a winning goal which prevented them from going into the (then) Conference league.

So test your memory - What are our cult moments that stand out?

Few of mine would be;

- Pesch "OMG OMG" in the PO semi final 02/03.

- Des Walker own goal was a truly, beautiful moment in the same game.

- Morgs powerslamming Tevez at home 2006/2007 without even raising his arms.

- Brooksy megging Jack Hunt at the Sty.

- Marcello "2 shirts" goal celebration against Coventry FA Cup 1998.

- Deano lobbing Grobalaar at home 1992.

Basham at Leeds.

Pesch v Forest

Tonge and Akinbiyis goals v Pigs.

Deane megging Woods

Brooks megging Hunt

Fleck at Northampton

Tonge v Liverpool in cup

Jagielka v Leeds

Kabba v Leeds

Dellas hitting the bar and it going straight up in the air

Davison at pigs

Booing Woolford and Hammond off the pitch

Think that's about it TBH. Other than that it's a bit boring

The whole trip to Millwall away on that Warnock documentary.

“Who’s butted ya Paddy?!”

“It’s alright gaffer we’ll see to him (Muscat) after”
“He’s a shithouse”
“Yeah he’s a shithouse gaffer, we’ll see to him after”

“Ayup, that serves you right for Muscat” To every Millwall player walking off after a Derek Geary screamer to win it, with Jagielka in our goal.

Gold. :D

You see this is the kind of stuff that should be concerning us in in the close season. Not feckind McCabe and Princey in court.

Has to be TC sitting on the ball blowing kisses to the Kop while we we 5-0 up against Arsenal, the then Champions.

Before my time. Did TC once get booked for sitting on the ball during a match ?

You see this is the kind of stuff that should be concerning us in in the close season. Not feckind McCabe and Princey in court.

Has to be TC sitting on the ball blowing kisses to the Kop while we we 5-0 up against Arsenal, the then Champions.
sitting in the ball
edit: read OP more carefully!
Newcastle fans making fun of bloke with grey hair before game.. after game ‘fookin ell that grey haired bloke is brilliant!’ (woody)

Arsenal fans on the Kop early 70's, one of them climbs over white railings onto running track, leans back over fence and shouts abuse at Unitedites. Out of the crowd a big fist swings up and smacks him square on the nose.

Arf, arf.

Ndlovu reverse overhead drag back from the touchline, that's the best way I can describe it.

Kozzys cross in to the kop.

I saw this! Was it near the Gangway B side of the JSS when we were attacking towards the away end???

If Peschisolido's goal against Forest is considered a niche moment then you either don't understand the word niche or have absurdly high standards.

More likely the former, but thank you for taking the time out to scrutinise my grammar. I just pray the Mods don't consider it infraction-worthy...

Back
Top Bottom