Favourite Niche/Cult Blades Moments

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A drunken Blade running on the pitch and chinning the linesman shortly after the ref had sent off Simon Tracey at Fratton Park during the late 90s

That’s right, I remember that
I think I've mixed two stories together there. I'm now leaning towards...

He slide tackled a mascot (a character one, not a child, he had limits)
And crouched behind a backward walking Freddie.
What a guy!!

If someone with a better memory than me can piece together the big ol' dust up between the fists, foreheads and elbows of Messrs Hodges and Hirst (plus others) in our March 1992 3-1 victory at Hillsborough, I'd be grateful x

Hodges got sent off in the 1-1 draw. Player went down, nobody saw it, ref spoke to piggy keeper and then sent GH off if I remember right. I was in the North Stand that night, must have been close to 25% red and white.

Hodges got sent off in the 1-1 draw. Player went down, nobody saw it, ref spoke to piggy keeper and then sent GH off if I remember right. I was in the North Stand that night, must have been close to 25% red and white.
It was John Harkes that went down. David Hirst ran to Mitch Wards back in a cowardly way and then Charlie Hartfield quickly sorted him out with a few punches

If someone with a better memory than me can piece together the big ol' dust up between the fists, foreheads and elbows of Messrs Hodges and Hirst (plus others) in our March 1992 3-1 victory at Hillsborough, I'd be grateful x
The punch up was in April 1993. 1-1 draw.

The punch up was in April 1993. 1-1 draw.
Ah ok! That makes sense, I was up in the corner for the 1992 game but my memories of the punch up were from a different perspective - I was only 12 at the time. Is there footage of it? Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom