FAO those drawing conclusions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Match day income rose by £2.2m between the League One title season and our first season back in the Championship. Media income rose by £6.5m.

We made a £10m operating loss in 2017/18. However, as the Walker & Maguire bonus fees were received at the start of that season that would have been budgeted for; we lost £1.9m at the bottom line.

It's all in the accounts. I've even done the difficult work and put it in a table for you.

2014/152015/162016/172017/18
Match Day income
7,654​
7,841​
6,522​
8,734​
Media income
1,864​
1,735​
1,623​
8,102​
Academy income
784​
727​
708​
695​
Facility income
458​
338​
819​
631​
Retail income
-​
-​
1,388​
1,595​
Superdraw income
-​
-​
300​
271​
Turnover
Cost of Sales
(11,294)​
(13,307)​
(11,596)​
(21,758)​
Gross Profit/(Loss)
(535)
(2,666)
(236)
(1,730)
Admin expense exc. Player registrations
(4,286)​
(5,382)​
(5,648)​
(6,299)​
Player Registrations Amortisation
(782)​
(1,681)​
(2,575)​
(2,177)​
Exceptional Admin Expense
-​
(794)​
-​
-​
Operating Profit/(Loss)
(5,603)
(10,523)
(8,459)
(10,206)
Other income
76​
76​
76​
76​
Profit on player sales
2,170​
1,855​
2,740​
8,382​
Total Operating Profit/(Loss)
(3,357)
(8,592)
(5,643)
(1,748)
Interest
(30)​
(44)​
(36)​
(148)​
Profit/(Loss) Before Tax
(3,387)
(8,636)
(5,679)
(1,896)
Corporation Tax
-​
-​
-​
-​
Profit/(Loss) After Tax
(3,387)
(8,636)
(5,679)
(1,896)
Wage bill
10,034​
18,966​
Player wages
5,500​
6,800​
5,700​
13,100​
Player Wages % turnover
51%​
64%​
50%​
65%​

*Retail was only broken out of match day income in the latest set of accounts. I've no idea where the Superdraw income sat previously.

You can moan all you want about "weer'z munneh gone" but it's pretty obvious - all the income and more goes on paying the squad of players and the administration required to run a high-level professional football club. The basic income isn't enough so we have to sell players to bridge the gap. The 2018/19 accounts, when they're released, will be similar to the 2017/18 accounts with a big operating loss offset by the profit on player sales (£11.5m+ for Brooks in this case).

Not that I expect any of this to sink in mind.

There's always one clever chuff In't there ?

Facts ,
Pah, PAH, & thrice PAH !
I spit on your facts

It's sunk in.

As I say, had we no 'profit on player sales' (£8382k - assuming this means the realisation of 10% on Maguire and Walker?) then we'd be further in the shit?

pommpey
Yes and no. The Maguire and Walker money was known about at the start of the season so effectively gave freedom to increase the wage bill. Had that money not come in then I doubt we'd have spent what we did.

The question for me is what would have happened had we not gone up last season. The model needed one major sale per season but thankfully we don't need to worry about that now.

Ha ha. Fook all that.

“ Think Liverpool kind of investment”

The best quote from the McCabes ever.

Im drawing conclusions..

15dx3yg.jpg

The same to you my friend

Has the 'research' been concluded?
To whom do you attribute that (para) phrase re. Liverpool ?

As a 'supplementary' question could you advise who (apparently) 'appointed' said individual (& indeed who expressed reservations / criticicisms/ concerns surrounding his conduct within the Legal Proceedings)

In the hierarchy of sadness are trainspotters deemed more, or less (in)adequate than anglers ?

Where do 'Stobartees' rank?

Edit: yes it does say " RANK"
Stobartees?? is there such a thing?
nowt against fishing mate. but being able to identify a fishing hook is at my end of the spectrum so it was kind of a compliment.. i can identify car tyres from the tread. :D

Stobartees?? is there such a thing?
nowt against fishing mate. but being able to identify a fishing hook is at my end of the spectrum so it was kind of a compliment.. i can identify car tyres from the tread. :D

Apparently so - we've even had 'discussion' (sic) somewhere on here - I learned that each truck has its own (feminine) name ?
I've also nowt against agin sat staring into oblivion for hours on end hoping beyond hope for a nano second of excitement - but TuftyKnill changed all that
However I will NOT tolerate any bastard that sings maggots instead of Magnet
I share you vehicle recognition capacity albeit only when it's run over me

Apparently so - we've even had 'discussion' (sic) somewhere on here - I learned that each truck has its own (feminine) name ?
I've also nowt against agin sat staring into oblivion for hours on end hoping beyond hope for a nano second of excitement - but TuftyKnill changed all that
so Stobart are sexist then. i'll make a youtube feed :D

georgebernardshaw in 3.....2.......1......

Just putting me chest waders on, selecting my longest rod....

How very dare you, sir, I demand satisfaction - dawn tomorrow, canal basin....😖

I've given you a like and the benefit of the doubt, but time will tell.

Let's see how far it has sunk in if we are in the bottom 3 in October.

No. Don't misunderstand. 'It's sunk in' doesn't mean that suddenly I'm all evangelical and have somehow 'seen the light'. I knew of much of what Balham put up anyway. And yes, the McCabers will have a lot ro account for if we are in the bottom three in October, particularly if we have signed next to fuck all and have been turned over week in, week out.

pommpey

Yes and no. The Maguire and Walker money was known about at the start of the season so effectively gave freedom to increase the wage bill. Had that money not come in then I doubt we'd have spent what we did.

The question for me is what would have happened had we not gone up last season. The model needed one major sale per season but thankfully we don't need to worry about that now.
All teams sell players . We sell no more than most. Norwich sold 4 or 5 key players before last season. But good management turned up trumps .Some go on like we dismantle the squad every year.
We got a going rate for Maguire when we sold him . He's worth more now due to 4 years of prem experience . Had he stayed with us doubt we'd get double figures in millions for him. Had he got to the prem with us he'd be worth far more

Has the 'research' been concluded?
To whom do you attribute that (para) phrase re. Liverpool ?

As a 'supplementary' question could you advise who (apparently) 'appointed' said individual (& indeed who expressed reservations / criticicisms/ concerns surrounding his conduct within the Legal Proceedings)
His son came out with the Phrase.

I can remember when the Saudi Prince first arrived and it was something along the lines of Not Man City more like Liverpool kind of investment.

The second part of your question. I’ve got no idea.

His son came out with the Phrase.

I can remember when the Saudi Prince first arrived and it was something along the lines of Not Man City more like Liverpool kind of investment.

The second part of your question. I’ve got no idea.
Jim Phipps is McCabe’s son? Now it all makes sense.

I really wasn’t expecting that. I haven’t be so surprised since it turned out Kevin Spacey was Keyser Soze.

Jim Phipps is McCabe’s son? Now it all makes sense.

I really wasn’t expecting that. I haven’t be so surprised since it turned out Kevin Spacey was Keyser Soze.

A film, directed by Bryan Singer and starring Kevin Spacey about how a vile criminal can hide in plain sight. How bad does that look now?

Back
Top Bottom