Fantasy Rumour Mill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Creatures of the Rumour Mill. Welcome.

While not much is happening, we're going to have a 'competition'.

You list the signings you'd like with a transfer fee budget of £38m. Yes, £38m. Unrealistic signings or valuations are a disqualification offence.

We'll look back on this during the season, and perform an absolute hindsight job.

Whoever's list appears to have been the strongest.... wins nothing.

Off you go.

Brought to you by Rumour Mill

Ooo, I Like the question

Hendo - loan
Mason Mount - loan
Leroy Fer - free
Gary Cahill - free
Che Adams - £15m
Thomas Kalas - £6m
Matt Lowton - £5m
Tom Baylis - £2m
Luca Connell and Harry brockbank - £2m (as I assume Bolton are fucked).
Olie Watkins - £8m.

Though I Might be tempted by mcburrie as a more physical option to Adams.

Also if it’s within the rules to sell some of squad dross - If we can raise say another £3m I’d have a crack at that midfielder Celtic are failing to agree terms with too. Add some more youth

Maupay - £20m ............................Failing that, Watkins £8m and Burnie £12m
Robinson - £10m..........................Failing that, Freeman £6m and Naughton £2m or Valencia free (£2m wages)
Lenighan - £5m
Deano - loan - £1m loan fee
Mount - loan - £1m loan fee

• Banned
Dean Henderson - Loan
David Marshall - Free
Darragh Lenihan - £5m
Mason Holgate - Loan
Kristian Pedersen - £3m
Leroy Fer - Free
Joe Rothwell - £5m
Luke Freeman - £4m
Callum Robinson - £8m
Oliver McBurnie - £12m

£37m

Pushing it a bit there but I'm not leaving Freeman out, after all this time...

10 seems a lot but we'll need something like that when you look at the number of current players likely to stay.

I think I've covered every position there with a good addition of athleticism, and all the buys would likely increase in value.

• Banned
Ooo, I Like the question

Hendo - loan
Mason Mount - loan
Leroy Fer - free
Gary Cahill - free
Che Adams - £15m
Thomas Kalas - £6m
Matt Lowton - £5m
Tom Baylis - £2m
Luca Connell and Harry brockbank - £2m (as I assume Bolton are fucked).
Olie Watkins - £8m.

Though I Might be tempted by mcburrie as a more physical option to Adams.

I like the Lowton permanently and Mount on loan idea. Was thinking about that myself.

Also if it’s within the rules to sell some of squad dross - If we can raise say another £3m I’d have a crack at that midfielder Celtic are failing to agree terms with too. Add some more youth

That money just goes towards 'running the club'. But I'd be looking to let Freeman and Bryan leave, and Moore if he wanted to. Would think about keeping Leon as a backup backup striker though if he's fit enough.

I like the Lowton permanently and Mount on loan idea. Was thinking about that myself.

That money just goes towards 'running the club'. But I'd be looking to let Freeman and Bryan leave, and Moore if he wanted to. Would think about keeping Leon as a backup backup striker though if he's fit enough.

Fair enough, I was thinking sell Moore on and maybe pick up a keeper for free. Adrian / vorm are also available aren’t they?

Was trying to sneak madine in there also as I think a cheapies physical threat could also be a useful plan b in the PL.

Vaulks 2m
Freeman 4m
McBurnie 11m
Dack 7m
Watkins 7m
Hendo loan
Benrahma 7m
Leaves us a loan for later on , apologies for crap spellings !

Hendo - loan
Diame - free
Adomah - free
Adams - £12m
Dack - £7.75m
McBurnie - £12m
Ayling - £6m
Connell - £250k
Jagielka - free

Some suspect valuations here......

Brentford have apparently given it the old '£20m' treatment with Benrahma and £7-8m seems low for Dack.

I might be some way out with Rothwell though for all I know. Certainly if Blackburn sell Dack first because they won't want to sell his replacement.

Vaulks 2m
Freeman 4m
McBurnie 11m
Dack 7m
Watkins 7m
Hendo loan
Benrahma 7m
Leaves us a loan for later on , apologies for crap spellings !
I'd love those figures to be correct, but sadly I think they'd be roughly double in reality. Good picks though.

The Benrahma fee might have been a touch 'inflated' because, unbelievably, ASTON VILLA are interested. Accept I may have undercooked him though !

Brentford have apparently given it the old '£20m' treatment with Benrahma and £7-8m seems low for Dack.

I might be some way out with Rothwell though for all I know. Certainly if Blackburn sell Dack first because they won't want to sell his replacement.

Not sure Dack is low. I just don’t see him being a player you shell out 15+ on. Can’t think of a team that would spend that money on him.

It’s fine everyone saying all these championship players are worth 15-20m, for example Maupay, mcburnie and Robinson but let’s see if they move. It’s silly season and I again repeat I don’t see teams spending that type of money on unproven players.

There will be a lot of undisclosed and add ins but the market will come back to us.

I’d love someone to give me a premiership team who is going to spunk 20m on Maupay

Dean Henderson - Loan
Mason Holgate - £6m
Antonee Robinson - £4m
Harry Arter - £3m
Josh Brownhill - £10m
Mason Mount - Loan
Jay Rodriguez - £5m
Britt Assombalonga - £10m

Not sure Dack is low. I just don’t see him being a player you shell out 15+ on. Can’t think of a team that would spend that money on him.

It’s fine everyone saying all these championship players are worth 15-20m, for example Maupay, mcburnie and Robinson but let’s see if they move. It’s silly season and I again repeat I don’t see teams spending that type of money on unproven players.

There will be a lot of undisclosed and add ins but the market will come back to us.

I’d love someone to give me a premiership team who is going to spunk 20m on Maupay

I'm mainly going off the £15m they apparently rejected for Dack last August. Still has at least 2 years on his contract too. Look at some of the other valuations knocking around and you'd think someone of his age and record would be touted for above £10m.

Personally I don't rate him at more than £8m. And maybe PL clubs will be the same after his tail off in the second half of the season.

If Blackburn would sell their prized asset for £8m, they should be a good place for us to shop, with Lenihan, Bell and Rothwell of interest.

Deano - Loan
Jack Robinson (LCB/LB) - 4M
Darragh Lenihan (CCB/RCB) - 5.5M
Luke Ayling (RWB/RCB) - 4.5M
Leroy Fer (RCM) - free
Luca Connell (LCM) - 250k
Mason Mount (CAM) - loan
Oli McBurnie (ST) - 12M
Callum Robinson (ST/CAM) - 10M

Cost - £35.75M

You're as bad as anybody!
Pedersen will be about 5m
Robinson fee will exceed the 8m they got for Hughill (I'll speculate 10m+)
Freeman 4m? Even I'd take a chance on him at that and I don't think he's good enough.
McBurnie still think it will be at least 15m

I know a few million here and there doesn't seem much but it's the difference between us getting and looking elsewhere.

Henderson Loan
Westwood freebie
Lazaar 2m
Adams 15m
Watkins 8m
Naughton 2m
Holgate (if we can afford)
Mount (loan, don't think we'd be able to get him though)

Pedersen will be about 5m
Don't think he's done enough to justify that. Birmingham probably need to sell. He'd want the move.

Robinson fee will exceed the 8m they got for Hughill (I'll speculate 10m+)
Year left on contract and missed 4 months with injury last season. Will only go to £10m+ if there's a PL bidding war. No talk of Villa or Bournemouth yet.

Freeman 4m? Even I'd take a chance on him at that and I don't think he's good enough.
Caddette Man said QPR are looking to sell for £3-4m. He's 27 and not the most athletic. They need to sell. He's given them good service.

McBurnie still think it will be at least 15m
Only if there's enough interest in him. Not sure us and Brighton(?) is enough to drive it to £15m. £12m has been touted from the start.

Henderson - loan
Marshall - free
Connell - 250k
Aribo - 500k
Wilson - loan
Obi Mikel - free
Valencia/Bogle - free/8m
Watkins - 8m
McBurnie - 12m
Oxford - 8m

Just short of 29m/37m depending on RWB.

Took the Dack value from here

Got to be worth a point for the right name and a point for the right price then!

I'll play.
Gk - deano (loan)
Gk - Marshall (free)
Rwb - byram (2-3m)
Cb - jags (free)
Lwb - Taylor (2m)
Cm - vaulks (1.5m)
Cm - fer/diame/mikel (free)
Cm - Connell (250k)
Am - freeman (4-5m)
Am/st - Watkins (8-10m)
St - mcburnie (10-12m)
St - roofe (6m)
Bottom valuation = 33.75m
Top valuation = 39.75m

Sales of freeman, Moore, lundstram and Stearman on top of the ones already listed would cover the extra 1.75m. Easy this management lark.

Creatures of the Rumour Mill. Welcome.

While not much is happening, we're going to have a 'competition'.

You list the signings you'd like with a transfer fee budget of £38m. Yes, £38m. Unrealistic signings or valuations are a disqualification offence.

We'll look back on this during the season, and perform an absolute hindsight job.

Whoever's list appears to have been the strongest.... wins nothing.

Off you go.

Brought to you by Rumour Mill

Reece James [Loan]
Dean Henderson [Loan]

Ollie Watkins [£8.5m]
Oillie McBurnie [£11.5M]
John Obi Mikel [Free]
Darragh Lenihan [£5m]
Adrian [Free]
Luke Freeman [£4M]
Gary Cahill [Free]
Dwight Gayle [£8m]
Leroy Fer [Free]

McBurnie 12m
Tyler Roberts 6m
Robinson 8m
Marco Grugic loan
Ezri Konza 12m
Valencia free

Back
Top Bottom