Fans, expectations and loyalty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
The fans are the heartbeat at every club. They set the expectations, not the owners, not the managers not the players. The majority of the time managers fail to hit the expectation level and are pressured out of the club, rarely a manager comes in and does something incredible and defies all expectation. Naturally most clubs fans think they should be performing better but but now and then a manager comes in and not only meets expectation like Wilder did in L1 but smashes it out of the park. When you have gone from the bottom of L1 to 5th in the Prem fans want statues and a contract for life for the manager. If the following season doesn't meet the standards of last the fans will be OK with that, but when those standards drop off a cliff and the club becomes the worst club in history on performance after half of the season how does that loyality stand up? Football is ruthless, I can't defend a manager anymore that has picked up 2pts from the last 60pts. Nothing lasts forever, wish it did but for the good of next season we need a fresh start now. If nothing has changed after 17 games it's highly likely it will going forward.

Chris you are a legend, that is set in history but when it's gone it's gone. It may do you some good also to move on.

My expectation is that we've spent 100 million on top of a squad who got us to 9th last season. We massively overperformed last season. I expected this year to be much harder but I expected to be somewhere between mid-table and just outside of relegation.

We've gone from everyone saying nice things about us to people talking about us like we're a terminally ill cat they feel sorry for. It's embarrassing.

Wilder always says there's no room for sentiment in football, and yet...

Back
Top Bottom