Fan Survey - Home Advantage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShortyBoy2112

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name’s Tom and I’m currently studying a masters degree in Sports Psychology in Newcastle with the hope in becoming an applied Sports Psychologist in a football setting.

For my thesis I am looking into the home advantage in football and how fans view themselves.

I was hoping that I could post my questionnaire link here to get as many answers as possible? Please feel free to share far and wide as the more answers I get the better results I get and I have the hope of being published!

https://northumbria.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/football-fan-survey

It shouldn’t take any longer than 10 minutes to do and all the information is in the link before you have to answer any questions.

Thank you!

Tom Short

How about a bribe so that you MAKE the pigs come out worst - that's in a brown paper envelope ;)

UTB

Done.

Good luck with the thesis.

Done, it`s important fan`s realise how important their positive support is, Derby on Boxing Day a case in point.

Or seeing us home with 10 men v Brentford.

A toxic home environment NEVER reaps positive results, Boros home form a case in point.

A positive environment gives the the players the best possible opportunity to produce pressure free football.

Fans are called SUPPORTers for a reason.

Done. But Ipsos Mori and GFK would be having kittens. But you’re not in the MRS so it’s fine.

FAO if you’re doing surveys in future a few tips:

- Keep scales consistent
- Allow for open ended (other) in single choice
- Most important should be higher numbers
- Maybe make some of the questions single choice instead of open ended. Saves time coding everything up!

Sounds interesting, and good luck!

Edit: sorry if sound a dick, they’re deceptively hard to design.

I hate to be "that guy" but this:

The day of the month you were born (1-31)

The last two letter of your postcode

The last two numbers of your phone number

Will not, necessarily, result in a unique ID...

Done. But Ipsos Mori and GFK would be having kittens. But you’re not in the MRS so it’s fine.

FAO if you’re doing surveys in future a few tips:

- Keep scales consistent
- Allow for open ended (other) in single choice
- Most important should be higher numbers
- Maybe make some of the questions single choice instead of open ended. Saves time coding everything up!

Sounds interesting, and good luck!

Edit: sorry if sound a dick, they’re deceptively hard to design.

Thank you, any advice is good advice. Not the perfect tool but it's a start. Have to jump through certain hoops with the uni ethics but I know exactly where you're coming from

I hate to be "that guy" but this:

The day of the month you were born (1-31)

The last two letter of your postcode

The last two numbers of your phone number

Will not, necessarily, result in a unique ID...

Just your PIN number and I'll be down the pub with a drink on you ;) it's the uni's way of creating a way to recognise yourself anonymously but I know exactly what you mean

Hi everyone,

My name’s Tom and I’m currently studying a masters degree in Sports Psychology in Newcastle with the hope in becoming an applied Sports Psychologist in a football setting.

For my thesis I am looking into the home advantage in football and how fans view themselves.

I was hoping that I could post my questionnaire link here to get as many answers as possible? Please feel free to share far and wide as the more answers I get the better results I get and I have the hope of being published!

https://northumbria.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/football-fan-survey

It shouldn’t take any longer than 10 minutes to do and all the information is in the link before you have to answer any questions.

Thank you!

Tom Short

Like many Blades in the far-flung corners of the world, I do not have letters in my postcode. Can I still fill in the survey (please).

I hope you'll provide a summary of your findings some time in the future.

Back
Top Bottom