Fan reaction - McGoldrick v Rammers v Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dropping Ramsdale will hardly improve his confidence so I think either Foderingham plays and keeps his place against the two Manchester sides or you leave Ramsdale in.
This of course assumes that Verrips has a problem tat is keeping him off the bench
As an aside you may want to look at Henderson’s kicking this season !!
Not seen too much of Henderson this season so I wouldn't like to comment on his kicking. It's just that his kicking was wayward when he first arrived at BDTBL & showed a marked improvement shortly afterwards. While I agree changing the goalkeeper is a bit drastic which is why I said (in a previous post) that trying an alternative goal keeper in the 3rd round FA Cup tie, & I'm not fussed which one, just takes Ramsdale out of the "firing line". The amount of stick he's getting on this board must be very disheartening & if Mr Wilder has the management skills which I think he has, he will be able to motivate Ramsdale again.

I wasn't thinking of Fleck. I think we should still stick with Fleck. His ball to Didzy for the goal. He's shown signs of his old self recently. The question is why are Ramsdale and Norwood getting such stick. It's because they're mistakes are costing us points and games. Didzy's barren spell didn't cost us games. He still made a positive contribution.
Unfortunately none of his goals have got us points this season, which is a criticism of the players around him, not what he has done. He must be as pissed off as us with them all.

During our early matches last season the thing I noticed the most comparing the PL to the Championship was the athleticism.
Surprisingly I didn’t think overall quality was better in the PL but everyone looks like an athlete on steroids.
Also the finishing is much higher in the PL....goals can be scored from nothing.

Therefore when out of possession Norwood really struggles to compete....but we always knew that...it’s not a secret Norwood needs regular possesion of the ball.
Agree Lundstram had worked even harder in his fitness and strength....so he can compete at PL level.

Yeah definitely. During our cup runs in league one I really noticed it. Obviously there’s a skill gap but not between every player. The difference was they just looked absolutely massive and were so strong compared to us.

They’re not strong because they’re PL footballers, they’re PL footballers because they’re strong. Even the most skilful players are absolutely stacked usually.

Didzy was one of the highest pre-assist players in league - the ball played to the man who provides the actual assist - I would argue often more important than the actual assist in that the final pass leading to a goal is invariably provided by a player in space who has the time to deliver a quality ball ie Didzy exceptional at finding a player in space.
This is true. He’s also very good at winning the ball back and just helping us keep it, both crucial in any game of football but he’s by far our best at both.

Wonder what effect a full house and fans just behind ramsdale would have. To my mind he’s got off relatively lightly because there’s been no one there to criticise him directly. Not that I agree with slagging players, totally counterproductive

He’s not been a disaster but he’s not set the world on fire and he’s going to have to improve dramatically if he wants to justify the fee. That’s just facts unfortunately, because we’ll have to cut out losses at some point if he keeps looking as shaky as he has been the last few games.

Just curious as to why people think there has been such a contrasting reaction?

Remember when David McGoldrick went all those weeks and months without scoring? Most shots without a goal, Striker that doesn't strike etc? He just couldn't bag as much as he tried then there was elation when he scored not ice but twice vs Chelsea and he's gone on to notch against pretty much only top 6 opposition and sits firmly as top scorer now.

He received universal support that almost brought the bloke to tears.

In contrast, Rammers has been getting pelters from very early on.

Despite being one of our best players in the promotion season and for a large portion of last season did very well, Norwood has also been on the receiving end of some very harsh criticism.

I'd say that McGoldrick's performance was still pretty good despite him not fulfilling his primary function as a striker, but why do you think he got so much patience yet the other two have seemed to come under pressure very quickly?

McGoldrick's contributions to other aspects of our good play was clear; that's why he got so much patience. Combine that with positive performances of others ensuring that his misses weren't costing us. He is also one of the promotion team.

Norwood is an interesting one. He is also a member of the promotion team so you'd think some slack would be cut. Maybe the slack has simply run out? I don't get the hammering he takes, he was abysmal against Spurs but he always has a shocker somewhere every few months. I think the Spurs game was one of those but his general performance levels have dipped as well, the team isn't performing so he gets more hammer than McGoldrick would ever get.

Ramsdale is a pretty simple one unfortunately. Combine a high transfer fee, the almost impossible task of replacing Henderson and the poor form of the team - which he contributes to with errors - and you have it. Even being a Blade isn't allowing him to escape it. I don't hammer him - he's a young player and the loss of JOC is not his fault - but I can't believe the transfer fee we spent on him based on what I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom