FA cup...it's comming!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FA cup go for it?

• Total voters

The Fucking Awful Cup.

A nine month distraction to see which two of the so called big six get to have a kick about between themselves at Wembley in May.

Stick the u23's out.
So that's the FA Cup and the Premier League that it seems some want no part of.

Shall we just pull out of all competitions and pour all resources into the academy?

Rather win the fa Cup, than get promotion .

Kind of agree with you on this.
I want us to get promoted because;
A) We'd never let Wednesday hear the end of it, and it would be hilarious.
B) It would be an incredible achievement for Wilder, and cement him as one of, if not the best manager in the country.

As for actually being in the Premier League itself, I'm not in as much in awe of it as some others are. Yes it would be nice to be there, and play some of the best sides in the world. But it's just become awash with plastic fans and ridiculous transfer fee's/wages.

The Fucking Awful Cup.

A nine month distraction to see which two of the so called big six get to have a kick about between themselves at Wembley in May.

Stick the u23's out.

Only two out of the last ten finals have been played between "big six" clubs.

A trip to the south coast for Bournemouth or maybe Brighton & Hove would be a nice away day.

i love some hypocrisy of moaners on here. i assuming that they boycotted some of the amazing cup runs we had on principle
98 Coventry Newcastle
03 leeds x2 liverpool arsenal
08?? man city
12 port vale
14/15 fulham notts forest Southampton charlton hull spurs

If things are still roughly as they stand with our squad etc i'd try and make a side out of the fringe players:

Moore
Freeman - Stearman - Wright - Heneghan - Lafferty
Lundstram - Carruthers
Lavery - Thomas
Donaldson

But it's not until Jan so we'll have loans back, maybe new injuries, maybe new signings, maybe new loans in/out so largely pointless worrying yet.

Still think Wilder will drill the team to try and win the game. Usually i'd always welcome a cup run but after last year's earliest ever exit from the competition, i'd happily take another season like that. We can think about cup runs if we're in the Prem.

They should just fuck it off
530 pm kick off for the final killed it for me

Yup. Around £80 on the train, same again for a ticket, 'engineering works' mean the last train back leaves before you've got a chance to catch it, some shite like 'London Marathon' means half the roads are closed. Nah, fuck it. When we played Hull in 2014, I don't think their fans got too excited because they knew Arsenal were next up in 3 weeks. For those who hark back to the 'magic of the Cup', it died years ago. We wouldn't stand a chance against Chelsea or Citeh. For those who think we would, two words. Graham. Poll.

Yup. Around £80 on the train, same again for a ticket, 'engineering works' mean the last train back leaves before you've got a chance to catch it, some shite like 'London Marathon' means half the roads are closed. Nah, fuck it. When we played Hull in 2014, I don't think their fans got too excited because they knew Arsenal were next up in 3 weeks. For those who hark back to the 'magic of the Cup', it died years ago. We wouldn't stand a chance against Chelsea or Citeh. For those who think we would, two words. Graham. Poll.

Speaking for myself, I could certainly get excited about a first FA Cup Final appearance since 1936, irrespective of when and where it was played and who the opposition were.

And I am baffled that any Blades fan wouldn't want us to get there.

It's not an either/or situation but I'd take a Cup Final over promotion. I've experienced 6 promotions and zero cup finals.

It went tits-up when the suits allowed Man Utd to dip out in the pursuit of easy money.

Actually Manyoo and certainly SAF, didn't want to play in the World Club Final and I don't think there was big money in it for them. It was the FA who twisted their arm to go and compete in FIFA's new 'galamour' competition, in the hope that it would help with another World Cup bid. Only years later when they realised that Prince William, David Beckham et al were no match for stuffing a miilion in a brown envelope for various African FA heads, did they realise the bid was futile.

The FA have no value for their own history and let Manyoo go, gave another clud an unprecedented by and then have allowed Sky to bugger about with the timing. Allowing the FAC final to be before the PL season finsished was stupid and having PL matches on the same day made the final just another game. The useless wankers have no idea of what they have got and as per usual, chase whatever few million quid get dangled around.

With affordable and available tickets for most games and free to air games, the FA Cup is one of the few chances some people get to see their team play. It's also an important way of distributing some of the wealth in the game to lower league clubs. In many ways, it's the opposite of the PL.

With affordable and available tickets for most games and free to air games, the FA Cup is one of the few chances some people get to see their team play.

Only because the goverment have put the final on the 'restricted list' meaning that has to be broadcast on free to air tv.

The clueless balzer and suit wankers at the FA would happily sell all the rights to Sky/BT for a few million quid, if they thought they could get away with it.

Your starter for ten.

Which team played in the 3rd round, despite been knocked out in the 2nd round?

Maybe someone with plenty of time on his/*her hands, should look back say 10 years and provide a minute analysis of were those who were promoted out of the champ went out on the FA Cup in that season.

* I hope the FA approve..

I would revamp the comp.
Round 1 : 88 teams in the 1st round made up of 48 League 1 and league 2, plus 40 non league
Round 2: 44 from round 1, plus 24 champ sides = 68 sides
Round 3: 34 from round 2, plus 10 prem sides ie those who finished 11 to 18, plus 2 promoted = 44
Round 4: 22 from round 3, plus 10 prem sides ie those who finished 1 to 10 = 32
Round 5: 16
and so on

No replays
Winners play team who finished 4th for a play-off for a champions league place, unless the FA winner are already in the top 4.

Just a thought like
dont the top prem sides get enough advantages
sod that make 20 prem start in round 1

Arsenal away 3rd round. One nowt Blades, Lundstram shinner.

Just watched the round two draw and it seems it has only died for grumpy old blokes who still has for the days when they used a rolled up newspaper to puss on the terraces.

If the winners of the FA Cup get a chance of playing Champions League then it would soon resurface as something worth winning. Now its just a pain-in-the-arse. A combination of the play-offs and Champions League and to a lesser extent the Europa league saw to that. It went tits-up when the suits allowed Man Utd to dip out in the pursuit of easy money.

I presume you didn't hear the Martin Edwards interview then?

Chris Wilder

I hope we finish as league champions, win the FA Cup, do the double over the grunters and win the play offs....

I guarantee one thing, if United finish top of the league they won’t win the play-offs :D

Back
Top Bottom