FA cup...it's comming!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FA cup go for it?

• Total voters

PTBlade

Retired
Reaction score
Should we concentrate on the league or field a full strength team should we draw one of the big boys.
I would love to see how the premadonas of Citeh/Arsenal/Chelsea cope with our style of total football.
But an extended cup run could take it's toll on fitness and injuries.
Back to trusting in Sir Chris I recon.

Citeh or Chelsea or Spurs or Man U with a full strength side versus our full strength side,they would have our pants down,any of the others in that League we would give em a game.o_O

The Fucking Awful Cup.

A nine month distraction to see which two of the so called big six get to have a kick about between themselves at Wembley in May.

Stick the u23's out.
Playing the u23’s is hardly ideal if you don’t want to go through in it. :)

Defo one where I would wish to see an abnormal amount of squad rotations, with the fringe players asked to step up.

UTB

Do the same as we did in the League Cup. It's an opportunity for players like Brooks and Lundstram, or ones coming back from injury like Moore, fringe players like Thomas and Heneghan to show what they can do and get some real competitive game time.

Concentrate on league this year and go for it next season for me.
Don't get me wrong I would love this silverware but we have a fantastic opportunity this season to push on from here.

Not that fussed about the cup while ever we're in with a shout of promotion.

That said would be good to take on a mid table pre team with our full team to gauge where we are. Admittedly the prem team would no doubt be under strength.

I do like a good cup run we've now have competition for places so why not have a stab at it.

Wilder I'm sure wouldn't know any other way than to go out and try and win.

Maybe someone with plenty of time on his/*her hands, should look back say 10 years and provide a minute analysis of were those who were promoted out of the champ went out on the FA Cup in that season.

* I hope the FA approve..

I would revamp the comp.
Round 1 : 88 teams in the 1st round made up of 48 League 1 and league 2, plus 40 non league
Round 2: 44 from round 1, plus 24 champ sides = 68 sides
Round 3: 34 from round 2, plus 10 prem sides ie those who finished 11 to 18, plus 2 promoted = 44
Round 4: 22 from round 3, plus 10 prem sides ie those who finished 1 to 10 = 32
Round 5: 16
and so on

No replays
Winners play team who finished 4th for a play-off for a champions league place, unless the FA winner are already in the top 4.

Just a thought like

Last edited:

Correction
Round 3: 34 from round 2, plus 7 prem sides ie those who finished 11 to 18, plus 3 promoted = 44 DOOAAAHHH

The FA Cup is going the way of the old League cup. The money from the Premiership has just about killed of the magic that was the FA Cup. The younger fans today wont have the love of the FA Cup my generation did, it used to be a massive draw and a huge excitement. Now only the later rounds seem to have any significance.

L2 or Conference side in R3; give some of the fringe players a game, struggling PL side R4; good chance of beating them, then big Manc Club in R5; go out after televised replay when they have to get their big guns out, make a bit of cash, concentrate on the league.

If the winners of the FA Cup get a chance of playing Champions League then it would soon resurface as something worth winning. Now its just a pain-in-the-arse. A combination of the play-offs and Champions League and to a lesser extent the Europa league saw to that. It went tits-up when the suits allowed Man Utd to dip out in the pursuit of easy money.

It’s not either/or you know? You can compete for both the FA Cup and promotion as well.

There’s no evidence that doing well in one competition worsens your chances in the other. Of course it means extra games so increased chance of injuries, but we have a squad of players for that reason.

It still amazes me that we have some fans who don’t want us to be promoted to the Prem. The best chance of this club keeping hold of our best players and the current manager is to get to the Prem. The best chance of us being financially secure in the future is to get to the Prem (as long as we don’t break the bank trying to do that - which we won’t).

This season is our best chance of getting back to the Prem for 12 years. I hope we take it and have a good run in the FA Cup too. Ultimately though, the big prize and our best chance of having a financially secure club is to get to the Prem. Anyone not wanting that is either plain stupid or not wanting the best for the club for some reason?

Part of me says “fuck it, concentrate on the league”, another part of me says “yeah, but remember the triple assault season? Wasn’t that great?”, but the rest of me is wondering what’s for dinner.

The triple assault season where we won sod all?

I would far rather go for promotion.

I'd like us to stick it to Leicester in the FA cup, before we pass them in opposite directions in the league.

Back
Top Bottom