FA cup final provides some balance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
Through out every season blades pile on here after some poor display or less than entertaining fare offered by our 5m pound team . Thank goodness for yesterdays FA cup final then , 2 teams that cost over a billion quid served up 90 turgid minutes of mind numbingly boring garbage, probably far worse than anything weve seen this season , At least the games we lost in the the other team played well , ie wolves away , cardiff away,
Often said no club ever plays well in 46 games, teams can have bad days
But if we had paid out what yesterdays 2 protagonists had to offer that up there be a real cause for complaining, So next season the first time we fall a bit short in theentertainment stakes , pop on youtube and re watch yesterdays final and think , well just watching United still wasnt as shit as that

An out of form Chelsea vs a Mourinho managed Man Utd side, I'm glad I didn't bother.

I get the sentiment BTL but I don't drive around in a car and if something goes wrong with it just ignore it because I saw a broken down Ferrari down the road do I? This is a Blades forum and if the Blades play shit there will be a bit of discussion about it on here. Stay away after a loss if you can't cope with that.

If we lose....

200w.gif

If we win...

giphy.gif

Through out every season blades pile on here after some poor display or less than entertaining fare offered by our 5m pound team . Thank goodness for yesterdays FA cup final then , 2 teams that cost over a billion quid served up 90 turgid minutes of mind numbingly boring garbage, probably far worse than anything weve seen this season , At least the games we lost in the the other team played well , ie wolves away , cardiff away,
But if we had paid out what yesterdays 2 protagonists had to offer that up there be a real cause for complaining, So next season the first time we fall a bit short in theentertainment stakes , pop on youtube and re watch yesterdays final and think , well just watching United still wasnt as shit as that

I agree. To escape the turgid, stage-managed shite of the Royal Wedding...I watched the FA Cup Final. I can't remember the last time a final was entertaining, but at least it gave Lineker & co. a chance to burble on endlessly. And that's no coincidence - the BBC have lost sports that people actually want to watch and spent their money on cheesy, Saturday night crap. I'm looking forward to Liverpool v Real and Villa v Fulham next Saturday. Are they on BBC? No. 'Pointless Celebrities', 'Ed Sheeran' and some game show called 'Who Dares Wins'.

I thought Man U were Sheff U :eek: yesterday in parts too slow to get the ball forward,and faced with a bank of blue shirts went sideways too much.

Phil Jones was roasted by Hazard,he's a good choice for the WC :rolleyes:

Quite enjoyed it in a perverse way...Mourinho moaning about a Chelski performance like that though.. :)

P.S-Good point about Wilders football though, you’d if we get to Wembley again that we'd go for it.

Phil Jones clumsily bringing down Eden Hazard in the box for a needless penalty is 100% going to happen again at the World Cup.

I watched the first half before buggering off to a barbecue. Didn't think it was too bad personally, Hazard at least was decent anyway. The second half was dire though by all accounts.

For the first time ever, I forgot that the FA Cup final was on. I didn’t see the score until around 11pm. Doesn’t look like I missed much.

Mourinho got out Moruinho'd. Funny as fuck... "we were the better team blah blah blah" :D:D

I agree. To escape the turgid, stage-managed shite of the Royal Wedding...I watched the FA Cup Final. I can't remember the last time a final was entertaining, but at least it gave Lineker & co. a chance to burble on endlessly. And that's no coincidence - the BBC have lost sports that people actually want to watch and spent their money on cheesy, Saturday night crap. I'm looking forward to Liverpool v Real and Villa v Fulham next Saturday. Are they on BBC? No. 'Pointless Celebrities', 'Ed Sheeran' and some game show called 'Who Dares Wins'.

"Bring on the wall!"

Fucking hell, I enjoyed it, my life must be Shit :(

An out of form Chelsea vs a Mourinho managed Man Utd side, I'm glad I didn't bother.

I get the sentiment BTL but I don't drive around in a car and if something goes wrong with it just ignore it because I saw a broken down Ferrari down the road do I? This is a Blades forum and if the Blades play shit there will be a bit of discussion about it on here. Stay away after a loss if you can't cope with that.

Its fineto moan a bit I get miffed when we lose, was really let down by our display at Millwall and Hull , just saying it gets put into context that we are an under funded club eeking great displays from primark level players , who can still thrill more sometimes than the Armani brigade. Lets just be cognisant of the fact we have no 50k a week players or anywhere near that

For the first time ever, I forgot that the FA Cup final was on. I didn’t see the score until around 11pm. Doesn’t look like I missed much.

DeGea could have sat in the stand second half. People expect drama or a little excitement from the zenith of cup competitions.

What was served up was 2 teams trying to justify spending 100s of millions to get a trophy , trying hard not to make errors that could cost the game , a game settled by a penalty from an error
won by a chelsea side who offered 3 shots on target in 90 minutes

to describe it as dull , is being very generous

If it'd been United playing at Wembley yesterday and we'd played worse than Chelski and won, I would not and neither would any of you posting on here have given a fuck. Why I probably would not have the vision at this time on the day after to look at this screen.

I didnt think it was that bad, to be honest. If there hadnt been an early goal it probably would have been.

Its fineto moan a bit I get miffed when we lose, was really let down by our display at Millwall and Hull , just saying it gets put into context that we are an under funded club eeking great displays from primark level players , who can still thrill more sometimes than the Armani brigade. Lets just be cognisant of the fact we have no 50k a week players or anywhere near that

I can see your point but if the fans were happy after a poor performance I’d be concerned. It doesn’t matter what we have and how much we’ve spent, a poor performance is just that and it deserves flagging. Most fans can accept that we’ll lose as many as we win and I don’t mind if we lose but give a good account of ourselves. For the most part we did that last season but when we didn’t the fans got upset.

The extent of upset needs to be put in the context of what you’ve said in the OP, i.e. don’t expect faultless performances week in week out. It’s that fact that irks me, some can’t wait to come on and criticise.

Individual players have had it all season, Sharp, Clarke, Lundstram, Stevens and Moore to name a few. Again the fans need to consider where these players have come from relative to a lot of the opposition players.

Yesterday's game was not an advertisement for the beautiful game. But instead, an advertisement for the fact that the market is wildlywildly overpriced. Multiple billions spent on each squad and still, Bakayoko up front, Jones in defence, 1-0, no style and little substance. Mediocrity throughout. Very few, if any, world class players on show - just overpriced tripe.

Yesterday's final was crap to watch!!. What gets me is some of those multi million pound players are playing in the World Cup!!!.
Let's hope they decide to turn on the style?.
It'll be a shite watch on television otherwise?. UTB

I expect any pro putting in a shift to jusrltify the by comparison to most fabulous income they get . I think though this has to be tempered by the skill limitations of who we can afford compared to some. In next week's play off final one of Fulham or Aston villa will trudge home knowing they too will start in August in the championship along side us despite forking out ten times as much as we have.
Their sense of disappointment should be ten fold ours . But some blades will make sure its not

Yesterday was always likely to be more of a tepid affair, but in fairness I didn't watch it as I had no interest. Only tend to watch the Cup final these days if there's an underdog to cheer.

Both managers are more functional in their approach, especially if they don't have huge trust in their defence.

If we turn in poor performances next season, especially if they're below our capabilities, yesterday's game won't mean shit.

Yesterday's game was not an advertisement for the beautiful game. But instead, an advertisement for the fact that the market is wildlywildly overpriced. Multiple billions spent on each squad and still, Bakayoko up front, Jones in defence, 1-0, no style and little substance. Mediocrity throughout. Very few, if any, world class players on show - just overpriced tripe.

Well, it's just another example example that in a limited market you can't improve quality by throwing money at it. For all the so-called riches that are in the game, courtesy of tv companies, that cash is just divvied up by players and agents, with some substantial sums also falling in the lap of assorted club hangers-on. What little quality is available, of course, commands a much higher value.

The clubs (and owners) themselves have no wealth deriving from it, as can be seen from the mad scramble to cut costs every time someone is relegated. And there are currently 12 PL clubs (+1 more after next weekend) whose relegation in the next few years is absolutely inevitable.

I saw as well that England's fourth choice keeper (I'm assuming he's still 4th), the West Ham reserve Joe Hart, is linked with Wolves. Last season Hart was being paid £175k per week. He made 19 underwhelming league starts. Assuming he leaves Man City on a free transfer I'm sure he will be hoping for the same deal, so over three years that's going cost someone £27,000,000.

And they say football is a business.

I thought Man U were Sheff U :eek: yesterday in parts too slow to get the ball forward,and faced with a bank of blue shirts went sideways too much.

Phil Jones was roasted by Hazard,he's a good choice for the WC :rolleyes:
To be fair Jones will be one of many who gets a roasting from Hazzard.

Yesterday's final was crap to watch!!. What gets me is some of those multi million pound players are playing in the World Cup!!!.
Let's hope they decide to turn on the style?.
It'll be a shite watch on television otherwise?. UTB

i won't be rushing to catch the England games thats for sure...

i'll be looking out for some other teams though who are underdogs and might do something...Egypt with Salah (worth a punt at 40/1 top scorer) and Iceland again with their viking chant :)

Back
Top Bottom