Player Suggestion Eberechi Eze

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Watching him vs Brum and he doesn’t look like a Wilder player at all.
He just doesn’t look that bothered. Strolling around, not picking up players, no energy, negative passing.
I’ve not watched him much this year, is he just having a poor game?

Takes really annoying penalties as well.

Just been watching a few highlights and there is alot of Mcgoldrick like plays. I'd be happy if we were in for him. Maybe even get Robinson going the other way.

shame it's the sun bc i was going to wank myself silly over this

Eze over any other Championship player for me. Him or Watkins? No contest.

Eze and Mousset up top. Fucking fuck me....

Our only hope here though is if he's being advised to go somewhere where he'll play before making the bigger move. And if he's willing to move to the other end of planet earth up north.

I know he has the same agent as Josh Dasilva and last summer Dasilva rejected a new Arsenal contract to go and get first team experience at Brentford. Hopefully the intentions with Eze are similar and we have half a chance.

He's more a Duffy type player but without the ginge hair. I don't see him as a Didzy type.

A would love us to get this lad, i recon hes gona have a big future in the prem!

Playing off a striker minus many of the midfield duties would really suit him.

He is strong enough to keep hold of the ball and link up, and he can score from many angles - being two footed really helps.

The lad is quality and I have really rated him since he played against us last year. We couldn't cope with him at Loftus Road.

Hopefully LF will be putting a decent word in for us. Those 2 played off each other really well too.

That being said, I have a feeling he will stay in London, although I said the same about LF.

The lad is quality and I have really rated him since he played against us last year. We couldn't cope with him at Loftus Road.

I think I came away from that game with a similar view, but thinking a season and a half on, wasn’t it just the first half where he threatened, and with the benefit of hindsight could it not have been down to own own defensive frailties initially that game, with us having thrown Stearman in and moved Egan for his only game at RCB for us? I’m not sure had that game happened three months later that he’d have perhaps looked quite as good.

If we are interested I can see freeman going the other way plus ~£8 million and us continuing to pay the difference in his wages.
Clark will be moved on to make way in the squad.
Ravel will be promoted to replace Freeman
Rodwell brought in to bolster the squad as he can play in a number of positions.

I think I came away from that game with a similar view, but thinking a season and a half on, wasn’t it just the first half where he threatened, and with the benefit of hindsight could it not have been down to own own defensive frailties initially that game, with us having thrown Stearman in and moved Egan for his only game at RCB for us? I’m not sure had that game happened three months later that he’d have perhaps looked quite as good.

It was early doors and we were a bit shaky defensively around that time, so yes you make a good point. It's also true that we were more in control 2nd half. But still, I was hugely impressed by the lad, along with LF it has to be said. Both had the silkiest of touches and seemed to just ghost past our players. I was delighted that we got one of them in the the summer. If we make it a double I will be ecstatic.

I think he'd be a great addition for 12M. He's got bags of talent. Versatile, can drop deep and drive the ball forward and also has pace and control to take it round players and get in behind defences. Links-up well. Could play CF just behind a ST. Only 21. No brainer for me but I'd expect there to be "more attractive" offers on the table for him.

Big article in this mornings rag

Cheaper option than Watkins

Potential big resale value

CW wants club to move early and get job done as he sees this as a realistic target

Also says Ravel possibly out on loan or released, several Championship clubs interested

The QPR fans I know question his workrate & attitude. Another lifetime Londoner too, so I'd worry about his ability to settle. He's not one I'd be too bothered about, though he clearly does have some ability.

I must be the only person to think this but in the last game he played on Sky he was absolute shite. Exactly the opposite of a wilder player. Very lazy, strolling around, no tracking back, no picking up players, poor tackling. Definitely NOT a team player (ooh look at me).
He looks the the type of player that picks his games to impress, probably when his agent instruct him.
I only watched the game a few weeks ago to see how good he was when we were mentioned. Not impressed at all.
I was hoping he was a world beater, sadly no. Unless he was having a bad day, but that really was a shocker.
£12million down the drain for me unless CWAK sees something in him, then ok👍

We need someone who can break down teams that put 10 men behind the ball at Bramall Lane. He might look a bit lazy at times but I dont want my most talented players flying into tackles all over the place. This lad would be perfect for the bench initially and once hes got the pace of the game would be competition for Didzy.

Fantastic on his day - an absolute match-winner.

Certainly has the odd off day but would be such a good option from the bench for the rest of the season.

Well what we know about Wilder and Knill is that they can usually get the best from players.
This lad is young, but already has the talent to make him a top player, he just needs someone to get the best out of him.
Wilder might not quite have managed it with Ravel but his record in that is good.

as for the southerner thing being an issue, on occasion some struggle with the change and moving away, but on the other hand some move and it changes their lives for the better. Perhaps growing up and getting away from distractions of old friends and bad acquaintances.
It would all depend on what the lads goals are. If his goal is just to get rich...then he’s probably never going to make the most of himself. If he wants to knuckle down and make himself an England player, devote himself to his game completely like Lunny and Baldock then he’s going to flourish here.
Realistically though, I would be very surprised if this rumour is true. The fee seems low, and perhaps more likely a bit of player agent mischief to get a big move to a team considered to be bigger than us!

Back
Top Bottom