Match Thread Everton v. Sheffield United - 21st Sept 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

EVER
EVER
EVER

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1568978780521.png v. 1568978788341.png

EPL Week 6 - Saturday 21st September 2019 - Goodison Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/everton-vs-sheffield-united.470/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Ben Toner
Video Assistant Referee: Lee Mason
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 12.30.19.png

• Admin
At least the officials will be familiar... 3 out of 6 from last week.

When you're the new boys in the league and you're not on telly you get the trainee prem refs who are desperate to impress the powers that be.
I don't think we'll get to many 50/50 things go our way this season.
Var is still down to interpretation as we've seen already.
We'll have to earn every point.

Team was confirmed last night and unchanged for the vist to goodison let's hope the chances fall to mcburnie and not to mcgoldrick I'm going for 0_0

Would like to see Norwood and Fleck with Freeman in the Duffy role, love Mcgoldrick but can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo, 2-0 Everton, this not our best 11.....

Only Henderson and Dubravka in the Premier League are yet to take advantage of the new goal kick rule. Do we think he will at all this season? Will tomorrow be the first time?

314B389D-32C9-420A-ACEC-A54DD5E78938.png

He's sticking with McGoldrick? Ffs ... how many will he miss today. My money's on 2.

I've got a bad feeling about this one. I really hope I'm wrong, and I don't know why because Everton haven't exactly been impressive this season, but I've just a feeling this could end up bad.

Jagleika will come on and score the winning goal. Fate.

Only Henderson and Dubravka in the Premier League are yet to take advantage of the new goal kick rule. Do we think he will at all this season? Will tomorrow be the first time?

View attachment 61546
😲

Liverpool have only had 3 goal kicks this season so far?! Either the opposition always shoot on target, score or win corners... or L'pool don't allow shots away from opposition at all... i'm going to go with the latter

😲

Liverpool have only had 3 goal kicks this season so far?! Either the opposition always shoot on target, score or win corners... or L'pool don't allow shots away from opposition at all... i'm going to go with the latter

Can't tell if serious or not....🤔

Predictions for tomoz
2 all, United lead twice..
A red card for a lundstrum late tackle..
Didzy missus a couple in last few minutes..
4 banning orders for fighting amongst ourselves
15 threads on who we buy in January with princes millions
Done!!

Who's up top?

I'd go Deane and Agana, ripped them apart before.

Getting anything out of this game would be an excellent result. Everton always start badly but they're strong at home. Two wins from two games so far. We need to cut out giving away free kicks in our half. They'll punish us if we don't

Everton have a great win record at home , last time they lost at home was Feb 6th a 0-2 to Man City.

What worries me is that we have not really played teams in form or the top two or three yet and we are not mounting up many points or scoring the chances we are making. I am sure WAK are concerned that we got nothing from our last two home games. Many fans are still in PL euphoria. We need goals, we need points from the likes of Southampton and Leicester at home. The PL is ruthless, the most competitive and money driven league in the world. We have seen how one mistake can cost you dearly. You must also make the most of every chance given to you, because they are few. I really like McG, but this level exposes his weaknesses. We need our best two goal scorers on the pitch from the start. Whoever they are, I am not sure myself, but 2 from Morrison, Mousse and McBurnie would be my choice with Billy on the bench. Otherwise why spend the money? We need to score goals, we need to stop pissing about playing the ball around in dangerous areas in defence. This has cost us dearly. This is the new PL danger area, we are not the only ones suffering. Even Citeh fucked up this way against Norwich. We all want survival, not just survival, but to become a real PL force for the future. We can do it, but we need to learn quickly, in WAK I trust. They will sort this, I am sure. I am sick of pundits et al saying we are a better team than they originally thought. We are good, we are different, we just need to tighten and be more ruthless.
Sorry for the diatribe, had a few, just needed to get it off my chest. UTB from the heart!

What worries me is that we have not really played teams in form or the top two or three yet and we are not mounting up many points or scoring the chances we are making. I am sure WAK are concerned that we got nothing from our last two home games. Many fans are still in PL euphoria. We need goals, we need points from the likes of Southampton and Leicester at home. The PL is ruthless, the most competitive and money driven league in the world. We have seen how one mistake can cost you dearly. You must also make the most of every chance given to you, because they are few. I really like McG, but this level exposes his weaknesses. We need our best two goal scorers on the pitch from the start. Whoever they are, I am not sure myself, but 2 from Morrison, Mousse and McBurnie would be my choice with Billy on the bench. Otherwise why spend the money? We need to score goals, we need to stop pissing about playing the ball around in dangerous areas in defence. This has cost us dearly. This is the new PL danger area, we are not the only ones suffering. Even Citeh fucked up this way against Norwich. We all want survival, not just survival, but to become a real PL force for the future. We can do it, but we need to learn quickly, in WAK I trust. They will sort this, I am sure. I am sick of pundits et al saying we are a better team than they originally thought. We are good, we are different, we just need to tighten and be more ruthless.
Sorry for the diatribe, had a few, just needed to get it off my chest. UTB from the heart!
Remove alcohol from the equation, and I think you are spot on. :)

You say we haven't played teams in form yet but the teams we have played currently sit 3rd, 6th, 7th, 11th and 12th, yes this could all change after tomorrow as the table don't mean a lot at this stage

Also we haven't played the big boys yet as you say, but we aint played any of the current bottom 5 either

So after last week's disappointing and to some degree unlucky result, we are back on the road with a very difficult trip to Everton. However, as we have shown already we are definitely not out of our depth in the Premier League, but are missing a clinical edge. First goal today is critical.....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Jagielka likely to get some minutes today?

McBurnie and Mousset to start?

Or Robinson?

Time for Ravel to show some magic?

Really difficult game to predict. I'm not really seeing a Blades victory here, but I'm feeling 2-1 or 2-2. I'll go with the latter to preserve our unbeaten away run ;)

Safe journey all. Be safe, be good :)

UTB

So far every one of our games has been 50/49 this season, sooooooo tight. We need to get into the habit of being the 50 though, rather than the 49. Hopefully today will be our turn. Looking forward to it, a few sherberts on the train then hit Liverpool by half ten. Party 🍻

Back
Top Bottom