Everton and Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All these clubs are "also rans" in the Prem. I sure it would be more fulfilling for Wilder to make us in Premier league "also rans" too.

They have to start the odds somewhere - These were the opening prices, not a reflection of peoples wagers.

i know mate, sorry if that sounded like I was being funny, I didn't mean it that way.

One day I'm gonna do it though, stick some money on myself just for shits and giggles :)

Let's face facts. Wilder is getting the recognition. He's the most successful manager (points wise) in England over the past 3 seasons.

Against all odds, he's now battling it out with the Billionaire boys on a shoestring budget with has-beens, never-beens and players nobody has ever heard of.

Most managers that have done this historically (John Gregory, John Beck, Dave Basset) have done so by playing physical, percentage football. However Wilder is taking all these 'play football the right way' teams and totally out footballing them.

The guy is a miracle worker.

I wouldn't worry about these bookies lists. I could go out and stick a tenner on myself for the job and I'd be about 4th favourite.

There's a great story there.

Make up a random foreign name, go to the bookies and ask for a price on him - just say he manages in the Argentinian 5th division or something.

You'll then see a manager that doesn't even exist appearing on other markets too lol

i know mate, sorry if that sounded like I was being funny, I didn't mean it that way.

One day I'm gonna do it though, stick some money on myself just for shits and giggles :)

I was literally going to stick £20 on him and watch people go into meltdown but looks like I have been beaten too it and people have done it on O'neil already! Wilder out to 16s!

Most managers that have done this historically (John Gregory, John Beck, Dave Basset) have done so by playing physical, percentage football. However Wilder is taking all these 'play football the right way' teams and totally out footballing them.

The guy is a miracle worker.

If you check forums for other teams hardly any PL fans show any interest in Wilder.
He’s seen as a top lower division manager (a bit like Warnock) so at the moment PL clubs aren’t interested. Also I keep saying why would a PL club gamble on an untested manager with no experiences of many of the attributes needed for PL football, they have millions so don’t need to take risks going for the cheap option.

Also he’s still seen as “another Neil Warnock” playing physical agressive football.
If you check forums for other clubs before we play them they STILL don’t get it.
Go on the “Friends of Fulham” forum, their fans say they have all the quality and best players compared to us.
But we are physical and organised. They think we’ll outbattle them and try to stop them from playing (think we’re a Warnock team).
They think it will be tough but they’re all very confident that if Fulham bring their A game then they’ll blow us away Tuesday night.

If you check forums for other teams hardly any PL show any interest in Wilder.
He’s seen as a top lower division manager (a bit like Warnock) so at the moment PL clubs aren’t interested. Also I keep saying why would a PL club gamble on an untested manager with no experiences of many of the attributes needed for PL football, they have millions so don’t need to take risks going for the cheap option.

Also he’s still seen as “another Neil Warnock” playing physical agressive football.
If you check forums for other clubs before we play them they STILL don’t get it.
Go on the “Friends of Fulham” forum, their fans say they have all the quality and best players
But we are physical and organised. They think we’ll outbattle them and try to stop them from playing (think we’re a Warnock team).
They think it will be tough but they’re all very confident that if Fulham bring their A game then they’ll blow us away Tuesday night.
Now you've gone and bloody well spoilt Roygbiv 's view from Fulham thread !!!

If you check forums for other teams hardly any PL fans show any interest in Wilder.

Go on the “Friends of Fulham” forum, their fans say they have all the quality and best players compared to us.

Fans might well have this lazy stereotypical thought. However, the media....pundits, ex-pros, ex-managers all see what Wilder is about. They appreciate the football he's playing. We seem to be media darlings at the moment, Sky love us.

If Wilder leaves for another club that will be going against all his principles and those personality traits he demands in his playing staff, I would be really really surprised if it happened, but we'd drop like a stone if it did,

On the other hand he's hardly likely to come out and say, "Even the Barcelona job wouldn't lure me away from the club I love" as to do so would considerably weaken his hand in every aspect of his current managerial duties and it is that thought which brings me great comfort, when the speculation starts ;)

I don't believe any PL board would 'risk' Wilder. Whilst everyone does have a price, the chance for Wilder to take United to the PL this season is almost priceless. His stock would be sky high, he'd be a genuine Blade legend and if he wanted to exercise any opportunity away from the Lane, would get every blessing.

I don't believe any PL board would 'risk' Wilder. Whilst everyone does have a price, the chance for Wilder to take United to the PL this season is almost priceless. His stock would be sky high, he'd be a genuine Blade legend and if he wanted to exercise any opportunity away from the Lane, would get every blessing.

Of course they wouldn't risk him. He's not had 'Premier League experience'.

Which ironically 95% of managers appointed to the Premier League don't have either.

Which ironically 95% of managers appointed to the Premier League don't have either.

Perhaps if he'd been a reserve coach at Eintract Fuckknows he'd have more of a shout.

True but they’ve had experience managing in the top divisions in other countries
With plenty of experience managing top quality foreign players on big salaries.

I think a factor is that most PL Chairman are foreign and are keen to raise the profile of their club.
So they tend to prefer foreign managers and or former ex players with big international reputations.’
On face value a PL club appointing someone like CW is seriously underwhelming.

Imagine if there was a really impressive manager in the non league who had a fantastic cv winning the league a few times.
Imagine the reaction if someone on here suggested that McCabe appointed that top rated non league manager.
We’d accuse him of losing the plot saying that managing in the non league is a million miles away from the Champiomship.
It’s the same in the PL, they don’t rate achievement at Champiomship level because they think there’s a huge gap compared to the PL.

True but they’ve had experience managing in the top divisions in other countries
With plenty of experience managing top quality foreign players on big salaries.

I think a factor is that most PL Chairman are foreign and are keen to raise the profile of their club.
So they tend to prefer foreign managers and or former ex players with big international reputations.’
On face value a PL club appointing someone like CW is seriously underwhelming.

Imagine if there was a really impressive manager in the non league who had a fantastic cv winning the league a few times.
Imagine the reaction if someone on here suggested that McCabe appointed that top rated non league manager.
We’d accuse him of losing the plot saying that managing in the non league is a million miles away from the Champiomship.
It’s the same in the PL, they don’t rate achievement at Champiomship level because they think there’s a huge gap compared to the PL.

Not sure about the 'raising the profile of their club'

How has Puel, Flores, Silva, Vilas Boas, Pellegrino, Bob Bradley,Mazzari helped raise the profile of any of the clubs that appointed them?

Back
Top Bottom