Everton and Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For that goal v Hull,and the part he played in our promotion,just in credit for me

Never really had an issue with Unsworth to be honest. On that day he was just doing his job. If certain people had done theirs over the course of the season, and the F.A had done theirs with the Cockneys, Unsworth's performance would have been an irrelevence.

An amusing vingette: Jon McClure used to work with someone I know who described him as a "Lidl-Morrissey".

Said he thought everything he said was so profound but was mostly pretentious bollocks.

Amusingly, McClure described it as "sitting at a desk with four other people you hate".

The feeling was mutual.

Everton haven't played in the second tier since God was a boy...This could be the year...Especially if Giggs gets it...

Every time a premier league team loses their manager we get another thread asking if they'll come for Wilder :rolleyes:

An amusing vingette: Jon McClure used to work with someone I know who described him as a "Lidl-Morrissey".

Said he thought everything he said was so profound but was mostly pretentious bollocks.

Amusingly, McClure described it as "sitting at a desk with four other people you hate".

The feeling was mutual.

Something I think we can all agree on: Jon McClure is a copper bottomed, weapons grade, 24 carat twat. Minor dealings with him backstage at V Festival have told me all I need to know: I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire unless I'd been drinking petrol.

Not a chance. Everton 'played the game' in 1994 an were complicit in getting the Blades relegated. Laughable to see the old drunk Rooney bleating for every borderline decision to be a penalty v Burnley. Everton are shit. Moyes robbed them of over a decade, Koeman is fucking useless but there's no way the 'powers that be' will allow Everton to be where they out to be - the Championship.

Not sure how Everton can be blamed for Segers pulling his hand away from a shot he had covered

I think that’s fair enough as banter....I’ve had a good look at the Everton forums and not seen a single mention of wilder.....says a lot about the pl and their fans I think. Yet some clowns seriously put up Ryan Giggs and Phil Neville instead

Never has the phrase “can dish it, cant take it” fit a group of humans so well.

Especially this plank.

“What I said was funny”.

It wasnt that funny though was it Jon? You might have MEANT it to be, but it wasnt. I dont mean its not funny because its offensive or anything. Its just not funny. Like toilet roll or belly button fluff.

Its like I imagine you MEANT your last album (and the rest) to be received as a profound work of artistic genius. But no; sadly they also failed to reach the dizzy heights of your own warped, self aggrandising delusion.

Like your joke.

Still, if you say you told it in the presence of Alex Turner, maybe people will listen for 5 minutes.

Like your career.

He seems to see learning his craft in the lower divisions as somehow beneath him

Alternatively he might not be a complete idiot and realise how difficult that might be.

Four year deal at Everton with DoF, dieticians, video analysis team, several fitness coaches etc to share the load.

If he cocks up after 6 month's it won't have been that difficult. Maybe even enough time to see more of his brother's family. Of course the pay off will be far far larger than it would have been in the lower leagues.

Leicester are in advanced talks with ex Saints manager Claude Puel, meaning that Dyche will stay with them, unless of course Everton go for Dyche, which I can't see happening. I thought Leicester would go foreign, and long may decent English managers get overlooked, if it means Wilder stays with us!

Alternatively he might not be a complete idiot and realise how difficult that might be.

Four year deal at Everton with DoF, dieticians, video analysis team, several fitness coaches etc to share the load.

If he cocks up after 6 month's it won't have been that difficult. Maybe even enough time to see more of his brother's family. Of course the pay off will be far far larger than it would have been in the lower leagues.
But he'll never get another job if he messes up at Everton. I can't imagine he's that desperate for money. His mate Scholes applied for the Oldham job, because he knows you have to learn your trade somewhere. If Giggs really wants to be a manager he should be doing the same, not expecting someone to give a £100m+ budget to a novice.

Leicester are in advanced talks with ex Saints manager Claude Puel, meaning that Dyche will stay with them, unless of course Everton go for Dyche, which I can't see happening. I thought Leicester would go foreign, and long may decent English managers get overlooked, if it means Wilder stays with us!
I think it's been pointed out several times that no PL club has appointed an English manager from outside the PL since 2008. Wilder has managed in the championship for three months. It really isn't likely that any PL club will come in for him until he's got us promoted and proved he can manage in the PL, same as no one has come in for Dyche until now, despite the incredible job he's been doing at Burnley for several years.

Classy...

I have no wish to talk to or follow Wendy idiots but.... If I had to, this would be my reply

Hi Rev
It's big of you to acknowledge that we have a manager that is capable of managing in the premiership.

As you are sharing your wishful thinking, that you find really funny, that he is leaving the Blades for Everton,

I would like to share my wishful thinking with you.

Carloss will fluke a few wins but ultimately relegate the comedy club whilst the Blades, minding the gap, power to promotion.
Now that would be really funny!!!

Enjoy the ride
It's all downhill from here

I have no wish to talk to or follow Wendy idiots but.... If I had to, this would be my reply

Hi Rev
It's big of you to acknowledge that we have a manager that is capable of managing in the premiership.

As you are sharing your wishful thinking, that you find really funny, that he is leaving the Blades for Everton,

I would like to share my wishful thinking with you.

Carloss will fluke a few wins but ultimately relegate the comedy club whilst the Blades, minding the gap, power to promotion.
Now that would be really funny!!!

Enjoy the ride
It's all downhill from here

The Reverend and the Makes guy John McCricick or whatever his name is, is well over the top there! Calling someone a c@@t just makes him look like one to be honest. They really are desperate! Lol!

Doubt it was Everton.

He was investigated over a number of incidents related to supposed betting syndicates.
As I've said before, if Everton were going to nobble Segers, they'd have had to nobble some of our lads too, to make sure results went in their favour. I don't want to consider that possibility.

The Reverend and the Makes guy John McCricick or whatever his name is, is well over the top there! Calling someone a c@@t just makes him look like one to be honest. They really are desperate! Lol!

John McCririck?

SHcririck_2671325b.jpg

Just been looking at the odds for the next Everton manager and Wilder is 66/1. To put that in perspective his odds are higher than Joachim Lowe, Joe Royal, Paul Heckinbottom and Diego Simeone .

If Everton get Dyche then maybe Burnley will come in for him but Premiership clubs are reluctant to pick managers who haven't been at the top level. Even Burnley fans will want a bigger name than Wilder

That said a few posters on Owlstalk have said Everton want him so who knows?

West Brom now being touted to approach Wilder following Pulis's sacking this morning.

Back
Top Bottom