Everton and Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VEGASBLADE

Reaction score
I wonder if they are looking in this direction,taking into CW fantastic record,I believe the Dutchman is on very rocky ground,would he CW leave us ?very similar club to us really apart from the obvious current divisions your thoughts blades!

I wonder if they are looking in this direction,taking into CW fantastic record

No.

They want to push on to CL qualification and will want someone with plenty of top flight experience, and probably European experience too.

Fortunately for us, CW wouldn't tick many of their boxes.

Everton arent the club they used to be.
for example when they employed moyes from preston there ambitions were mid table obscurity now there ambitions are a top 4 finish and they have a hell of a lot of money aswell ! theyll want a proven prem manager sean dyche possibly? eddie howe?

I wonder if they are looking in this direction,taking into CW fantastic record,I believe the Dutchman is on very rocky ground,would he CW leave us ?very similar club to us really apart from the obvious current divisions your thoughts blades!
Just out of interest, aside from the size of stadium (and proposed move to a larger one), average crowd, fan expectation, value of squad, number of league titles, number of cups, number of European campaigns (plus 1 trophy), relative recent success, colour of shirts and the record for number of seasons in the top flight, I was just wondering on what grounds you were calling Everton a 'very similar club to us really'?

I doubt very much that Everton would even have Chris on the short-list.

Fanciful suggestion.

HH

Everton arent the club they used to be.
for example when they employed moyes from preston there ambitions were mid table obscurity now there ambitions are a top 4 finish and they have a hell of a lot of money aswell ! theyll want a proven prem manager sean dyche possibly? eddie howe?
Agreed, strange you mention Howe and Dyche, because Wilder seems the hybrid version of them both demonstrating all the good points that have taken them both so far. In terms of young, driven and talented, English managers he will soon be spoken about in the same way as them. Not too soon hopefully.

I was just wondering on what grounds you were calling Everton a 'very similar club to us really'?

They have two 'e's in the first bit of their name and also like us, live in the shadow of much better and more successful neighbours. After all Liverpool won the top league (not the Prem) in 1990 and Wendy as recently as 1930.

Unlikely, as Everton still have aspirations to be one of the big boys, and as we all know, to do this you need a manager who's surname ends in a "O" or an "I". Having said that, I wish our fans would stop patronising Wilder. Of course he would fucking go if offered, his salary would go from half a million to 5 million.

The Desso, think of the Desso, it needs a player (or manager) sacrificing at least once a season!!

Stick to Vegas pal, leave us Sheff lads to it, Wilder is red and white, forget about the scouser shite!

After a quick glance at their board, not a single mention of Wilder.

For the first time in forever there's literally nothing to worry or complain about, so why some of our fans indulge in masochistic fantasies about all the possible ways we could screw it all up is beyond me.

Yes I know its happened before but if you cant enjoy the rare good times when they happen then you don't deserve them.

Just relax and enjoy it. Breathe..

We are seeing a lot of wrongs being put right. Their escape from relegation at our expense in 1994 is another that could well be corrected come the end of the season.

Not a chance. Everton 'played the game' in 1994 an were complicit in getting the Blades relegated. Laughable to see the old drunk Rooney bleating for every borderline decision to be a penalty v Burnley. Everton are shit. Moyes robbed them of over a decade, Koeman is fucking useless but there's no way the 'powers that be' will allow Everton to be where they out to be - the Championship.

Bill Kenwright is actually one of the few Chairmen in the Premier League who would seriously consider Chris Wilder, he's still comes across as sensible and having his feet on he floor.

I don't think the Everton fans would go for it though, they would want a "Name" in charge.

I think Dyche is in the box seat for next English manager to get a chance at a “big” club. They were bigging him up on 606 in the same terms that we use for Wilder.

Agreed, strange you mention Howe and Dyche, because Wilder seems the hybrid version of them both demonstrating all the good points that have taken them both so far. In terms of young, driven and talented, English managers he will soon be spoken about in the same way as them. Not too soon hopefully.

A more likely scenario is one of those two replacing Koeman and then Bournemouth/Burnley come a knocking at McCabe's door...

Seriously why would wilder want to go.he would be under pressure to from the off to deliver results and be sacked after 10 games. Where as he can stay with his hometown club and lose every game and not be sacked because he would be backed again for promotion. I know which deal I would stay in.

We have in favour the amount of foreign owners in the PL.dont see many opting for a bread and butter manager like Wilder despite his success.. they will always opt for some suit wearing type who has a single Champions League appearance to his name

Bill Kenwright is actually one of the few Chairmen in the Premier League who would seriously consider Chris Wilder, he's still comes across as sensible and having his feet on he floor.

I don't think the Everton fans would go for it though, they would want a "Name" in charge.

Bill Kenwight is aminority shareholder these days. I doubt it's his shout anymore.

Back
Top Bottom