Europa League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some serious bed wetting going on here from people who don’t think we have the ‘squad to handle Europe’ so don’t want us to qualify.

Before I waste my time and cite the team we’ve played today who have as little depth as we do as example of the fact you can do well in both, is football about experiences or excel sheets for you?
A trip to Ukraine, Sweden and Germany in the Europa League group stages that you can talk about for the rest of your LIFE - or not qualifying and potentially going down anyway?
There’s no guarantees in this division so you need to enjoy it while it lasts.

I know what I’m hoping for...

I’ll be thrilled if we make Europe and entirely content if we use it blood the second string.

When is the last time a newly promoted team qualified for a European competition in the PL? (just curious, but wanna say Newcastle?)

I can see both sides of the argument here - but this is an opportunity we may never get again. Even if we don't qualify it should be everyone's aim to play at the highest level.
I understand we have a small squad but some of the lads that have stepped in have impressed, so maybe we only need a couple more players.

If we did qualify, it might be short lived anyway so wouldn't impact the full PL season. It's better to have played and lost than never played at all.

Ipswich... and they got relegated the year after, spunking money on finidi George too.

If nothing else I think it would make us more attractive to an even better class of player, and I don't for one minute think Mr Wilder would put the clubs future at risk by gambling to heavily.
I would say the biggest danger would be the risk of us losing our dynamic duo .........:cool:

Back
Top Bottom