Europa League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it possible that 9th could even get a Europa League place if ManU or Wolves win the Europa League this season and also finish outside top 5?

I Don't want it, too many fixtures without the uplift in income you get from the likes of the CL and we would need to buy a lot more players.. Second seasons could be hard enough. would like fully established first.

Isn’t this the same argument many were having about getting promoted from the championship?

‘We need to establish ourselves in the championship’

‘We can’t compete financially with PL clubs’

Etc etc.

It’s not ended up too badly this year has it?

I Don't want it, too many fixtures without the uplift in income you get from the likes of the CL and we would need to buy a lot more players.. Second seasons could be hard enough. would like fully established first.

Are you for real you are saying you dont want us to qualify for European football some thing we might never get to see in our life you never know. We are in a brilliant position and we might never get this chance again hopefully we will but you dont know. We ALS know what it's like to play games at a quicker rate than most seen as we was used to that in the championship and it caused us no harm then. Also look at the likes of wolves they have established them selfs in the prem and also enjoying European football so why couldn't we? If you seriously dont want European football then there really is some thing wrong with your thought process.

Always makes me laugh when I see comments like this. Its actually a positive coming off the back of a negative if you think about it. "Too many fixtures" so you think we will go all the way to the Europa League Final ?

Its like saying I dont want Europa League because we will go all the way and win, but the squad will suffer as we dont have enough players :D So I'd rather not enter the Europa League so we dont get into trouble with squad fatigue when we win it. 😃

For all we know we might get Europa League and get knocked out first chance ! Surely thats what you should be saying ? 🤣

There are pros and cons of europa, neither argument outweighs the other, the way I see it, if we get it great, if we don't ill lose no sleep as we are still in the prem with one of the best managers around

Isn’t this the same argument many were having about getting promoted from the championship?

‘We need to establish ourselves in the championship’

‘We can’t compete financially with PL clubs’

Etc etc.

It’s not ended up too badly this year has it?

It's not an uncommon opinion he's got but I'm with you. I'm 33, and for my whole life the idea of Sheffield United in a real European competition has been a pure dream. This is the first time we've even had a real shot at it. Even aside from that, I can't want my team not to finish higher up the league table. I want the Blades to finish above as many teams as they can and if that means battling it out with teams overseas then that's a challenge I want to see us take head on.

That and there's a few articles out there that show teams in Europe don't actually tend to do worse for it. It comes with some drawbacks but typically teams do about as well if not better. It seems a lot more like what happens is if a team qualifies and then starts poorly in the League then everyone blames the Europa for it.

Are you for real you are saying you dont want us to qualify for European football some thing we might never get to see in our life you never know. We are in a brilliant position and we might never get this chance again hopefully we will but you dont know. We ALS know what it's like to play games at a quicker rate than most seen as we was used to that in the championship and it caused us no harm then. Also look at the likes of wolves they have established them selfs in the prem and also enjoying European football so why couldn't we? If you seriously dont want European football then there really is some thing wrong with your thought process.
Our squad is not deep enough for two games a week ,if you have not noticed that over the last few weeks then something is wrong with your thought process

Our squad is not deep enough for two games a week ,if you have not noticed that over the last few weeks then something is wrong with your thought process

So we didnt manage it in the championship with out many injuries at all? We haven't had many injuries for the last 4 seasons and we have played with a small squad the last 4 seasons and we haven't done bad? I think you will find the injuries have come after finishing a season with out proper training etc for the last 4 months. If you honestly want to pass up on the chance of missing out on a competition that we might never get the honor to be in. Wolves play with a really small squad also and might be wrong but I am sure they have named a unchanged squad the most this season and if they haven't they are definitely up near the top of the list yet they have also played European football. I just dont understand how you can want to pass up on an amazing opportunity like this. If we can get in Europa league I will be absolutely ecstatic but if we dont then we dont but I will definitely be wanting us to theres no way id ever say I didnt want us to get there.

So we strengthen the squad. We'll have to do it anyway. Worst case with our current squad would be sticking in players like Verrips and Clarke, be happy we got some reserves a competitive game, bomb out the competition, and carry on with the league.

So we didnt manage it in the championship with out many injuries at all? We haven't had many injuries for the last 4 seasons and we have played with a small squad the last 4 seasons and we haven't done bad? I think you will find the injuries have come after finishing a season with out proper training etc for the last 4 months. If you honestly want to pass up on the chance of missing out on a competition that we might never get the honor to be in. Wolves play with a really small squad also and might be wrong but I am sure they have named a unchanged squad the most this season and if they haven't they are definitely up near the top of the list yet they have also played European football. I just dont understand how you can want to pass up on an amazing opportunity like this. If we can get in Europa league I will be absolutely ecstatic but if we dont then we dont but I will definitely be wanting us to theres no way id ever say I didnt want us to get there.
The players in the premier league and Europa league are a bit better than in the championship

Also what's amazing about it ? Playing in azarbaejan on a Thursday night arriving back on Friday night not training Saturday and losing Sunday

Playing 2 games a week in the championship is very different to 1 game in the premier league and 1 in the Europa League.....
Plus all the extra travel time, and less rest time.

The Wolves argument can be cancelled out by looking at the likes of Fulham/Swansea/Birmingham/Wigan/Stoke.
Not that i'm claiming it's the sole reason for their relegation from the top flight, but, Europa League qualification is of very little significance finance wise.

The players in the premier league and Europa league are a bit better than in the championship

Also what's amazing about it ? Playing in azarbaejan on a Thursday night arriving back on Friday night not training Saturday and losing Sunday

I wasn't questioning the quality I was on about the number of games and the fact we didnt get any injuries etc so what would be the difference? There is no reason what so ever that European football has to have a negative effect on your league result? Is it effecting wolves? If anything it can give you more confidence and if your on a good run it can keep it going or if your on a bad run you can end it in that and get confidence for the next game your view on it is so negative for no reason. And whats so amazing about that? What finishing as high as we can in the league? Or maybe I dont know maybe been in one of the most prestigious competitions in the world that we might never get another chance of been in or been able to watch in our lifes. But no theres nothing amazing about that at all. Wolves are doing just fine they have managed to come up from the championship strengthen gradually and compete in the premiership season after season so why cant we? O yeah because some fans just have that little mind set that we cant do it because we arent good enough etc but how do we know if we havent got into that position.

If we do manage it, hopefully fans are allowed back to games by then. Can you imagine the piss ups in Europe?

Decent....Until the foreign cops turn up.

Especially in Spain.
Absolute scum.

Long article, lots of graphs, so I'll just say that the conclusion is that overall Europa League doesn't have any real impact on domestic performance.

It's another one of those footballing myths that people prefer to data.

Playing 2 games a week in the championship is very different to 1 game in the premier league and 1 in the Europa League.....
Plus all the extra travel time, and less rest time.

The Wolves argument can be cancelled out by looking at the likes of Fulham/Swansea/Birmingham/Wigan/Stoke.
Not that i'm claiming it's the sole reason for their relegation from the top flight, but, Europa League qualification is of very little significance finance wise.

It might not be brilliant financially but it is a prestigious competition? So you dont ever have ambitions of watching United tear it up in a European league with some of the best teams in the world. I really am amazed that some people have this mind set. I cant believe some people would just be happy for us to just have no ambition at all all because it doesnt have enough financial benerfit for people. I am amazed. I never said it was the exact same as been in the championship I was just saying the games then was thick and fast. I cant believe how little ambition some people have I cant see this been any of the players mind sets or wilder's mind set they will want to see us grow season after season as will the majority of fans and if we could get into a major tournament on our first season back in the premiership then that's an amazing start.

I wasn't questioning the quality I was on about the number of games and the fact we didnt get any injuries etc so what would be the difference? There is no reason what so ever that European football has to have a negative effect on your league result? Is it effecting wolves? If anything it can give you more confidence and if your on a good run it can keep it going or if your on a bad run you can end it in that and get confidence for the next game your view on it is so negative for no reason. And whats so amazing about that? What finishing as high as we can in the league? Or maybe I dont know maybe been in one of the most prestigious competitions in the world that we might never get another chance of been in or been able to watch in our lifes. But no theres nothing amazing about that at all. Wolves are doing just fine they have managed to come up from the championship strengthen gradually and compete in the premiership season after season so why cant we? O yeah because some fans just have that little mind set that we cant do it because we arent good enough etc but how do we know if we havent got into that position.
If we are in the Europa league next season we will go.down
What's ambitious about it ? Its shit no one watches it

Ask Bash or Billy or any of our boys if they want to play in Europe,ask Wilder.....I know what the answer will be.....bring it on!
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity for all but a lucky few in the professional game.
Apparently some fans don’t want it,blah blah blah
I’ve heard it all before about not wanting promotion to the premier league,about consolidating and all the rest.
I’m just glad Wilder and the players are more ambitious than that.

Ask Bash or Billy or any of our boys if they want to play in Europe,ask Wilder.....I know what the answer will be.....bring it on!
It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity for all but a lucky few in the professional game.
Apparently some fans don’t want it,blah blah blah
I’ve heard it all before about not wanting promotion to the premier league,about consolidating and all the rest.
I’m just glad Wilder and the players are more ambitious than that.

Exactly this its unbelievable that people think otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom